Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 02:12 PM

410 posts, read 742,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Funny , thats what I say when people bring up
helmets laws
seatbelt laws
reefer laws
abortion
cig smoking
gun rights
Funny, I never said I supported those laws. I think as long as you aren't hurting anyone, it isn't anyone else's business how you live your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 02:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
...Or you could just let others live their own lives and you worry about your own.
I would rather see people seek help for thieir disorders, we treat OCD and others don't we, we don't encourage a person to clean their toilet 50 times a day do we?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I think people who choose to remain willfully ignorant have a mental health problem.
Thats what I'm trying to help you with.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I would rather see people seek help for thieir disorders, we treat OCD and others don't we, we don't encourage a person to clean their toilet 50 times a day do we?
Yet, you don't see many people making a fuss about those people, do you?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:28 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Please prove that an individual has a duty to promote the survival of their "race". You cannot derive an "ought" from an "is", just because evolution selects for those genes that lead to survival and thriving, doesn't mean this is the way it "should" be.

And human sexuality is a continuum. Bisexuality doesn't necessarily interfere with reproductive success.
Yet more evidence. You people don't know when to quit!

I've never once suggested that there is an individual "duty" to contribute to the propagation of the species, I simply maintain that the continuation of the human species beyond the current generation might be a good thing. And I think most people who do not possess a death wish for the human race would agree with me.

But hey, I enthusiastically support your right to not contribute.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
This is a stupid argument.

As a society we fully encourage people to indulge in that wide spread mental illness that compels millions to speak to invisible people in the sky and pray to ladies with wings that live on clouds and play harps all day, don't we?

Talk about an infliction that is counter-productive to the progression of human civilization and human potential!

Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
Yet, you don't see many people making a fuss about those people, do you?
because they know there is a problem and they get help for it.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This is a stupid argument.

As a society we fully encourage people to indulge in that wide spread mental illness that compels millions to speak to invisible people in the sky and pray to ladies with wings that live on clouds and play harps all day, don't we?

Talk about an infliction that is counter-productive to the progression of human civilization and human potential!
For someone who compairs their action to those of birds, stupid should not be in your vocabulary.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
How To Explain Gay Rights To An Idiot

It seems that this need to be said, as people seem to think Gay Rights means all sorts of weird things.

It will not lead to bestiality or marrying toasters.
Why bother?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
because they know there is a problem and they get help for it.
Question: Does someone being gay affect you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies