Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,490 times

Advertisements

I wrote to Obama's White House twice in the past two months, both times requesting a reply, and never once got one.

My situation is, I have Asperger's syndrome, Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, dysthymia, and other mental health problems. I also have a brain tumor (most likely astrocytoma). I'm trying to apply for SSI but the Social Security Administration messed up my case and now I need to see an administrative judge. I appealed first to Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, and only Bill Nelson answered and told me nothing could be done after looking into my case. So I wrote to Obama since his picture is on the wall of the Social Security office. Well, I did that twice and no answer, and I swore if I didn't get a response in two weeks finally, I would change my political party from Democrat to something else. So now it's been two weeks, and it's time for me to change. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Barak Obama and can't see myself voting for him, and I may not vote for another Democrat in my whole life (however short or long that may be). I've never felt so let down by America, I feel cut off like nobody gives a crap. I'm angry as hell as afraid, I wanted to move out before I turned 36 to live a bit on my own in case I do have the astrocytoma, because its not operable... I may have only a few years to live before I need chemotherapy and radiation. I'm posting this to let everybody know what Barak Obama failed to do, and why he's lost my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I wrote to Obama's White House twice in the past two months, both times requesting a reply, and never once got one.

My situation is, I have Asperger's syndrome, Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, dysthymia, and other mental health problems. I also have a brain tumor (most likely astrocytoma). I'm trying to apply for SSI but the Social Security Administration messed up my case and now I need to see an administrative judge. I appealed first to Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, and only Bill Nelson answered and told me nothing could be done after looking into my case. So I wrote to Obama since his picture is on the wall of the Social Security office. Well, I did that twice and no answer, and I swore if I didn't get a response in two weeks finally, I would change my political party from Democrat to something else. So now it's been two weeks, and it's time for me to change. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Barak Obama and can't see myself voting for him, and I may not vote for another Democrat in my whole life (however short or long that may be). I've never felt so let down by America, I feel cut off like nobody gives a crap. I'm angry as hell as afraid, I wanted to move out before I turned 36 to live a bit on my own in case I do have the astrocytoma, because its not operable... I may have only a few years to live before I need chemotherapy and radiation. I'm posting this to let everybody know what Barak Obama failed to do, and why he's lost my vote.

Umm, he's been kind of busy...ya know with that business of running the country, foreign relations, the economy and all

Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
I am sorry to hear you have so many things hitting you, at once! Hang in there and fight for your SSI. Don't stop hounding them since they owe you this.

I have a precious nephew very near to your age, and he now has four tumors in the left, front part of his brain (inoperable, also) which started out as one. He learned about them three-and-a-half years ago, and the size of the first tumor told them that he'd had it about two years, before that.

His medical records given to the SS Administration assured that he was not denied, but you did say that your paperwork was mishandled? not that you have been denied. He has had his SS check and one for his sons now for a few years.

It is beyond disgusting that a paperwork snafu is causing you to have to wait. Hound the SS, be polite no matter how frustrating this is, diplomatic and keep contacting them. This is absolutely owed to you in your condition.

As for BO...wish I could find the quote, quickly that is of a prominent Democrat from Hollywood, a movie maker? dangit, something like that and he is on-record as saying he was shocked that BO does not care about any individual. He said that BO cares about his own agenda, sounded like in a very cold manner. I was very surprised to hear a Dem of any importance talk like that and it was this year that I found it.

However, yeah, even were he a really caring and fine dude, his mail probably gets lost in huge piles, so to speak.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
That's a tough row to hoe, very sorry to hear. Have you tried contacting your US House rep? That would be my first stop rather than US Senators and/or President. Cspan has an app where you can enter your zip code and find out who your US House member is, if you don't already know
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

You should be able to call a local office instead of writing and waiting for a response.

I can't tell you how sick it makes me that I have known a lot of fraudsters, druggies and drunks who collect SS disability, when there are people like you who truly need it and yet can't get it. A friend of mine who had serious leg surgery went thru the same BS. Best of luck with finding the help you need.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
This is the exact type of person that the President's revamp of the healthcare system is going to help. Yet the Republicans and Tea Party folks are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that people like the OP do not get the medical attention that they deserve. If they aren't lucky/wealthy enough to have health insurance its their own fault, right?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876
No you wont get any response... HE DOESNT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYONE!! (He only cares about his own agenda)

Im sorry about your Aspergers

Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
This person does not need Obamacare! If the wrong idiot gets on the wrong committee, this person is just the type of person that will be denied some of the care he needs.

His SS paperwork was messed-up. He doesn't need this money just for medical, but for every type of bill that life is throwing at him.

We already have Medicaid as well as Medicare. Obamacare is not going to improve upon this. It's already hurting folks that get either of these.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Umm, he's been kind of busy...ya know with that business of running the country, foreign relations, the economy and all
Golfing and taking vacations you mean!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
This person does not need Obamacare! If the wrong idiot gets on the wrong committee, this person is just the type of person that will be denied some of the care he needs.

His SS paperwork was messed-up. He doesn't need this money just for medical, but for every type of bill that life is throwing at him.

We already have Medicaid as well as Medicare. Obamacare is not going to improve upon this. It's already hurting folks that get either of these.
Yep thats right!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And golfing. Don't forget golfing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies