Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,326,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who is more talented, Micheal Jordan or Michael DeBakey?

The market has put its money on MJ.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,709,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Someone answer this for me.. Is it possible for everyone in the US to be equally as talented and successful?
No you can't because a capitalistic society can't exist or run without a lower class.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:48 PM

3,007 posts, read 2,254,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let me get this straight. Are you saying you made nearly minimum wage working for yourself doing landscaping? Is this your claim?
No I worked for someone else do you know how hard it is to open a successful landscaping company those are a dime a dozen especially in Florida where I worked.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 PM

3,007 posts, read 2,254,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll bet when you were little you thought "when I grow up I want to work at Walmart". That should give me a good life.
You completely avoided what I wrote. Many people people on welfare work so they are not all lazy which has nothing to do what you wrote. What is wrong with working at Walmart at least they are working and not living off the government.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:57 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,591,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You completely avoided what I wrote. Many people people on welfare work so they are not all lazy which has nothing to do what you wrote. What is wrong with working at Walmart at least they are working and not living off the government.
I'll give them that yes they do work but common sense says you are not going to live the good life working there. They stay there and expect "others" to give them what "they need" instead of "doing" what they need to improve their own marketable skills.

Imagine starting out at Walmart, working there 20+ years. Don't you want better?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Got to love petch you know complain about welfare for the poor like foodstamps when alot of the recipients of foodstamps are employees of walmart, the largest corporation and biggest corporate welfare queen. But hey the retires get there pentions.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:02 AM

31,866 posts, read 14,852,343 times
Quote:
I'll give them that yes they do work but common sense says you are not going to live the good life working there. They stay there and expect "others" to give them what "they need" instead of "doing" what they need to improve their own marketable skills.

Imagine starting out at Walmart, working there 20+ years. Don't you want better?
This is not the world today. Of course people want better but they can't get it. There are hundreds of people applying for the same job every single day. It's not that they don't have marketing skills, it's that there are not enough jobs

Old 08-30-2014, 12:06 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,591,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is not the world today. Of course people want better but they can't get it. There are hundreds of people applying for the same job every single day. It's not that they don't have marketing skills, it's that there are not enough jobs
That's what happens when there is an anti-business administration. Yet wasn't Obama bragging about the the economy and employment? He thinks he is doing a good job.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:

Do you want to know something interesting i have just discovered? Got to thank petch, i notice a big difference in thinking, people like petch really believe the end result is more important then the means of getting there, where liberal thinkers the way we get there is more important then the end result. Big difference.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
That's what happens when there is an anti-business administration. Yet wasn't Obama bragging about the the economy and employment? He thinks he is doing a good job.
No you brainwashed fool lol, its because we let big business dictate the market and know they have all of us hostage. Give us corporate welfare, tons of tax breaks and incentives of i will leave the country despite the fact that the reagon administration creatted the trikle down economic model in there favor. The problem is they haven't trickled down. And you acknowledged that by saying walmart employees they should build more skills etc to be paid more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies