Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,477,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So you & your friend at work are basically tax cheats and your friend is committing food stamp fraud as well. Your friend's "doomsday" scenario where he is stockpiling food by illegaly using food stamps should be the last of his concerns! I suggest you tell him to buy Vaseline because he's going to need it in prison and buy lots of bologna & bread so he can get used to the taste because that's what he will be eating for years behind bars!

Prison, ? in what country. Not this one.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
The United States, however, is correct that “income” is afforded its every day usage as any gain derived from capital, labor, or both combined.

What gain is realized when I am out time? If I own stock, and I sell at a higher price than I bought it for, that is a net GAIN, and rightfully so capital GAINS taxes would be in order.

If I own a house, and sell it for more than I purchased it for, a GAIN is realized and the income tax would be applied correctly.

Like I told the other box of rocks, you should report me, only you call the IRS
Newsflash - you don't get to decide what constitutes income.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,973,273 times
Quote:
Lol oh yes.

Do your duty citizen. Report me to Homeland. Have them subpoena my ISP once they figure out exactly who I am.

I highly encourage you to make that phone call.
Why should I bother?
The rednecks in WI will do a better job of dealing with you.

7,541 posts, read 6,267,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then how to do you only pay for things you use, if you don't pay taxes?

he only reports SOME of what he makes. So can we make sure he uses only SOME of the services that is funded by our taxes?

Like he can only use SOME roads? I propose that he is not allowed to walk on any road, or drive on any road or walk on any sidewalk that goes to his directly to his job.

Like he can only use the public parks for two hours of the day....and those hours would be some god awful time like 4 am in the morning....

etc....

300 posts, read 250,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then how to do you only pay for things you use, if you don't pay taxes?
I never said I don't pay taxes, I said I don't pay income taxes.

As I previously posted, I pay those taxes which are unavoidable, such as gasoline taxes, etc etc which in turn are used for roads.

I pay taxes on electricity until I decide to install a solar PV array and disconnect myself from the power grid.

I pay sales taxes on things I cannot buy online, or on things I wish to have immediately.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,973,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
he only reports SOME of what he makes. So can we make sure he uses only SOME of the services that is funded by our taxes?

Like he can only use SOME roads? I propose that he is not allowed to walk on any road, or drive on any road or walk on any sidewalk that goes to his directly to his job.

Like he can only use the public parks for two hours of the day....and those hours would be some god awful time like 4 am in the morning....

etc....
Heres a good one, he can only use the roads in winter before the snowplows go through.

7,541 posts, read 6,267,165 times
Quote:
thereby admitting to a crime.

1,569 posts, read 2,043,156 times
Quote:

As I previously posted, I pay those taxes which are unavoidable, such as gasoline taxes, etc etc which in turn are used for roads.

I pay taxes on electricity until I decide to install a solar PV array and disconnect myself from the power grid.

I pay sales taxes on things I cannot buy online, or on things I wish to have immediately.
LOL - I pay taxes - the ones I can't avoid paying! Well, I take everything back - what an upstanding member of society you are.

300 posts, read 250,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Newsflash - you don't get to decide what constitutes income.
Lol who does? The people in charge of taking your money?

The law is only as specific as it is written.

Loopholes, or call them what you will, are meant to be exploited.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,820,271 times
Quote:
We are both educated, and have jobs
It sounds like he means well; for himself. What he's doing is still wrong IMO and he's cheating taxpayers to stock his pantry. And the fact that he sees the government doing itself in as his excuse to do it is lame. Just my opinion though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.