Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I'll take them both (Bin Laden and the Drone).

We're screwed on the lost drone, but that happens. I think it will be good for the economy. We obviously built it, so we can fight it is other try to reverse engineer the drone. But,more importantly, we need to get to work on building new technology. It will be good for the economy. And guess, what it will be federally funded, and it WILL CREATE JOBS.

Can't have that both ways either. If defense contracts are real jobs, other forms of federal spending are too.
Parable of the broken window - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
This could give the Iranians the ability to deliver a nuke to Israel by stealth.
Is this a joke?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Wow, Obama personally killed Bin-Laden.

You can't have it both ways.
Both ways? I thought the President's role was pretty clear. Did some right wing news media talk about the President being a part of it at the site, in person?

Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Well, obama asked for the drone that he GAVE Iran back.

Obama: We've Asked Iran For Drone Back | MRCTV

Yesssss...how did they respond?

Iran: U.S. cannot have its drone back - CBS News

Quote:
(AP) TEHRAN, Iran - Iran will not return a U.S. surveillance drone captured by its armed forces, a senior commander of the country's elite Revolutionary Guard said Sunday.
If this were Bush, the media would be up his derriere instead of giving him a pass for handing the drone to the Iranians, Chinese and Russians.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, you never heard me claim Obama was responsible for Bin Laden, it was he and his supporters who claimed this. Hence he is also responsible for intelligence failures.

Too funny, Obama cannot stand on his own merits with the left. They always have to compare him to Bush. I wonder why that is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYmK19-d0U
I'm watching this video and he totally did not claim all credit for this.

/would hate to be the Sergeant that lost that drone.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

If this were Bush, the media would be up his derriere instead of giving him a pass for handing the drone to the Iranians, Chinese and Russians.
If this were Bush, he'd have no better luck at getting the drone back than Obama.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Would that be before or after he actually commmitted a crime against the American people?
What do you think?

World Trade Center happened in what year? Or do you even remember that one.

Clinton had him in his hands actually more then 3 times, all after OBL was trying to attack us and was behind many attacks around the world on American citizens.

Now a good question for you.

Obama ordered the murder of OBL right? But he has stalled the trials of the 9-11 members. Why? Using Obamas logic shouldnt we just murder them too?

How come Obama decided not to capture OBL without a trial and yet the others get a trial?

So is Obama the judge and the jury to just order the killing of people and then protect others like KSM?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,509,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

See Bush's handling of the EP-3 Incident:
Hainan Island incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only did he ask for the plane returned (which the Chinese did, albeit in pieces), he apologized to the Chinese pilot's wife and paid the Chinese for their "hospitality" for our captured service-members.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:36 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,985,996 times

Old 12-12-2011, 09:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Funny, I never saw the right holding Bush responsible for 9/11 while praising hgim for a needless invasion/occupation, I guess only the self-Righteous are allowed to have it both ways, eh?

That's because Clinton allowed a 25% attrition rate at the CIA while the 9/11 hijackers were taking flying lessons. If the first attack on the WTC didn't serve as a wake-up call for Bubba, nothing would and nothing did.

I credit Clinton for being too busy chasing chubby interns to deal with national security.

I credit Bush for effectively putting al Qaeda on defense and keeping us safe for seven years.

Needless?

Not according to prominent Democrats...

Democrats before Iraq War started.... - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies