Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Why do you care? What has Wal-Mart done for you? Do you work for them or something? I personally don't give a damn. The only thing I could possibly care about is all the "little people" that would lose their job. I think it is funny how the OP tries to throw into the post that people are "angry."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
That's just BS. This is America and we have compulsory universal education here. No, not everybody is an Einstein but everybody who is not border line retarded can get a high school diploma if they lay off the drugs and do a minimal amount of school work. A high school diploma will get you more than minimum wage by itself. People are just lazy. They want to be given everything and not have to do any work for it. Even immigrants that come here not speaking English manage to get high school diplomas.
What evidence you have that a high school diploma will get you more then min wage? When I got out of high school my first job was for min wage. How is wanting to earn to living by working being lazy or wanting to much? No one was saying they wanted everything just enough to live on don't know where you got that from. Many immigrants can not make it own their own that is why many live like 10 in an apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies