Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I will never ever shop at Wal-Mart! All of their stuff is crappy.
So all the brand name merchandise is relabeled? OMG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 05:18 PM

45,363 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Almost all of the food products I buy at Wal Mart are locally made.
Does anyone think they get meat from China?
I get most of my clothing at Cabela's; I don't know where they're made.

A lot of it is China. Same with Woolrich.

I just replaced my goose hunting camo from Cabela's. The last set was made in the US. I have to say the new set made in China is as well made, or even better, than the set it replaced. I'll let you know in 10 years, which is about how long it lasts until it starts to show wear enough that it needs replaced.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
So let's say that Joe Arpaio shut down all WalMarts in Maricopa County, AZ for employing illegals and Jan Brewer ordered the state of Arizona to seize all WalMarts in the name of SB1070.

I bet many of the folks who worship Arpaio here and who consider themselves "conservatives" would defend Brewer and Arpaio, therefore putting "fighting illegals" over property rights, and showing themselves to not be conservatives but communists.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:24 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Typical hypocrite. I'm sure the computer you're typing on can be purchased at WalMart.
Unless they sell Apple computers, it's definitely no go. I don't like cheap stuff. I go by the old saying, "you get what you pay for." If you are living the Wal-mart lifestyle, I can't knock your budget conscious hustle. LOL

Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So all the brand name merchandise is relabeled? OMG!

Name brand items are not for everyone. What kind of world would we live in if it was.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:31 PM

659 posts, read 1,145,787 times
Maybe some of these under employed workers could go work for a better company that paid a decent wage and didn't browbeat them into submission, maybe they go back to school, become a stay at home parent...yes, better things could only happen for them and the smaller companies!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Choices or not having the opportunity. Not everyone can get an education or skills it costs money and not everyone is smart enough. If everyone got more skills and education we would not have enough high skilled/education jobs for everyone but yeah keep blaming people for not getting better jobs I guess whatever you got to do to make yourself feel better about yourself.
That's just BS. This is America and we have compulsory universal education here. No, not everybody is an Einstein but everybody who is not border line retarded can get a high school diploma if they lay off the drugs and do a minimal amount of school work. A high school diploma will get you more than minimum wage by itself. People are just lazy. They want to be given everything and not have to do any work for it. Even immigrants that come here not speaking English manage to get high school diplomas.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Unless they sell Apple computers, it's definitely no go. I don't like cheap stuff. I go by the old saying, "you get what you pay for." If you are living the Wal-mart lifestyle, I can't knock your budget conscious hustle. LOL
Well, they sell APPLE Iphones and Ipads so I guess you just shot yourself in the foot there Sport.

Enjoy your hypocrisy.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Default Lets Go Shoppin Y'all .....Anny Whar In Tha Hail We Wants Ta !!! OTAY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I think i could live without them, However in a pinch, having them open 24 hours and me being a very lite sleeper, that is very helpful to me.

In a pinch the open 24 hours is very benefical.
However different names ,they have so much of the same merchadnise, k-mart, wal-mart, target, kohl's sears, j.c. penny etc. Some of the more expensive department stores, don't let them fool ya, they have some of the same stuff in home decor items that wal-mart and target carry, or kohl's and even yes wal-mart i am one who compares items very carefully. I have seen it for myself.

california-jewel !!! ... Good One !

Indeed ! ... The world would not end if walmart went away !

But the likelyhood of that happening appears very remote !

Some of these bonkers CDF members seriously need to get a freakin life and stop beeeeeachin about every dang thang !!!

Shop where you want to and quit bellyachin y'all !

Has Ah Real Nice Day Y'all !!! Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Well, they sell APPLE Iphones and Ipads so I guess you just shot yourself in the foot there Sport.

Enjoy your hypocrisy.
They also sell apples that you can eat too but it's not the same thing as a mac. Neither is an ipod or ipad. You said the computer I was typing on. Point blank, they don't sell macs! So, you are wrong sporty. Nice try, you can't change the rules in the 9th inning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies