Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times

Advertisements

Seriously, some people think the democrats would be stupid enough to go after guns after what happened in 1994. I've owned guns since my Red Ryder when I was 12, I have a bakers dozen as well except mine are shotguns, rifles and two handguns. My dad has had guns since 1950, nobody took his either, same for great grand dad 420 he had them since 1925, again nobody took his. The NRA gets low on funds every so often so they have to perpetrate this nonsense about someones gonna take your guns, it generates a flurry of money to the NRA, just like when republicans come into office and unions do the same thing. Its all nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
The AWB of 1994....who was behind that?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:23 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah Illinois didn't have 706 murders last year, that was just a figment of everyone's imagination. That gun ban did wonders to disallow citizens from killing people.
Yet the strongest Conservative states have the most crime.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Yet the strongest Conservative states have the most crime.
Having made that claim can you post verifiable facts to back it up?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Having made that claim can you post verifiable facts to back it up?
He's probably partially right, but he's deflecting. Time has shown again and again that gun control does not lower crime. This is one of the very few issues I consider pretty much indisputable and pointless to argue about. But no amount of facts will stop the anti-gun crowd.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
He's probably partially right, but he's deflecting. Time has shown again and again that gun control does not lower crime. This is one of the very few issues I consider pretty much indisputable and pointless to argue about. But no amount of facts will stop the anti-gun crowd.
I'm not even willing to assume he's partially right until such time as he presents verifiable statistics to support his claim.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not even willing to assume he's partially right until such time as he presents verifiable statistics to support his claim.
He's right on states (File:US States by Incarceration Rate.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). But he has absolutely no evidence that gun laws anything to do with it at all.

But hey, I like this one better:

Old 12-13-2011, 09:43 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
I guess that directing a post towards an answer counts as deflection now.

Quote:
It is difficult to accept things when you do not want to accept it.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 06:53 AM..

Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:

It is difficult to accept things when you do not want to accept it.

No, it's difficult to accept a claim when it is presented with no data to support it.

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 06:53 AM..

Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I guess that directing a post towards an answer counts as deflection now.
You are deflecting. You haven't drawn anything even remotely resembling a causal link, therefore your little tidbit of information is completely and totally irrelevant. Not to mention the fact that red states aren't the only states with lax gun laws. So your point is even more irrelevant.

Put up or shut up. Post some evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies