Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
See that is why I am glad I don't have a gov office job. I would not be able to put up a little Christmas Tree (free to express) or a Cross in my office! Not to mention saying a blessing at lunch time before I eat.

Doesn't matter if I am offended for not being allowed to do so...as long as I don't offend the others...
What a load of BS you are shooting tonight.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What a load of BS you are shooting tonight.
how's that?

Old 12-11-2011, 02:27 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
how's that?
Such a victim

Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
See that is why I am glad I don't have a gov office job. I would not be able to put up a little Christmas Tree (free to express) or a Cross in my office! Not to mention saying a blessing at lunch time before I eat.

Doesn't matter if I am offended for not being allowed to do so...as long as I don't offend the others...
Ummmm, as someone who has worked for the government, I can safely say that your statement is erroneous - to say the least.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Nobody will say anything to you unless you make a pest of yourself. Seriously, give it a try. You just aren't that important for anyone to notice.

Almost every school has a Christian club or some other religious group on campus BTW, and people pray all the time at school. Nobody gives a f...

What EXACTLY do you think would happen? Details please.
Seriously read the article about the case that students were praying off to the side at a gov building and the instructor of the class was told loitering was not permitted.

Another case where a student and a teacher were praying in a hallway offering up prayers over an ill student. Some one saw them and reported them to the principle--they took up issue with it.

Instead of saying no one gives a f----give it a try and find out how the other side lives for awhile. Then tell them you're atheist.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Ummmm, as someone who has worked for the government, I can safely say that your statement is erroneous - to say the least.
Seriously, read some new articles. Another article a woman took offense at a woman who had a cross on her desk. She filed a complaint.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Such a victim
That would be the atheist.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
That, that I placed in bold...go give that a try today and just see how far you get. If you stop to pray in a government building you'll be arrested for loitering and if you bow your head in school to pray, some one will make a case of it. Seriously, give it a try.
Seriously? When does this happen? Geeze, you sure are a hoot.

Hey, guys, if you a priest walks into a courthouse, the bailiff'll shoot'm! I swear! Seriously, give it a try!

There, I made your next post for you.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Seriously, read some new articles. Another article a woman took offense at a woman who had a cross on her desk. She filed a complaint.
OMG! It's a conspiracy! Thousands of governments in the U.S, with millions f employees, and a coworker complained about another coworker! It wasn't even the government that did the complaining, sheeesh.

EEOC Informal Discussion Letter

Quote:
Employees do have some rights to express their religious views in the workplace. For example, most employers will not be able to show that it would be an undue hardship to permit one employee to wear a yarmulke or another to display a cross in his or her private office. However, Title VII does not confer absolute freedom of expression on employees merely because that expression is religiously motivated.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Seriously? When does this happen? Geeze, you sure are a hoot.

Hey, guys, if you a priest walks into a courthouse, the bailiff'll shoot'm! I swear! Seriously, give it a try!

There, I made your next post for you.
~ I shakes my head ~ you know what they say about debates....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies