Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We have one of those so-called FEMA camps 1/2 mile from where I live that has the OP's source in a twitter. All it is is a place where they store trailers back to back that can quickly be moved to where ever there is an emergency. Why is it so are to accept that FEMA has these storage places all over the country without reading something sinister into it?
The storage lots for FEMA trailers are not what are being discussed here... What are being discussed, are literal detention facilities, complete with gurard towers and plenty of razor cut wire. They do exist, the question only becomes why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 10:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
They are called "National Emergency Centers" and the last bill introduced that I could find to fund them was in Jan 2009 and it just sat there.

The bill was HR 645 filed Jan 2009.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I do not like Rachel Maddow but watch this:

Obama Justifies FEMA imprisonment of civilians !!! - YouTube
Wow! I don't recall any attention being brought on this speech.
Detain them, or just kill em in the name of prevention, such as Alwaki. We may even start WWIII with Iran under the guise of prevention.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:57 AM

659 posts, read 1,145,888 times
and now with the new law in place, oh that is not good, I hope these places really do not exist, but have read and heard bout this from some very credible people over the years..wow. I usually dont believe in conspiracies, used to laugh at them, lately however I do see there is some truth to them, not all, but some of them, yes!

Old 12-10-2011, 06:18 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The storage lots for FEMA trailers are not what are being discussed here... What are being discussed, are literal detention facilities, complete with gurard towers and plenty of razor cut wire. They do exist, the question only becomes why?
Yes, they do indeed exist, and I'm referring specifically to those facilities where were constructed or refurbished under the auspices of REX84, or those facilities built recently under contract by Haliburton and KBR.

I do not know when or why they are intended to be used.

The other facilities are nothing. They are to be used as temporary morgues, housing or storage of disaster supplies during disasters such as tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes.

That is very obvious from their design and the type and level of security they have.

Quote:
Did you bother reading the original article I posted and the links they provided?

Links such as ARMY.MIL...?
Well, I did, but many of the links are garbage, as I pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We have one of those so-called FEMA camps 1/2 mile from where I live that has the OP's source in a twitter. All it is is a place where they store trailers back to back that can quickly be moved to where ever there is an emergency. Why is it so are to accept that FEMA has these storage places all over the country without reading something sinister into it?
Again, many, if not the overwhelming majority of those places cited are not "camps" or detention centers. They are merely storage facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You were expressing concern over whether there will be Presidential election. Despite all the fear mongering rhetoric you tin hatters like to get each other all riled up about, that concern is irrational.
Seriously, I would like to agree with you, but history being what it is (or was) and the future being what it might be, it looks gloomier every year.

Still, the question stands, "Why is KBR being awarded contracts to construct detention facilities?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
WND also reported KBR, formerly the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Co., has a contingency contract in place with the Department of Homeland Security to construct detention facilities in the event of a national emergency. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, spokeswoman Julie Zuieback confirmed to WND on May 29 that the Department of Homeland Security in January awarded KBR a $385 million contract to construct detention facilities on a contingency basis.

Christensen said it was outside his area to comment on whether the DHS could ask KBR to build a civilian prison labor camp on an Army installation.

WND called the White House and the Department of Homeland Security and left detailed messages about the substance of this story but received no response.
Additionally, during the Clinton Administration, contracts were awarded to rehab and refurbish many of the detention facilities used house Japanese during WW II.

It is my understanding that at least one of those former WW II detention centers has been made into a sort of memorial park, but I do not know if that was funded under the same bill that came through the Clinton Administration, or if the State (and I don't remember which one) took it upon itself to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes and the rational posters who trust everything the government does even when they know the government has lied to it's citizenry over and over again AND has in the recent past interned US citizens via executive order are the ones who make sense???

Can you say "Thank you sir may I have another"? That is what they want you to do Mr. Rational.
Perhaps it comes down to "How do you be vigilant without being irrational?"

I'm all for vigilance, especially since that is a necessary ingredient for any form of democracy to function (so says Plato).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
FEMA camps, internment camps, call them what you will.

Do you think Americans knew that internment camps were being build during WWII right here in America and that Japanese-Americans would be rounded up and forced to live there ?

Do you think Americans knew that before it actually happened ?
The evidence indicates they weren't.

I was in the Tiger Brigade in NORTHAG and we used to train at Belsen right next to Bergen-Belsen (the concentration camp), so I spent dozens of hours wandering through there and also at some of the sub-camps in the area. I had a girlfriend that lived off of B3 coming out of Paderborn heading toward Celle (where the Green Jackets were based) and I'd ride the train there on weekends to stay with her family. Her grandparents lived with them (typical in Germany) and they had no idea those camps were there. Her grandfather told me he heard rumors about the camps late in the war, and actually came across Bergen-Belsen, but what many Germans told me was that they weren't aware of the camps until long after they were built and in operation (and some didn't know until after the war was over).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The US has done it once before and the people of America were swayed into believing it was the "right" thing to do and were made to fear Japanese-Americans as the enemy.

What makes anyone so sure it won't happen again ? Aren't we now being told by DHS to "see something, say something" about our fellow Americans ?

Can't trust your neighbor..he could be an infidel, a terrorist, a threat to US National Security.
Everyone is a potential terrorist at an airport. Ten years ago, would anyone have imagined that you'd be groped and felt up by strangers so you could fly to another city in the US ?
Well, we don't know with any certainty. If History is any indication, then History repeats itself. I'll be sure and look forward to that.

Plato said that all forms of democracy ultimately fail, because the masses are inherently selfish and always desire more than they could possibly have at the expense of others, and that inevitably a crisis emerges and people will sell their souls to a dictator to be "saved."

So far, his observations have proven to be spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I have a lot of respect for you Mircea, you always back up what you say with intel. However, we have a healthy fear of this overblown gov't that seeks evermore control over us. Power corrupts, I don't think you would argue with that. We the people have handed our power over to the hands of politicians, expecting them to protect our liberties, which they are hellbent on eroding.
I was one that saw no problem with the Patriot Act, saying if you have nothing to hide, what's the problem. I have changed my tune.
So, my question to you is, do you or did you support the Patriot Act? Not to change the subject, I just want to understand how much trust you have in our gov't.
I would like to be able to look you in the eye and say that your government is benevolent, but I am unable to do that.

You know I wear a Humanitarian Service Medal for beating the hell out of Cubans at Fort Chaffee (Arkansas). Go figure, but I mention that because Fort McCoy (Wisconsin) like Fort Chafee (and Fort Dix) were originally built to house EPW/CIs decades ago.

When I wasn't "sleeping with the bomb" (or talking to them), I used to write the operating budgets for such facilities, manage and secure them and train others how to manage and secure them, which is why I know so much about them.

The overwhelming majority of the facilities listed on these "FEMA camp" lists are nothing more than what they appear to be, which is a storage facility or temporary morgues or temporary housing during natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes.

The other facilities, the ones built during REX84 and under contract by KBR are exactly what they appear to be, and those are detention facilities.

The US has more than adequate space on existing installations and facilities to house EPWs (Enemy Prisoners of War), so I have to seriously question the need to build even more facilities.

The use of the EPW facilities would only occur during a long and protracted conflict with a large country, or several countries.

I don't exactly see that anywhere in the near to mid-future, or even the long term future for that matter.

That leaves the CI part, Civilian Internees.

Given that there is a surplus of space for EPW/CIs, and that the government has either built additional facilities or refurbished facilities not-in-use and not part of any current or existing war plans to create an even greater surplus of space, it would seem they are solely for use by Civilian Internees.

That would be tantamount to someone who has 85 years and living alone in a 4-bedroom home with no family or heirs contracting a home remodeling company to add 20 additional bedrooms.

They don't have children, aren't going to have children, and have no family, so who exactly is going to be occupying those additional bedrooms?

That of course begs the question, "Which Civilian Internees, and from what country(ies)?"

I don't know.

As far as the Patriot Act, well, why did 9-11 happen?

It happened because the airlines were too cheap to go to Lowe's and spend $4.95 on a padlock and a hasp.

It happened because a $4.1 Million shopping mall will have a dozen armed and unarmed uniformed and plain clothes security personnel on duty at any given time, yet the airlines were too cheap to put a $10/hour armed plain-clothed security guard with a 9 mm and rubber/plastic bullets on a $60 Million asset (namely the aircraft) to protect it (and the passengers and crew).

It happened because your government refuses to enforce its own immigration laws, and properly patrol/secure its borders, which allowed a number of the alleged-hijackers to entry the country by unknown means (as at least 6 of them did), or obtain visas erroneously because State Department employees at foreign missions failed to follow their own policies and procedures (or US laws), or because the US refused to enforce its own laws and hunt down and deport those who entered legally, but then stayed well beyond the expiration of their visas.

And it happened because the airlines failed to properly train their pilots in their first duty, which is to the aircraft, not the passengers. Dead pilots can't land an aircraft, nor can they keep it flying. Okay, so a stewardess had a box-cutter at her throat. The pilots could have had the plane on the ground and the passengers off before people were killed or injured. You have weigh death or injury to one or two passengers or crew members versus the death of all passengers and loss of the aircraft. And if the airlines had put a $10/hour plain-clothed security guard on board with a 9 mm and rubber/plastic bullets to protect their $60 Million aircraft and the passengers and crew, the security guard would have had tremendous fun watching the alleged hijackers writhe in agony as he bounces rubber/plastic bullets off of their heads.

So now we have the Patriot Act, which is what, to ostensibly keep 9-11 from happening again?

Except the airlines are still too cheap to go to Lowe's and buy a $4.95 padlock and hasp to secure the cockpit doors.

And the airlines are still too cheap to put a $10/hour plain-clothed security guard on board with a 9 mm and rubber/plastic bullets to protect their $60 Million aircraft and the passengers and crew.

And the government still refuses to enforce its own laws regarding immigration or secure its own borders.

So what has changed?

Nothing.

Then what does the Patriot Act do? Something. It strips people of their rights and gives the government a tremendous advantage in doing whatever it wants to do, which may not necessarily be in the best interest of the people.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
KickassArmyChick,

Well...here's some information that is legitimate as can be,and it's about "Re-Education camps." This is a former FBI agent and you can google his name and find out yeppers, he's for real.

Larry Grathwohl on Ayers' plan for American re-education camps and the need to kill millions - YouTube
Amazing that people can support Obama knowing his close ties to Bill Ayers.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:23 PM

52 posts, read 75,155 times
Wink army labor camps

Quote:
I like how everyone will say "oh, he is crazy" blahblahblah.

Did you even bother looking at the article, checking out the links?

Of course not.

Are you also one of the few who think S 1867 is a hoax?

I remember people also called Alex Jones crazy when he said the government would attempt to take away our right to due process.
my sis and i have seen 2 in n.c. south of norfolk. 1 in va. but its too easy for a doubter to call us nut jobs. just look up u.s. army civilian inmate labor program for one.
keep it up army chick. if u get just 1 to inquire u broke even as i see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies