Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 09:23 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why should it? did that change the outcome? When someone beats you up they don't hate you any more than they hate me. special laws are not needed and that is my Opinion.

I strongly feel that marriage nor adoption of children by gays is a healthy situation for society or the children that they draw into their complicated lifestyles. Whether gays will ever admit it, for most their true motivation for wanting to be married and raise children is to be perceived as normal and to force acceptance of what the majority of society considers sexual deviance.

Dragging children into the equation only serves to complicate and in many instances makes life worse for them.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 12-17-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 09:45 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,748,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I strongly feel that marriage nor adoption of children by gays is a healthy situation for society or the children that they draw into their complicated lifestyles. Whether gays will ever admit it, for most their true motivation for wanting to be married and raise children is to be perceived as normal and to force acceptance of what the majority of society considers sexual deviance.

Dragging children into the equation only serves to complicate and in many instances makes life worse for them.
Absolutely wrong. Children raised in gay households are just as well adjusted as in heterosexual households. In fact, studies may indicate gay households are slightly better in many cases.

There are countless broken down heterosexual households that are allowed to raise children, so don't have the audacity to claim you deserve children over gays.

And heterosexuals keep overpopulating the world, while gays are more likely to adopt and raise children that you heterosexuals didn't want!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:30 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I meant the issue being discussed, not the discussion itself. I would have thought that was obvious.
We may be talking about the law but we are expressing our opinions. of course it's obvious I don't make laws nor do I change them but at the same time I don't agree with all the laws as I doubt anybody does.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 AM

[quote=Fiyero;22159700]Absolutely wrong. Children raised in gay households are just as well adjusted as in heterosexual households. In fact, studies may indicate gay households are slightly better in many cases.

Quote:
There are countless broken down heterosexual households that are allowed to raise children, so don't have the audacity to claim you deserve children over gays
That is exactly my point. We have enough dysfunctional "traditional" families. Adding two same sex parents to the equation not only confuses the kids but makes them even more susceptible to emotional issues, ridicule and alienation of their peers.

Like it or not the reality of the situation is that two men nor two women are capable of having sex and procreating under any circumstances. While it may provide a psychological comfort of normalcy to the gay couple at the end of the day, in most cases psychologically and in some cases physically the children grow up tortured by their peers.

Quote:
And heterosexuals keep overpopulating the world, while gays are more likely to adopt and raise children that you heterosexuals didn't want!
What about the children? I'm sure many of them would rather not grow up watching two men or two women playing house. At what point does what is best for the children matter? Two wrongs never justifies or equals a right.

Whether you like it or not, genetically, having two parents of the same sex is neither a normalcy or a genetic possibility. Thus, your comparison of gay parents to heterosexual parents is a moot point.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 12-17-2011 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
but makes them even more susceptible to emotional issues, ridicule and alienation of their peers.
Because of people like you going around preaching about how terrible gays are.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Whose preaching? Please quote where I am preaching "how terrible gays are". While you may not agree with my opinion, like you I am entitled to have one and free to voice it.

"Because of people like you" the premise of free speech became part of the constitution.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Absolutely wrong. Children raised in gay households are just as well adjusted as in heterosexual households. In fact, studies may indicate gay households are slightly better in many cases.

There are countless broken down heterosexual households that are allowed to raise children, so don't have the audacity to claim you deserve children over gays.

With gay couples, we at least know they want the children, and often go through a screening process. With hetero couples, there's no telling how many children are oopsies, or given birth for cockeyed reasons.

I'd guess that many people who'd deny children to gay families howl about mistreatment and abuse of children by "normal" parents who should never have children in the 1st place, but unfortunately possess the correct anatomy for child-bearing.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Whose preaching? Please quote where I am preaching "how terrible gays are". While you may not agree with my opinion, like you I am entitled to have one and free to voice it.

Because of people like you the premise of free speech became part of the constitution.
Your posts have been really anti-gay.

I never said you don't have a right to voice your opinion. I will absolutely defend anyone's right to voice his or her opinion whether I agree with it or not.

I was merely saying that the ridicule and alienation children who have gay parents face would not exist if adults didn't go around hating on gays. I never said you don't have the right to say what you want; I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

And who exactly are you talking about when you say "people like me"?

Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Your posts have been really anti-gay.

I never said you don't have a right to voice your opinion. I will absolutely defend anyone's right to voice his or her opinion whether I agree with it or not.
Please quote an anti-gay post authored by me, otherwise stop hurling false accusations at me. The fact that you continue to accuse me of stating something that I never stated is getting annoying. You then continue to contradict yourself and deny what you state in each post simply because I do not agree with your opinion or the homosexual lifestyle.

Quote:
I was merely saying that the ridicule and alienation children who have gay parents face would not exist if adults didn't go around hating on gays. I never said you don't have the right to say what you want; I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy? I stated that I don't agree with it or them adopting children. Additionally, you have no factual confirmation that those who disagree with the homosexual lifestyle hate gays. While most may not agree with the sexual deviance of homosexuals, it does not mean that everyone hates them. Perhaps you should examine what may be your own self hatred as oppposed to blaming the rest of the world for not sharing your opinion of said lifestyle.

As for this:

Quote:
And who exactly are you talking about when you say "people like me"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok

I am simply throwing your own words back in your face.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,668,036 times
Here I go:

I never thought I would end up saying this but... I have been doing a lot of soul searching and struggling with many thoughts and opinions on the whole gay marriage issue and etc.

I am Catholic. I believe in God and I do believe in the Bible....I also believe in our Constitution. With that being said I believe homosexuals should have the same right to get married as we do. I do not agree from a religious perspective but from a "humanitarian" perspective, I do. I believe in Freedom. I do not believe Freedom should only be given to those whom I share the same views with. That would be nothing but hypocrisy.

I can no longer say I believe in our Constitution but don't believe gays have the right to be free...

I know a lot of you will NOT agree with me but well, what can I say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies