Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 03:38 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I am not lying... and you know it and that is why you absolutely can do nothing but post insults, call names and tear others down because you have nothing else. That is what people like you do.

How do you know that they were not told to stay there? You don't....see that is what happens when you hold onto lsm, cbs in this account.
Wow. You won't even admit when proof is right before your eyes. I mean, WTF? You think the police told them to wait there, ON TOP OF THEIR CAR? You don't believe that, you're just refusing to admit when you've lost an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 03:41 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
If you think they aren't making a difference then why the scuttle over the lobbyists of boehner's in DC? Why is bloomberg now facing possible investigation for his wrong doing? I could go on and on.

If you think for one minute these people are not making difference then perhaps you should step out of your rose-colored world and get a grip on reality. As I have said before, while you may not like the messengers or the presentation of the message...the message is valid and YOU TOO are being screwed but are too ignorant (willfully or not) to see it or admit it. That is on you, not I.
They are indeed making a difference. The people of this country see that they are nothing more than arm of the democrat party and that dear girl is and will be making a big difference come Nov 2012.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:46 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
They are indeed making a difference. The people of this country see that they are nothing more than arm of the democrat party and that dear girl is and will be making a big difference come Nov 2012.

The people are seeing a lot of things thankfully.....and we will see what happens. I was having a conversation today with someone and they expressed the fear of seeing the lowest voter turnout ever. It is a waiting game.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You know all the negative comments about the Occupy Movement from certain people at this forum along with those at Fox News to the Republican party has been heard before.

Well, I'm not a Republican (or a Democrat), I don't watch Fox News (or TV, for that matter), and I don't sympathize with the Occupy Movement. I saw no organization, no leadership, and no clearly defined message and precise actions that were going to achieve their goals. Friends of mine who were originally in favor of the 'movement' and participated in various Occupy-related activities eventually quit. For the same reasons.

It reminds me of when various illegal immigration advocates/sympathizers, who happen to be in high school, decide to walk out of class. Where are you going? What are you going to do? Who's running this operation? No answers. Just wandering. Aimlessly...

All of the examples you provided are organized, had leadership, and had clear goals.

[if you want to accomplish something, you first have to know what you're doing]

Old 12-11-2011, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 18,609 times
Greetings. I agree with you that nothing in this country was ever gained without some form of revolt or protest. One would be hard pressed to think of anything that was simply given to the American worker by some benevolent factory owner. Despite what Ann Coulter believes about the mob being demonic, the mob has served this country well. If she were alive back then would she have the same ambiguity about the Boston Massacre, or the actual Boston Tea Party incident. At the risk of sounding cliche, sometimes you have to break a few eggs if you want an omelette. That being said I think that the Occupy movements message would resonate with a lot more brothers and sisters across this land if they simply had more coherence to their message. The civil rights, women's suffrage, and protests in Egypt had very clear and articulate message. Sadly for the most part this hasn't been the case with this movement. I'm not saying that they dont have anything to say, we all do. However the vast majority of it seems to have disintegrated into a message of anarchy. I totally support the movement, but lets sharpen it up a bit shall we.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hey buddy, look at this "negativity" (well, just news reports about Occupy), ain't just FOXFOXFOXFOX reporting on it.

» *UPDATED* #OccupyWallStreet: The Rap Sheet, So Far - Big Government

A LOT to comment about, don't you think?

Don't blame others for the despicable, disgusting behavior and actions of this runny bowel movement.
To many to comment on so I will just comment on #1 at the top of the list
It says protesters get arrested; well yeah that is what happens in many cases when you protest, I have been at many protest where people get arrested from the White House to the steps of the Supreme Court.

My friend Judith getting arested at the White House
there were 27 arrested that day

On the steps of the Supreme Court, many arrested that day also

you can see more pictures I took of people getting arrested at pic site
PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

Oh less not forget Martin Luther King was arrested many times, even Rosa Parks got arrested for sitting where she was not suppose to.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
Protest and non-cooperation with evil and oppression is the ONLY way anything changes.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Why was the Tea Party protests so vilified in the media and here while Occupy gets full-mouth kisses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies