Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you serious?

Do you not know Obama's third year November approval numbers were the lowest of any modern president with the sole exception of Carter?

Incumbent presidents almost always have large leads over the opposing party's primary hopefuls at this point.

EDIT: Carter spiked in December. BO is now alone at the bottom.
Not so sure about that...
RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and count Obama down for the count. Old people love them some FDR no matter how ridiculous it sounds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Apples to oranges. We are not at war with Mexico but Eric Holder has blood on his hands for the death of American and Mexican citizens. There is not enough money in the world to compensate the family of the Border Patrol man killed as a result of Fast and Furious.
"Has blood on his hands"..Calm down with the foxnews rhetoric, lol. Every law enforcement officer knows the risk and there's nothing to say he wouldn't have been killed with or without FAF. It's the freaking Border.

Oh yeah, we weren't at war until we invaded Iraq under false pretenses.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:03 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Has blood on his hands"..Calm down with the foxnews rhetoric, lol. Every law enforcement officer knows the risk and there's nothing to say he wouldn't have been killed with or without FAF. It's the freaking Border.

Quote:
2012 Republican Presidential NominationFOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/12/08/fox-news-poll-gop-presidential-race/ - broken link)
Gingrich 36, Romney 23, Cain , Paul 12, Perry 8, Bachmann 5, Santorum 4, Huntsman 2
Gingrich +13

General Election: Romney vs. ObamaFOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/12/08/fox-news-poll-gop-presidential-race/ - broken link)Obama 44, Romney 42
Obama +2

General Election: Gingrich vs. ObamaFOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/12/08/fox-news-poll-gop-presidential-race/ - broken link)Obama 46, Gingrich 40
Obama +6
RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
[LEFT] South Carolina:
Obama 45Romney 42
Obama 46Gingrich 42
Florida:
Obama 48Romney 41
Obama 51Gingrich 39

Wow is all I can say. Obama having a lead in Florida is not out of the ordinary but Obama EVER leading under any circumstances in South Carolina is crazy..I think this shows just how horrible the two GOP frontrunners are.

The Page by Mark Halperin | Bam Tops GOPers in Florida/South Carolina

[/LEFT]

As reliable as the source is, I'm doing the wait and see approach with this. Florida I can see--it's a swing state--but South Carolina??? I highly doubt South Carolina will be going for Obama this year. For SC to vote for a someone like Obama seems simply impossible--or else I'm REALLY wrong about that state.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
As reliable as the source is, I'm doing the wait and see approach with this. Florida I can see--it's a swing state--but South Carolina??? I highly doubt South Carolina will be going for Obama this year. For SC to vote for a someone like Obama seems simply impossible--or else I'm REALLY wrong about that state.
Perhaps SC voters figure it's best to go with the Muslim who at least pretends to be a Christian rather than a cultist who is brazenly upfront about it.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
In December 1979 a head to head poll had Carter beating Reagan by 24 points.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:

I don't watch Fox News.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It's changing demographically in a similar fashion to North Carolina. You never know. If Obama does win SC, that'd be GOP armmegedon.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
As a Democrat, I love seeing Newt running away with the GOP nomination. We will probably keep the Senate and maybe flip the House. Thanks, Newt!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In December 1979 a head to head poll had Carter beating Reagan by 24 points.
But you guys are forgetting something. Nobody in the current GOP field can even hold a candle to Reagan. He was charismatic, principled, articulate, and he came across as a likeable old man. Who can call Gingrich likeable? And who can call Romney principled? No one! That's why the GOP actually faces a tough battle this year when they shouldn't. This is their election to lose and they're going to lose it if they don't stop drinking that damn tea and start reigning in the fanatics on the far right...which will never happen.

I still think it'll be close, but Obama might just win. He may not be popular, but the GOP is less popular and that's what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies