Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 03:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
[SIZE=4]Ranks of Scientists Doubting Darwin’s Theory on the Rise[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]CSC - Ranks of Scientists Doubting Darwin’s Theory on the Rise[/SIZE]
Yeah right, funny thing most scientists do not consider it a Theory any more, they consider it Fact. Only a moron would ignore the evidence, but then again, life is full of choices and if somone wishs to remain ignorant they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?
Oh, really? Proven? Who knew? Can you point me to this "proof"?

"Evolution" is a ridiculous idea, promulgated by atheists who had to find some reason for their existance since they decided not to believe God!

What does it matter how old (I assume you were referring to the Bible) the "book" is? And it is a pretty amazing book, written by men with less education than most have today, yet they wrote with greater wisdom and authority than their education would have us believe possible. Why? Because they wrote as the Holy Spirit moved them (for you atheists and dummies that don't understand this terminology, that means that God himself wrote through them).

Now, you examine any scripture you wish, and you tell me what uneducated man today could possibly write even one verse as elloquently as these men. Even the birth, the life, and the death of Christ was foretold with amazing detail and accuracy.

But, you can stick with your particular fantasy. You are allowed to ramain ignorant. You are free. I couldn't care less. But I do wish you would quit mocking those of us who believe God. Yours is the more ridiculous position. At least I can say you are creative!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,551,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It does seem to be the case that you get both things wrong for the same reasons.
And what reason might they be I might ask?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Prove that the bible is fiction and then .. Prove the Origin of Species is not!
<snicker> Of course they can do neither!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,111,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
And what reason might they be I might ask?
If you really have to ask, it will take far too long to explain to you.

You also will refuse to accept any evidence that does not agree with your belief.

I'm not in the mood for another pointless argument with a Cretinist that will ignore facts, misrepresent science, lie, distort, quote mine, etc.

You're just wrong. Someday I hope you figure it out. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
HUH?
Boy do you have the wrong user name!
Perhaps he should have added "minded" to his name, I know it would suit others.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yeah right, funny thing most scientists do not consider it a Theory any more, they consider it Fact. Only a moron would ignore the evidence, but then again, life is full of choices and if somone wishs to remain ignorant they can.

Is that what you are doing? Remaining ignorant? Funny so many do not consider it fact.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Prove the bible is real! hurrr
That's really pretty easy. As purely a historical document, it has been proven accurate in terms of people, places, etc.

As for prophesy, much has been fulfilled already (including the birth, life, and death of Christ). Much is yet to come, but we can see it unfolding, especially in these times.

It isn't even arguable that it isn't an accurate book in terms of it's historical content.

It's obvious that someone like you who would ask to "prove" it is "real" has never read a word of it. Certainly you have never studied it, or made any attempt to disprove any of it. If you had, as at least one person did (Josh McDowell), you would probably come to a different conclusion about it. There is just too much evidence that "demands a verdict" (as Josh put it in his book "Evidence That Demands a Verdict"). You see, Josh set out to "disprove" it. What he found surprised him. In fact, it astounded him.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,111,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Is that what you are doing? Remaining ignorant? Funny so many do not consider it fact.
Not so much funny as tragic.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Not so much funny as tragic.

Tragic for those who believe in fairy tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies