Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:34 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"New York City firefighters came to the rescue of two NYPD cops who were outnumbered and getting pummeled by 50 angry female teenagers on Tuesday...The scene unfolded in New York’s Staten Island borough when a mob of 50 young females gathered outside the home of a single young girl and threatened her. Apparently, the girl had been kept home from school for several days because of repeated and vicious bullying, so the bullies came to her doorstep."

Mob of 50 Teen-Aged Girls Beats Down Two NYC Cops | TheBlaze.com

I don't even know what to say. This is unbelievable.
Number 1 goal in life - stay out of the ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
I'll bet 100% most of the 50 come from a sinlge family home.
This is just down right silly.

Thank god I don't have children........having to explain why people are ignorant would get old really fast.

I sometimes wonder if blacks have not suffered enough. After the devastating history of blacks in this country you'd really think we would be the highest achievers in this country, it seems to be the opposite with a certain class of blacks. They discuss me. Never wonder why blacks that grow up poor and make something out of their lives move out of the hood. Here is your reason why. The hood is the way it is because of the people not the location. Inner city black kids have to be some of the most ignorant people that I have ever come across. They have no respct for anyone, including themselves.

When I used to ride the trains in Chicago, guess who were always the loudest and most disrespectful? The girls were the worst.

Last edited by Ron.; 12-07-2011 at 02:55 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 02:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Number 1 goal in life - stay out of the ghetto.
Staten Island is a ghetto???

Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Staten Island is a ghetto???
Mob of 50 girls attacking the cops and having to be washed away by a water cannon?

That sounds pretty ghetto to me.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
"New York City firefighters came to the rescue of two NYPD cops who were outnumbered and getting pummeled by 50 angry female teenagers on Tuesday...The scene unfolded in New York’s Staten Island borough when a mob of 50 young females gathered outside the home of a single young girl and threatened her. Apparently, the girl had been kept home from school for several days because of repeated and vicious bullying, so the bullies came to her doorstep."

Mob of 50 Teen-Aged Girls Beats Down Two NYC Cops | TheBlaze.com

I don't even know what to say. This is unbelievable.
Hot diggety dog. I wonder if the NYFD was trying to show the Occupiers what probably would happen to them next spring. I have thought the water cannons should have been broken out many times lately and maybe they are trying to tell rioters what could happen. I sure hope so.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM

577 posts, read 899,956 times
Quote:
Can't be true. New York, like most states, has the mandatory public school anti-bullying program in effect to fix all the bullying problems by making everybody like each other.
I don't mean this in an offensive way but do you really think "anti bullying programs" are going to make dent over a GANG dispute? This is the same neighborhood where a young girl was shot in the face as a bystander during a drug altercation gone wrong.

To answer a previous poster-- yes, parts of Staten Island are "ghetto."

Old 12-07-2011, 03:19 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Don't cops who use justifiable force against violent, out of control women (or girls) almost always incur the wrath and judgement of their brutality and are mocked in their supposed inability to properly and gently handle the "weaker sex"?
Eric Holder's Department of Social Justice would have crucified the two officers if they defended themselves.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'll bet 100% most of the 50 come from a sinlge family home.
This is just down right silly.

Thank god I don't have children........having to explain why people are ignorant would get old really fast.

I sometimes wonder if blacks have not suffered enough. After the devastating history of blacks in this country you'd really think we would be the highest achievers in this country, it seems to be the opposite with a certain class of blacks. They discuss me. Never wonder why blacks that grow up poor and make something out of their lives move out of the hood. Here is your reason why. The hood is the way it is because of the people not the location. Inner city black kids have to be some of the most ignorant people that I have ever come across. They have no respct for anyone, including themselves.

When I used to ride the trains in Chicago, guess who were always the loudest and most disrespectful? The girls were the worst.
Sadly, I agree with you. I just am very disappointed at the way in which some black people continue to meet society's low expectations of them. Where is your pride? Your sense of self worth? Your "You think I'm dumb...well, watch me work and succeed". I mean, really...it's downright frustrating to see people who just don't care that their lives are going nowhere.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I want to buy you a T-shirt with that printed in big, bold letters, front and back. I also want to buy you a plane ticket to NYC. There's only one catch - you have to wear that shirt in public for at least six hours, every day for a week.

Deal?
A better idea would be a tshirt that says "HANG THE ******S" (hint:it rhymes with a Winnie the Pooh character), drop him off in Harlem, see how long it takes before he's begging for police assistance.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:46 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Sadly, I agree with you. I just am very disappointed at the way in which some black people continue to meet society's low expectations of them. Where is your pride? Your sense of self worth? Your "You think I'm dumb...well, watch me work and succeed". I mean, really...it's downright frustrating to see people who just don't care that their lives are going nowhere.
You said it: "Where is your pride? Your sense of self worth?"

They've never been taught about things like character and integrity. Those are words that are not used in their daily vocabulary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies