Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 04:28 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times

Advertisements

It has become another fraud filled and failed government program. There will be little if any movement to downsize or fix it so we are stuck with it.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:47 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
The problem with SNAP is that most folks have forgotten the "Supplemental" part of the equation.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:52 AM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
No you brainwashed fool lol, its because we let big business dictate the market and know they have all of us hostage. Give us corporate welfare, tons of tax breaks and incentives of i will leave the country despite the fact that the reagon administration creatted the trikle down economic model in there favor. The problem is they haven't trickled down. And you acknowledged that by saying walmart employees they should build more skills etc to be paid more.
Actually, it has trickled down more than you realize: retirement funding. Corporations have a responsibility to earn profits for their shareholders, a significant number of which are public and private union members, public and private union pensioners, and those with individual retirement accounts (IRAs, 401Ks, etc.). You'd have to get tens of millions of the working class and retired to give up their retirement funding if you want corporations to reduce their profits. Good luck with that. Few to none of those tens of millions of people would agree to give up their retirement funding.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:55 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll give them that yes they do work but common sense says you are not going to live the good life working there. They stay there and expect "others" to give them what "they need" instead of "doing" what they need to improve their own marketable skills.

Imagine starting out at Walmart, working there 20+ years. Don't you want better?
So if all Walmart workers get skills who is going to work for Walmart they would have to shut down stores we need people to get education and skills but we also need people to work this low wage jobs. Telling people to get more skills is not the answer.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So if all Walmart workers get skills who is going to work for Walmart they would have to shut down stores we need people to get education and skills but we also need people to work this low wage jobs. Telling people to get more skills is not the answer.
That's you're argument? Really? Who will man the registers and stock the shelves. Wow! Man, I'm debating with stupidity.

If you want better pay you need skills that demand those wages.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:20 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
That's you're argument? Really? Who will man the registers and stock the shelves. Wow! Man, I'm debating with stupidity.

Some of us have the skills. The employers don't see it that way. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself but I have the capability yet employers have been ignoring me. Plus they almost always put in the job description need ___ experience and too often it is at least a year. What you do in your personal life or sometimes even at school don't count for crap apparently. You have to have relevant work experience.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:42 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, it has trickled down more than you realize: retirement funding. Corporations have a responsibility to earn profits for their shareholders, a significant number of which are public and private union members, public and private union pensioners, and those with individual retirement accounts (IRAs, 401Ks, etc.). You'd have to get tens of millions of the working class and retired to give up their retirement funding if you want corporations to reduce their profits. Good luck with that. Few to none of those tens of millions of people would agree to give up their retirement funding.

??? Tens of millions of the working class have NO retirement funding already.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:

That's sexist.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:43 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:

Come on petch cut the bs ok. If your worth 100+ billion, be responsible accept 10+ billion less and pay your employees a dollar more.

I just can't believe the fight over just paying a dollar or two more? Obviously corporate america doesn't mind paying itself more in the millions and making others pay for it in higher prices and lower pay or tax money. Dont believe me?

Then why was there a time in our society, that if companies/corps made a million in profits it was a success and something to celebrate. Then they needed to make a billion, then multi billion, now trillions and now need to cut america employees to goto china etc. Obviously corporate america feels they deserve more money or pay raises? Why? What qualifies this attitude or behavior?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:46 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I agree corporate america has been more at the mercy of stockbrokers etc in the last ten years then anytime in history. Maybe because we loosened the finance regulations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies