Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times

Advertisements

Asinine. Troll. Thread.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Honestly, I think race or racial differences are way over rated. With the intermarriage/interbreeding between races, a distinction between them will be even harder to make, and even less relevant.

History may say different, but I hope we have progressed. Does race determine culture/civilication? Look at the culture/civilization of Africa as representative of blacks, Asian countries as representive of Asians, Arab as Arab, Northern European and American for whites and make your own prediction.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
screw polls...

heck even I could walk into any delapidated hood around here, and pat myself on the back for thinking I know more than someone living in a half boarded up house who hasn't had the time to go to school and or study, and who has been to distracted with surving on the streets to memorize mathmatical equations and or to be concerned with governmental law...

That would not be a fair measurement at all...

But that's what people do in polls....they'll compare hardknox poor struggling minorities with Bill Gates kids, and contrast their results on a test...

Why not compare Bill Cosbies kids, with Bill Gates kids...

The readings would be more accurate...

Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
I think we should retain the Anglo/Western European culture that has served us well since the British, Dutch, Swedish, etc settled here in the 1600s.

The United States is an Anglo nation with it's roots based on English common law, the English language, the British style representative government (ie: the House of Representatives), etc. We are not a Mexican nation, an African nation, or a Central American nation. We are an Anglo nation.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:50 AM

932 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Worse, by far. Show me a minority-majority city that is well-run, minimal corruption by elected leaders, full of entrepreneurs and educated citizens, and has low crime rates.

There's not one. Face it, for better or worse, white America is what propelled this country to what it is today. When the tables reverse, it will be a far different country. Mark my words.
What is "white America"? People of German, English, Italian or French origin? What about people of mixed race, Italian-Americans who are olive skinned? Where do the Chinese fit into this equation of yours? What about white Hispanic people, many of whom are as white as you most likely are?

It's just skin color. Skin color should be considered as nothing more than a failed means to judge people; a relic of the past that we should all seek to move away from.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
always gotta laugh when i hear someone say columbus "discovered" America. As if the European whites were the only people that matter. FYI, white people were the LAST peoples to discover America, all the other races found it long before the white Europeans got around to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Was it better or worse after Christopher Columbus discovered America?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I think we should retain the Anglo/Western European culture that has served us well since the British, Dutch, Swedish, etc settled here in the 1600s.

The United States is an Anglo nation with it's roots based on English common law, the English language, the British style representative government (ie: the House of Representatives), etc. We are not a Mexican nation, an African nation, or a Central American nation. We are an Anglo nation.
We broke away from the old world culture when we declared independence. Since then, the cultures of those countries has also changed drastically because of immigration. It's a changing world.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Default Will America be better or worse when whites are a minority?

The Stormfronters will be louder, but not much else will change.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
What is "white America"? People of German, English, Italian or French origin? What about people of mixed race, Italian-Americans who are olive skinned? Where do the Chinese fit into this equation of yours? What about white Hispanic people, many of whom are as white as you most likely are?

It's just skin color. Skin color should be considered as nothing more than a failed means to judge people; a relic of the past that we should all seek to move away from.
Oh let them rant, those that equate skin color with character, morals or ability is not worth a second of your time or anyone else’s, they are best ignored since they have nothing intelligent to say.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh let them rant, those that equate skin color with character, morals or ability is not worth a second of your time or anyone else’s, they are best ignored since they have nothing intelligent to say.
Just to point how how illogical and ridiculous their arguments are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies