Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Won't see too much coverage of the peaceful Muslim aspect of this story as pointed out here.

"Check out the video here. One of the witness states that the shooter was repeatedly shouting "allahu akbar" at minute 2:42. This video is on the bottom right of the LA Times new story, but they don't mention it in their coverage -- neither does Reuters, CBS news, The Hollywood Reporter, KFAI (http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/BillCarroll.html?article=9494719 - broken link), or any of the other news reports. I expect that this video will be removed or edited."

Hollywood Jihad: Shootout, Gunman Calmly Targeted Drivers and People While Shouting Allahu Akbar! - Atlas Shrugs
What are you talking about? Oh yes, it's anti Christian, pro moolsim conspiracy!

Police shoot gunman as he stalks Hollywood streets - CBS News

Hollywood gunman shot dead by policeman from movie set | Reuters

L.A. Shooting: Hollywood Reporter Editor Shot, Recalls Incident - The Hollywood Reporter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 12:49 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Dude!

Why are the police always wrong when it comes to radical muslims?

Why does the left always stand up for them, even though your lifestyle's are what they despise the most?
Who said anything about the police being wrong here??? I may be a lefty, but I'm also a retired 30 year cop. I fully support the LAPD's actions in this matter! "Good shooting", as we say in the biz.

This guy NEEDED to be stopped, REGARDLESS of his motives or religious beliefs. We are all in agreement on that (I hope!)

I just don't see where the "muslim" bit comes in at this point. There is no indication, except for ONE witness who says he heard "Alluha Akbar!"

If this does somehow turn out to be a case of an attack by a white jihadist (say, the guy was a radical muslim, left a suicide tape or note, whatever), trust me, it will be all over the news accounts.

Meanwhile, let's see what develops before we jump to conclusions.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:53 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
One of the witnesses clearly says the gunman was yelling "allahu akbar". So what, this guy was just lying?

Old 12-10-2011, 01:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Lighten up Francis, the post was sarcasm.

I mean...it had to be.

Nobody would be stupid enough to believe, let alone say, what (s)he did.
I see you've never met that poster. Go read some of their threads...trust me, it's not sarcasm.

I wish it was.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
This man was shot and killed simply because people believed he was a Muslim.
Of course, in America the rest of the time we allow all OTHER non-Muslim people to run around the streets assassinating innocent bystanders (preferably Jewish or Christian of course).
We only kill Muslim shooters on the spot, kind of the American policy don't you know, the others get a party. :-)

Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM

26,575 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So what, this guy was just lying?
possibly. or:

b): he misheard.
c): he was the only one to hear it.
d): all other witnesses to date haven't felt it was worth mentioning.
e): a cover-up by the media.

until further information comes in i personally lean toward b .

Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
This guy was a nut. Thankfully he is now a dead nut. I would prefer that all nuts like this one meet with the same end... regardless of their religious affiliations.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hollywood shooter screaming "allahu akbar" opens up on citizens
Quote:
The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office has identified the man who shot at motorists in Hollywood Friday morning, wounding one, before he was shot and killed by police.

Tyler Brehm, 26, died near the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street minutes after wandering up the street firing a handgun.

A Facebook member by the name of Tyler Brehm is listed as living in Hollywood and being from Carlisle, Penn.
source: Hollywood shootout: Gunman identified as 26-year-old Tyler Brehm - latimes.com

Hollywood gunman's ex-girlfriend: Breakup may have led to shooting - latimes.com

Well, I guess it is possible he was a Muslim.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
So this possible Muslim stopped getting his penis serviced and decided that was a good reason to just start killing people?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:47 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
possibly. or:

b): he misheard.
c): he was the only one to hear it.
d): all other witnesses to date haven't felt it was worth mentioning.
e): a cover-up by the media.

until further information comes in i personally lean toward b .
LOL at the cover-up by the media allegations.

The media DOES NOT CARE about politics. ALL IT CARES ABOUT IS RATINGS AND REVENUE.

IF there was ANY indication at all this guy was a muslim jihadist, that would have been the lead on all the stories. To believe in some kind of "cover-up" by "muslim lovers", you'd have to be... well, you'd have to be a Republican, I guess!

My theory? This was Hollywood, afterall. The gunman did ask one witness if he could spare some ammo. Maybe he shouted "Allahu Akbar" at the one (obviously) Middle Eastern witness just to be ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies