Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually, I lean towards my dyson....much smoother..oh forget it...

I always say it's the Constitution and it applies to EVERY human being that is an American citizen. And if it isn't illegal for any human in America, it shouldn't be for some..
The US hasn't had a valid working constitution for over 100 yrs.

Boys should be able to have children. What's up with Girls only....

Sexist rule imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

And whose fault is that?

The Constitution says we are all equal.... and I agree.

It is a pity it is seeing as something "outdated" and "obsolete" by some.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:57 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Er, what? That's a really, interesting, idea.

Does that have a lot to do with gay marriage?

Quote:
Boys should be able to have children. What's up with Girls only....

Sexist rule imo.
Biology is sexist? Take it up with whatever creator you believe in, I don't think gays had a lot to do with it.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Er, what? That's a really, interesting, idea.

Does that have a lot to do with gay marriage?
I'm trying to explain rights to an idiot. Who cares about gay marriage.

Quote:
Biology is sexist? Take it up with whatever creator you believe in, I don't think gays had a lot to do with it.
Take it up on the Religion forum.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
It's all rational thought. It just depends on where you are coming from. You want the government to promote your right, first by taking away any religious connotation and then calling it discrimination. Next you want to teach kids it is your right and their right, which doesn't make it right, but nevertheless. Why is it so important to pervert marriage?

If God has given you a base mind, and you think you are married, then fine. Nothing I can say will change your mind. But ask yourself, why is it so important in your mind? It doesn't change anything. You aren't going to be accepted by everyone. You're just creating mischief. And you're also turning the tables on the ones who say it is a perversion. Next you will be saying those people should be discriminated against. Those people should be punished for their nonacceptance.

All of this is predicted in the Bible so don't be so sure of yourselves.
When are you people going to realize marriage is not a religious institution in this country? It was Christians that gave the power of marriage to the state when this nation was founded because they didn't want Christianity to have anything to do with marriage! Common Law marriage has been the standard since the 17th Century here. And it continues to this day. The fact that a divorce can't happen in church is proof of marriage being secular.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Oh! why all the fuss then.

Never met or heard of a gay celibate. Maybe that is the cure. Celibacy.
Another study showed that gay men had an average of 6.5 sexual partners in the past 5 years. The study also showed that "homosexual and bisexual men are much more likely than heterosexual men to be celibate".

Diane Binson et. al. (1995). Prevalence and Social Distribution of Men Who Have Sex with Men: United States and Its Urban Centers. The Journal of Sex Research, 32, pp. 245-254.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Cellulite? Now your just being mean.

I don't have cellulite!

You don't like the bible? Its the all time best seller on the planet.

From my experience, gay people want to be gay, why would they pray to not be gay. It's a choice. If they choose it, why would they want to lose it.
Being gay is not a choice. Anyone who actually believes such BS solidly proves that they are a complete idiot and not worth the effort.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:59 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Being gay is not a choice. Anyone who actually believes such BS solidly proves that they are a complete idiot and not worth the effort.
you are forgeting the fact that a gay person can live their lives as a normal straight person. i dont understand how you people are attracted to the same sex lol

Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
you are forgeting the fact that a gay person can live their lives as a normal straight person. i dont understand how you people are attracted to the same sex lol
Yes a gay person can live a lie and pretend to be straight. But.... Imagine if you were forced to pretend you were gay and had to be in a relationship with someone of the same sex to hide the fact that you were straight? You could not openly be in a relationship with another straight person you loved and wanted to spend your life with. In times past, that's what gays and lesbians HAD to do (some still do). Or they could be imprisoned, bashed, killed, subjected to medical experiements like lobotomies, electro-shock therapy, testicular transplants, castration etc.

Do you understand how you are attracted to the opposite sex? Emotionally and mentally as well as sexually? It's the same for gay people - just with someone of the same sex.

Recent studies show that it was probably how the brain developed in the womb - due to a mixture of genetic influence and hormones.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

Quote:
The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - life - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist

Quote:
Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.
The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy, says Ivanka Savic, who conducted the study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.

"This is the most robust measure so far of cerebral differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects," she says.
Previous studies have also shown differences in brain architecture and activity between gay and straight people, but most relied on people's responses to sexuality driven cues that could have been learned, such as rating the attractiveness of male or female faces.

Brain symmetry
To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.

"That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn't be altered by learning or cognitive processes," says Savic.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-19-2011 at 02:56 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
I'm trying to explain rights to an idiot. Who cares about gay marriage.
Well, gay marriage is what the thread and the last 50 pages have been about...as well as a number of your own posts.

I thought this was, well, pretty mind numbingly obvious.

Quote:
Take it up on the Religion forum.
You brought it up, for reasons I can't fathom. Don't get your panties in a bunch when people comment on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies