Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather all the people who work at Walmart be unemployed?
Yes 17 20.48%
No 66 79.52%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

lol. Chrome . in this region profs and students pay triple to eat at earthfare..they are from asheville NC originally.

Walmart really is a depressive pit. i could not believe the one time my ex complained to store manager abt a clerk (he tried to short change the 100.00 bill,lol, and gave us 5.00 in change for a 20.00 phone card)..the clincher was, the store manager was 350 lbs and looked like she needed an assisted living class for the brain injured, on how to bathe and shampoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What YOU fail to accept is there is no such thing as a livable wage.

Wages are paid based on the value of the work performed. NOT some utopian ideal.

Let me ask you a question. What is YOUR life worth?

Is you life worth $50, $100, $1,000, $10,000 dollars, more?

What do you pay the mechanic that does the brakes on your car?

Do you shop around for the lowest price?

Keep in mind, your life is at stake. If he does a faulty job you may die because your car can't stop.

By your criteria you should pay him whatever you think YOUR life is worth NOT what the market may pays for brake mechanics.
Right and this kind of thinking putting profits before people are going to more people on government assistance or living in slums like in 3rd World Countries.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 PM

imo theres a limit to how low Americans will go to "save a buck"...walmart exemplifies mediocrity and cheap chinese goods and poor labor practices. Its a disgrace.

I wont even buy a bag of pedigree dog food there.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
More of the good 'ole wm lies and disgusting behaviors.....

Research indicates new Walmart store could hurt Tacoma’s economy | Regional Voices - The News Tribune (http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/01/22/1993640/research-indicates-new-walmart.html - broken link)

Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I wont even buy a bag of pedigree dog food there.
Because it's somehow different than the
Pedigree dog food you pay more for elsewhere?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:41 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
I shopped Wallyworld a couple of weeks ago. I went in with a list, got all of that and of course things not listed. I will not pay more for household goods than I have to. I am thankful for the NON-UNION Walmarts.

As for it being their fault that they sell so many things made in China, nope. Blame our govt. for allowing so much crap into our country from that Communist nation. The buck stops there, with them. We're becoming more and more harnassed to "made in China" no matter where we shop.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I shopped Wallyworld a couple of weeks ago. I went in with a list, got all of that and of course things not listed. I will not pay more for household goods than I have to. I am thankful for the NON-UNION Walmarts.

As for it being their fault that they sell so many things made in China, nope. Blame our govt. for allowing so much crap into our country from that Communist nation. The buck stops there, with them. We're becoming more and more harnassed to "made in China" no matter where we shop.

The buck stops with the government? Seriously?
Maybe you should do some homework on china et al....

But no it doesn't stop with the government, it is the responsibility of corporate america to be responsible. They are not, they are to greedy.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 PM

wm caught with their pants down AGAIN...

Walmart Faces Long Battle On Sex Discrimination, Despite Supreme Court Ruling

Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM

SEBASTIAN — Arlene Kahn was breaking apart clumps of commercially produced ground beef when she found two medical pills inside, she said.
She stopped her preparations for beef stroganoff and headed back to a Walmart Super Center in Sebastian, where she purchased the fresh meat at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The two 25 mg blue pills have since been identified as a sleep aid.
She called police, who accompanied her into the store at 6:30 p.m. as she met with two store officials. They told her Walmart doesn’t package its own meat, she said, but that it comes from another company.
The officials refunded the $15 she paid for the meat And she was given a $40 gift card.
Police said they couldn’t do anything further unless someone was poisoned, she said.
Now, Kahn wants other people to know what happened and for Walmart to check the beef it is selling. She filed an online complaint with the nationwide company.

reason enough to never shop at Walmart. beyond disgusting. They have no hygiene or health standards.

Woman finds sleeping pills in ground beef purchased at Wal-Mart in Indian River County | Treasure Coast Talk

Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM

<smh>

Wonder who the "packer" is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
SEBASTIAN — Arlene Kahn was breaking apart clumps of commercially produced ground beef when she found two medical pills inside, she said.
She stopped her preparations for beef stroganoff and headed back to a Walmart Super Center in Sebastian, where she purchased the fresh meat at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The two 25 mg blue pills have since been identified as a sleep aid.
She called police, who accompanied her into the store at 6:30 p.m. as she met with two store officials. They told her Walmart doesn’t package its own meat, she said, but that it comes from another company.
The officials refunded the $15 she paid for the meat And she was given a $40 gift card.
Police said they couldn’t do anything further unless someone was poisoned, she said.
Now, Kahn wants other people to know what happened and for Walmart to check the beef it is selling. She filed an online complaint with the nationwide company.

reason enough to never shop at Walmart. beyond disgusting. They have no hygiene or health standards.

Woman finds sleeping pills in ground beef purchased at Wal-Mart in Indian River County | Treasure Coast Talk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies