Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times

Advertisements

Writing letters to the POTUS or reps is a waste of effort. If the OP does get a response by mail or phone they most likely will be told to go through proper channels. And that is SSI and they have turned it over to a administration Judge. The OP's case is not special we all hear these stories all the time and the best solution is to hire a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I know several people who do have SSI disablity. All of them had to get a lawyer and all them had to appeal. It took 2-3 attempts before it was granted.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:45 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I wrote to Obama's White House twice in the past two months, both times requesting a reply, and never once got one.

My situation is, I have Asperger's syndrome, Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, dysthymia, and other mental health problems. I also have a brain tumor (most likely astrocytoma). I'm trying to apply for SSI but the Social Security Administration messed up my case and now I need to see an administrative judge. I appealed first to Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, and only Bill Nelson answered and told me nothing could be done after looking into my case. So I wrote to Obama since his picture is on the wall of the Social Security office. Well, I did that twice and no answer, and I swore if I didn't get a response in two weeks finally, I would change my political party from Democrat to something else. So now it's been two weeks, and it's time for me to change. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Barak Obama and can't see myself voting for him, and I may not vote for another Democrat in my whole life (however short or long that may be). I've never felt so let down by America, I feel cut off like nobody gives a crap. I'm angry as hell as afraid, I wanted to move out before I turned 36 to live a bit on my own in case I do have the astrocytoma, because its not operable... I may have only a few years to live before I need chemotherapy and radiation. I'm posting this to let everybody know what Barak Obama failed to do, and why he's lost my vote.
I read Obama will only read 10 letters from people a day and they are screened for the subject and for if they are "for" him or "against" him. You don't have a lot of chance getting him anything.

Please try your Congressperson.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is the exact type of person that the President's revamp of the healthcare system is going to help. Yet the Republicans and Tea Party folks are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that people like the OP do not get the medical attention that they deserve. If they aren't lucky/wealthy enough to have health insurance its their own fault, right?
Don't be daft. This person is applying for SSI. S/he never claimed to not have health insurance or that health insurance was even the issue. Nice partisan deflection.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
All I read into the OP is this:

1) Paperwork snafu that can be remedied
2) Entitlement mentality

While I can sympathize with your situation, i've found that those who are quick to descriptively layout their disorders by name are those who are quick to wallow in their own pity. It's kind of like the guy sitting next to you at the bar who wants to tell you his life story and expects you to be interested. He's wallowing and he wants something in return for his miserable existence.

I hope you get the medical help that you need, but I do sense a bit of entitlement mentality that probably makes the situation worse for you mentally.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
I wrote to Obama's White House twice in the past two months, both times requesting a reply, and never once got one.

My situation is, I have Asperger's syndrome, Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, dysthymia, and other mental health problems. I also have a brain tumor (most likely astrocytoma). I'm trying to apply for SSI but the Social Security Administration messed up my case and now I need to see an administrative judge. I appealed first to Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, and only Bill Nelson answered and told me nothing could be done after looking into my case. So I wrote to Obama since his picture is on the wall of the Social Security office. Well, I did that twice and no answer, and I swore if I didn't get a response in two weeks finally, I would change my political party from Democrat to something else. So now it's been two weeks, and it's time for me to change. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Barak Obama and can't see myself voting for him, and I may not vote for another Democrat in my whole life (however short or long that may be). I've never felt so let down by America, I feel cut off like nobody gives a crap. I'm angry as hell as afraid, I wanted to move out before I turned 36 to live a bit on my own in case I do have the astrocytoma, because its not operable... I may have only a few years to live before I need chemotherapy and radiation. I'm posting this to let everybody know what Barak Obama failed to do, and why he's lost my vote.
Barack Obama is about as useful as a 20 year old coon dog with bad breath and a kerosene a$$. Whew, not that I have that out of the way.

1. Talk to your local U.S. Representative. They should have a local office staffed at all times, and should have someone there who can sit down and talk to you.

2. Talk to your local senator. They should have an office that you can call.

3. Talk to an attorney. If you have monetary issues try City Legal Guide - Free Local Legal and Attorney Information

Remember, not all democrats are blithering idiots, and neither are all republicans. Political parties and groups from all walks of life have lunatics, degenerates, idiots, uncompassionate jerks, etc etc ad nauseam.

Now, that being said, don't fault Obama.. (GACK, I cannot believe I said that...) He does have the entire U.S. to worry about, and a letter or two from a one single individual is not going to demand his immediate and undivided attention.

I do hope and pray that things work out for you, have a Happy Chanukkah, or Merry Christmas, and a happy healthy and safe new year. Hopefully sometime between now, and whenever, you get some good news, both from SS and from the Medical front. Advances in medicine are taking place day by day..

Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I know several people who do have SSI disablity. All of them had to get a lawyer and all them had to appeal. It took 2-3 attempts before it was granted.
Noticed the same thing in my stick of the woods and I do not know 1 person who did not hire a lawyer.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

Do you really believe the president of the United States should get involved in every personal case? Really!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,101 times
Quote:

You actually need an attorney. My friend was denied for disability when she had cancer. She had to get an attorney.

I don't support Obama, but I don't think this is his fault.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Sorry to hear about your condition. You should try and get in a local paper and hope the dem party takes note. When Obama comes to your area he could tout you as one who his healthcare plan will help out even though it would be a lie but it would get your foot in the door.

As for your SS hearing like was mentioned earlier you need to get an attorney. My father had his back fused together at the neck and spine and was denied multiple times until he finally got an attorney to represent him. He's of age now but that was five or so years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies