Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,077,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post
Hispanics and Afro-Americans will need a Communist "Man of the People" to bridge all those "achievement gaps" and make things easier...
That's presumptuous, coming from someone that has likely accomplished very little themselves (yea...i'm talking about you).

I love how you right wing types love to say that you don't care about race. And of course, you're always wondering why minorities shun your party like the plague.

Take a look in the mirror, pal. You have your answer.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,519,167 times
It will not make a difference one way or another.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,553,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good. Then you can go ahead and leave in anticipation.

We'll miss you.
Why would I leave? I live in Detroit where African Americans are majority. I see it already. I do not need to anticipate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
OOOOHHH MY GODDDD. WHERE'S MY GUN?? ARE THEY GOING TO ATTACK CHRISTMAS?
I am not a Christian so what is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Mighty Liberal of you. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that things will be any worse (or better) than with the present white majority. In most large cities whites are 50% or less (NYC... 26%) of the population. Please tell us how NYC is worse (for whites) for having a large Hispanic and Black population. Whites will always hold the power and create enclaves of wealth and safety and relegate blacks and hispanics to the fringes even if they are a numeric majority. There is more to dominance than simply numbers. You had to know that.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You mean like the Native Americans?

[what exactly do you think is going to happen?]

Things will get worse as these are the groups that leech off welfare and are prone to having many children out of wedlock.

How do Whites hold power and regulate African Americans and Hispanic?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:49 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,077,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I don't know...maybe we can bring back the Right Wing Dream: SLAVERY!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,412,423 times
Quote:
Why would I leave? I live in Detroit where African Americans are majority. I see it already. I do not need to anticipate.

I am not a Christian so what is your point?
Say, aren't YOU one of thems furriners?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:51 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:

Things will get worse as these are the groups that leech off welfare and are prone to having many children out of wedlock.

I didn't realize blacks and Hispanics were the first and only ones to rely on welfare and have children out of wedlock. That's news to me...

Regarding your second question - the days of regulating minorities are long over.

[checks calendar and is right...it is December 2011]

Old 12-09-2011, 12:52 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,519,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How old will Mandela be in 2040? Could he (or Chavez) participate in an American election anyway?
Mandela is in his 90s right now. There is no way he could possibly live until 2040.

Chavez is dying of cancer. He is not going to live until 2040.

Besides, they are very different men. Mandela, while he had communists in his coalition, was not a communist but a social democrat. His government left South Africa's business sector intact - his finance minister Thabo Mbeki was very close to South Africa's corporate titans. South Africa was no more or less free market when he left power than when he was elected president. He had impeccable democratic credentials and did not take revenge on any group. South Africa has gone downhill under his successors especially Zuma but that is another issue.

Chavez is a power hungry, authoritarian despotic caudillo type who is a dictator for all practical purposes and a major human rights violator.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:54 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,166,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
OOOOHHH MY GODDDD. WHERE'S MY GUN?? ARE THEY GOING TO ATTACK CHRISTMAS?
Stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Throwing out conservative stereotypes, when this person is clearly liberal.

Deal with a difference of opinions. It's not difficult, and you don't have to act like a two-year-old brat about it.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:55 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,553,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

I didn't realize blacks and Hispanics were the first and only ones to rely on welfare and have children out of wedlock. That's news to me...

Regarding your second question - the days of regulating minorities are over.
They aren't the first. No doubt. But their rates are much higher. Not to mention how violent they can be.

Ever look up the most dangerous cities in the USA? Sadly, most of them have a dominant African American population. Facts cannot be denied. Now imagine if this group became the majority.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:58 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:
They aren't the first. No doubt. But their rates are much higher. Not to mention how violent they can be.

Ever look up the most dangerous cities in the USA? Sadly, most of them have a dominant African American population. Facts cannot be denied. Now imagine if this group became the majority.
So in 2050, per the OP, you expect the numbers to be exactly the same?

[we've come a long way, baby...]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies