Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless *****" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless *****."

That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants<p> :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Richard Roeper (http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/529419,CST-NWS-roep27.article - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Sounds like Cheney...with his "other priorities" during Nam. Real tough talkers though.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Why does anybody care what this dope says? Why does anybody care what that idiot Sean Penn says? I don't get it. The actors/pop stars usually high school drop outs, couldn't even make it through that milestone...yet they are now experts on foreign policy. Laughable. My favorite is Charley Sheen. Proud drop out of Santa Monica C.C. Think he flunked out of Palisades H.S. if my memory serves me. But he is an expert at structural engineering and is convinced that the World Trade Center was a planned demolition! What a fruitcake. His handlers must reel whenever he opens his mouth.

Then there is Rosie O'Donnell. A genius that should put her great brain power into training herself to not reach for another donut, not how to run America.

There are exceptions, Robin Williams comes to mind, I think he actually got a degree from a decent uni...but it was in fine arts, so I really don't think his goofus opinion on the war in Iraq is any more important than the guy who cooks my french fries.

So, get a bee in yer bonnet about some old f*rt, never really poplular rock musician...but why you care about what he says is beyond me.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 AM

328 posts, read 1,033,855 times
Default Ted Nugent...Silly A--............................

Maybe he really feels the way he talks about Hilary, Obama et al......Like another poster says who cares.......He had a few minor hits in the seventies and he used to do concerts that were fairly well attended but so did so many other "Rockers"...He gained noteriety touting his machine gun exploits.....shooting at targets on his land not at any "Enemy" of course.

Funny but when he was young and full of **** and vinegar no pun intended he chose to play psycho to evade fighting in Viet Nam where he would have been able to expel all the machine gun rounds he wanted and then some.....At 19 -20 years old at war you just don't care all that much...Guess Ted cared so he caked himself up in #1 and #2........Just another pretender.
Lots of that going around........................................
Spiritwalker

Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
well as a guitar player and one who champions the 2nd amendment I can't help but like him in that respect.

I feel strongly against the above mentioned politicians.But I agree that vulgar name calling of them in public is not the right approach.

If he did what he did during the draft then I have lost a certain amount of respect for him.

And agreed that celebrities over all are ones to be enjoyed for their entertainment but to dismiss their political spouts.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
A lot of threads point out hypocrisy on both sides of the political aisle. This is just another one of them. I think this helps the left a little bit though. The left has taken a lot of hits on this celebrity support issue, no reason the right shouldn't too.

Basically, it really helps serve to take the celebrity issue off of the table. If both sides are vulnerable, it makes it more likely neither uses it to their advantage for fear of being "called out."

Old 08-29-2007, 09:49 AM

264 posts, read 694,759 times
That's the first time I've ever heard of the military rejecting someone because he was a slob. That tactic probably wouldn't work now. With the army as desperate as it is for warm bodies to soldier in Iraq, I suppose a guy could go into a recruiter's office stinking like an outhouse in July and the army would sign him up and then order him to take a shower.

Last edited by Bellinghamite; 08-29-2007 at 10:09 AM..

Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
That "story" isn't true.

Uncle Ted was enrolled in college back then.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM

37,172 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless *****" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless *****."

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants<p> :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Richard Roeper (http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/529419,CST-NWS-roep27.article - broken link)
Actually, that's the only thing wrong with all of the chickenhawks - their pants.

They are still full of sh*t.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Ted Nugent is marketing to the people who still buy his records and goes to his concerts. He has established a target market/niche market and he is pandering to them. I seriously doubt that he does all the things that he says he does. He's an entertainer - a celebrity and he knows that you make money when you become someone that people what to hear, see and identify with. Taking him seriously is foolish.

I'm sure he did not get many dates when he was waiting to be deferred. LOL Honestly, how could anyone STAND themselves if they were that disgustingly filthy?

By the way your link s dead.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies