Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,774,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
CL_ELESS

I'd like to by a vowel please.
You'll find your vowel in the "Dukakis" aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,931,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
And you'll all be scratching your heads after Obama wins reelection. Just because I am unhappy with Obama is no reason to vote for Newt, Cain, Perry, Bachmann, Trump .. and who else has at one time lead the polls?
Cobb what does a poll like that tell you? It tells me folks are done with Obama. Yes I will be scratching my head if the orator wins wondering why folks would vote for four more years of this nonsense. That is what the poll tells me. They don't want four more years. Old Newt will shred Obammer in a debate. The attack wing of the left should have backed Cain and went after Newt. They thought he was done early and moved on. Not a smart move on their part.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,123,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
When will the libs ever stop this tired rhetoric?
Well, GW kind of set the tone for eight years in which the direction was increasingly downward. Obama hasn't changed that course and in fact has kept in place many of GW's policies. Even the Bush tax cuts remain intact. The right argues that Obama hasn't done anything in three years. If that's true, all political vectors under Bush remain pointing in the same direction. So the blame naturally has to go to GW. OR, the right has to admit that GW was an utter failure responsible for something. Which is more likely: that the right will admit GW was a failure or blame Obama as if the world didn't exist prior to January 2009? Unfortunately, we Americans are like warriors. We always stick to a side rather than working together. And we stay on that side even when every flashing red light gets tripped.

Yes, 75% should agree that the country is going in the wrong direction. It should be higher but some people don't look past their backyard for the answer. Now, in order to change that direction, we have to do what we NEVER do. We have to work with what we've got. We have to participate. Blame is so prevalent we need to acknowledge that every one of us is tainted with it.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM

Blaming Bush won the last election for Obama. He has to run on his term now and it's not a pretty one. Blaming others seems to be the only answer he has and flaming the class warfare fire. How bout run on your achievements not others failures in your eyes? I guess the problem with that is the only thing he's done is ram healthcare down our throats and is pretending like that never happened because most don't like it. People like to make their own choice not have it made for em. Most anyway.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I'm guessing never.
Oh the irony. So sad it's lost on conservatives.

The Dumbing Down rolls on....

Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM

912 posts, read 1,328,332 times
Only 75 percent think it is in the wrong direction ?Given the state of the continued economy and debt crisis I would have thought it would be much higher.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Only 75 percent think it is in the wrong direction ?Given the state of the continued economy and debt crisis I would have thought it would be much higher.
Well it was a CBS poll.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,391,663 times
That's a big DUH? of a poll, means almost nothing. Might as well do a poll asking 'would you like to have more money' without asking where it would come from.

I'd love to hear what the 75% would propose as a solution, I suspect most of them wouldn't have a clue, and the combined "ideas" would be an unworkable polarized mess - like our electorate. We get what we deserve...

Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Apparently they weren't asked that question. The obvious answer of course is to put a new person in the big chair who can do better. What is your solution. Keep the same guy in there who you think is taking us in the wrong direction? Only a swooner would do that.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,391,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Apparently they weren't asked that question. The obvious answer of course is to put a new person in the big chair who can do better. What is your solution. Keep the same guy in there who you think is taking us in the wrong direction? Only a swooner would do that.
A president can't dictate to Congress, he/she is not king. I'm a conservative, but i also realize much of what the Repub candidates are talking about won't be realized, and they know it too! All their tax reform proposals for example. And neither party has the guts to really lay out real options, because they couldn't ge elected if they did. Again, we get what we deserve...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies