Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Why do many liberals dislike libertarians? I never understood that.
Do they? Any evidence to support that assertion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But it's perfectly ok for you all to claim liberals are communists?
When did I say that? If I did, I was joking, but I don't remember ever saying that.

Edit - Oh, "you all," no, it's not okay in a serious debate. But very few literally think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It's even dumber than that. They don't know the difference between classical liberalism and modern liberalism.
That's my point. You can't label yourself as a certain word (because the same word encompasses modern and classical) and then cite the other definition of that word to prove how great you are

Last edited by rw47; 12-13-2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wow. Are you slow? Go read the last two pages. Holy hell.
Indeed I am slow with right wing logic. I tend to err more on the side of facts. That will make me forever unpopular with right wingers. I take pride in that.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
When did I say that? If I did, I was joking, but I don't remember ever saying that.

Edit - Oh, "you all," no, it's not okay in a serious debate. But very few literally think that.
I don't believe you did, shorebaby did, or at least implied it by saying liberals support the USSR, Cuba, and China.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
This thread drifted far away from the issue of the Saudi woman being beheaded for being a witch. BTW, It's not only in the Koran. The Bible OT also says; "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." That is why so many people were burned as witches in Christian countries in centuries past.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Indeed I am slow with right wing logic. I tend to err more on the side of facts. That will make me forever unpopular with right wingers. I take pride in that.
No, not right wing logic, just plain old logic. Print it out and read it before you go to sleep tonight. The last 3 pages should do. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

Quote:
I don't believe you did, shorebaby did, or at least implied it by saying liberals support the USSR, Cuba, and China.
Actually, shorebaby was not trying to say liberals were communists, shorebaby was simply demonstrating the absurdity of the OP's premise. Sounds like you agree.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This thread drifted far away from the issue of the Saudi woman being beheaded for being a witch. BTW, It's not only in the Koran. The Bible OT also says; "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." That is why so many people were burned as witches in Christian countries in centuries past.
You can thank right wingers for that. They want to distract from the fact that the people who carried out this horrible execution are conservatives. It is too embarrassing for them.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
You can thank right wingers for that. They want to distract from the fact that the people who carried out this horrible execution are conservatives. It is too embarrassing for them.
And Fidel Castro is a lefty.

By the way did you figure it out yet?

Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Clearly extremists from both groups have a lot in common.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Clearly extremists from both groups have a lot in common.
Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies