Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times

Advertisements

Median Household Income is still 7.5% below 2008 when adjusted for CPI. And yet the lemmings continue to reelect the President and Congress. We need a one term and you are out law.

Life in the “Income Depression” | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 08:06 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
Is this a joke?

The article states the CPI is a totally gamed number, which he knows because he feels it. The real number is completely unknown to him. Then says the Fed created all of this in a conspiracy that he cannot prove out point out any reason for existing. Then anyone who disagrees "worships" the fed...instead of realizing making crazy unfounded claims without evidence is a sign of mental illness.

It is a pretty good parody of a conspiracy nut though. I give props to the Poe.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Compare the graph to the 1930's and it is stunning that the graphs are the same, except one. The federal reserve graph.
Using inflation to tax the people for it, instead of the banks taking the hit.

Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. –Andrew Jackson

It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish and greedy purposes.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:12 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Is this a joke?

The article states the CPI is a totally gamed number, which he knows because he feels it. The real number is completely unknown to him. Then says the Fed created all of this in a conspiracy that he cannot prove out point out any reason for existing. Then anyone who disagrees "worships" the fed...instead of realizing making crazy unfounded claims without evidence is a sign of mental illness.

So you are denying that there are unnatural forces at play which help to direct most investing into the stock market? Are you simply ignorant to the fact that The Fed has been creating an unprecedented amount of made up wealth since 2009-of which 95% has gone to 1% of the population while 90% of Americans have gotten poorer?

You seem to be the most outspoken cheerleader of the stock market and Federal Reserve on these boards so it would be interesting to hear what you have to say about economists at different Fed branches themselves-including Dallas and Philadelphia-that are now speaking out against "quantitive easing" and the destruction it will cause in the near future.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Is this a joke?

So, cut the fluff. Are you disputing the graph?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:25 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Me and many of my friends are STILL in a world of "money" hurt in 2014. Things ARE bad here in Bullhead City with maybe 1 storefront in 5 empty.

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Is this a joke?

When you exclude things that largely affect people on a daily basis like energy and food its a bogus barometer.

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So you are denying that there are unnatural forces at play which help to direct most investing into the stock market?
Now the forces are outside of nature? Like demons or wizards or something?

Quote:
Are you simply ignorant to the fact that The Fed has been creating an unprecedented amount of made up wealth since 2009-of which 95% has gone to 1% of the population while 90% of Americans have gotten poorer?
The public policy causing it has been discussed over and over. It's not some vast supernatural conspiracy. It's letting people who have the resources influence things in out of proportion ways.

Quote:
You seem to be the most outspoken cheerleader of the stock market and Federal Reserve on these boards so it would be interesting to hear what you have to say about economists at different Fed branches themselves-including Dallas and Philadelphia-that are now speaking out against "quantitive easing" and the destruction it will cause in the near future.
No, just outspoken against stupid conspiracy theories with no grounding. The ones about the Fed are laughable at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, cut the fluff. Are you disputing the graph?
Your question is bizarrely wrong and shows you didn't read a word I said. I am disputing the authors idea of the conspiracy that caused it. As well as questioning the author disputing the graph that he feels is much worse...but cannot provide anything to back that claim up.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
The leeches and government workers are flush. They could care less about everyone else.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:32 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Now the forces are outside of nature? Like demons or wizards or something?
If you don't know the definition of a word you can search it on google, and retrieve the definition and even synonyms.

Since you are obviously unaware of this I will do it for you:

Unnatural

contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
"death by unnatural causes"
synonyms:abnormal, unusual, uncommon, extraordinary, strange, odd, peculiar, unorthodox, exceptional, irregular, atypical, untypical; More

Quantitive easing is about as unnatural, abnormal, unusual, extraordinary, strange and unorthodox as it gets-sorry you don't seem to understand these things-not many Americans do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies