Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 01:32 PM

71 posts, read 224,772 times

Advertisements

Granted OWS was 99% retards and 1% knew what they were talking about, I still had to agree with part of their msg against the banks. Sadly not all the unions got in on it especially the PBA since the cops would be affected by banks also. I'm a finance guy, and even I had to agree with some of the things they were fighting for. Heres an article I read recently, which would affect all of us, from our 401k's, pensions and other various funds in which we put aside for ourselves and our children. No wonder Corzine can't explain where the 1.2 Billion went.

MF Global and the great Wall St re-hypothecation scandal

This article was hidden away. Basically, BIG banks can and will use our savings as collateral against their bets, and our politicians are in on it, from Democraps to Retardicans. As we can see from the recent EU meeting and how UK bascially fought and alienated itself from the rest of Europe, it is because they have one of the most LAX banking systems, and Germany (strongest economy in europe) wants banks to be held more accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABklynDude View Post
Granted OWS was 99% retards and 1% knew what they were talking about, I still had to agree with part of their msg against the banks. Sadly not all the unions got in on it especially the PBA since the cops would be affected by banks also. I'm a finance guy, and even I had to agree with some of the things they were fighting for. Heres an article I read recently, which would affect all of us, from our 401k's, pensions and other various funds in which we put aside for ourselves and our children. No wonder Corzine can't explain where the 1.2 Billion went.

MF Global and the great Wall St re-hypothecation scandal

This article was hidden away. Basically, BIG banks can and will use our savings as collateral against their bets, and our politicians are in on it, from Democraps to Retardicans. As we can see from the recent EU meeting and how UK bascially fought and alienated itself from the rest of Europe, it is because they have one of the most LAX banking systems, and Germany (strongest economy in europe) wants banks to be held more accountable.
Yes, this has not exactly been hidden away though. It came out about a month ago that Merrill Lynch transfered its toxic derivatives into Bank of America so that the FDIC would insure those losses. It will be the depositors that get shafted and Merrill/BAC is not the only investment bank/depositors bank doing this. More and more it would appear that the repeal of Glass Stegal was a calculated manouver by the powers that be to help steal money from the average taxpayer and investor rather than this fall-out bing merely the law of unintended consequences.

There is some speculation MF Global was doing the bidding of the Treasury in propping up the EU by buying their bonds. Certain high net worth investors got the heads up weeks in advance to move their money out of MF Global and the CME. In the end the winner was again Soros, the master currency crasher. Soros is highly connected to the Clinton/Obama machine. Conicidence?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 PM

71 posts, read 224,772 times
Sadly, this affects all of us, but I wish this would get out to more people. I didnt even know about this article until recently, even tho it has been out for a month. Not a lot of people in media talked about this hypothecation, altho it has such drastic consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, this has not exactly been hidden away though. It came out about a month ago that Merrill Lynch transfered its toxic derivatives into Bank of America so that the FDIC would insure those losses. It will be the depositors that get shafted and Merrill/BAC is not the only investment bank/depositors bank doing this. More and more it would appear that the repeal of Glass Stegal was a calculated manouver by the powers that be to help steal money from the average taxpayer and investor rather than this fall-out bing merely the law of unintended consequences.

There is some speculation MF Global was doing the bidding of the Treasury in propping up the EU by buying their bonds. Certain high net worth investors got the heads up weeks in advance to move their money out of MF Global and the CME. In the end the winner was again Soros, the master currency crasher. Soros is highly connected to the Clinton/Obama machine. Conicidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies