Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Yawn! Read what you wrote, then get back to me.
Yeah, still not seeing it. Looks like just a copout from having to actually answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
You tell me. It appears it is at their social gatherings in S.F.
Link? And what would it have to do with gay rights?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Oh! why all the fuss then.

Never met or heard of a gay celibate. Maybe that is the cure. Celibacy.
The fuss is about equality in law, not being able to perform specific sexual acts. Again, you seem to be simply trolling.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Being gay does not mean the person is sterile.

One reason people have trouble believing that being homosexual is genetic, is why does it occur in both genders, and why are some people bi-sexual, and do some people decide to become gay later in life?

I dont beleive some people decide to become gay. I think they were born that way and either tried to hide the fact , or up untill a certain point refused to beleive it themselves. Obviously just my opinion.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
It's not homosexuality unless they are knowingly attracted to the same sex. So unless you can talk to animals, you don't have any documented cases of homosexuality in animals.

I'm going to go ahead and trust biologists over a pretty obvious bigot. They at least went to school and went out into the field to get an education on the matter. Let me know when you've done the same.

I would say in animals the only attraction is sex, so I would say the same thing about homosexuality. It's an attraction to sex. It may also be an attraction to danger.

Actually, in several animals, there have been displayed what we would consider to be emotional bonding. Regardless, humans are not regulated strictly by sexual needs. Otherwise we wouldn't bother with marriage, love, cohabitation, etc but simply be out raping each other. It's obviously a bit more complicated than what you're suggesting. You seem to have just formed an opinion without doing any actual research or reading on the vast amount of information available on the subject. Sad, but not surprising that a bigot would have avoided the facts in order to hold onto personal ignorance.

If the homosexual act is not a perversion of the natural act, then nothing is perverted. If homosexual marriage is not a perversion of normal marriage, then nothing is perverted.
Again, though, this ultimately goes back to looking at what vastly more educated people have studied on the subject. Mental health organizations disagree with your assessment. Biologist disagree with you. They have decades of research and evidence to back them up? What do you have? A Focus on the Family opinion piece?

Last edited by jbcmh81; 12-19-2011 at 10:23 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Don't you see how silly that sounds? An Animals brain works on instinct, a humans brain reasons, an animal can't. Your not a black swan or a gut worm.

Human attraction is instinct. It is not a conscious physical reaction. When you see an attractive woman, for example, do you think she's attractive first or does your body react without any rational thought on the matter? It's like breaking and having hunger. It's a biological reation that you don't control. This is Biology 101.

Homosexuals have all the same rights as the normal people, you can live with your boyfriend just as I can live with a girlfriend. Just because y'all have a disorder doesn't mean you are a seperate race.
There is no such thing as normal people, only accepted variations by individuals. Clearly we disagree on what is normal. I put my trust in science and rational thought. You put it in stereotypes, fear and personal disgust. It's not a surprise you have a hard time dealing with the concept of homosexuality. Luckily, smarter heads have prevailed on detailing what is and isn't a disorder. Homosexuality is not one. Shaking your head in denial that the earth is indeed round does not really work to your advantage.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM

410 posts, read 742,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
you are forgeting the fact that a gay person can live their lives as a normal straight person. i dont understand how you people are attracted to the same sex lol
Why should anyone be unhappy because you simply don't approve of their lifestyle?

Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
It's all rational thought. It just depends on where you are coming from. You want the government to promote your right, first by taking away any religious connotation and then calling it discrimination. Next you want to teach kids it is your right and their right, which doesn't make it right, but nevertheless. Why is it so important to pervert marriage?

Marriage in the US is a civil contract. Even if you marry in a church, you need the federal marriage document for it to be legal. And of course plenty of people do not get married in a religious ceremony at all. So there is already a separation between the two and gays will have played absolutely no part in its separation. You apparently are in fear of something that happened a long time ago.

If God has given you a base mind, and you think you are married, then fine. Nothing I can say will change your mind. But ask yourself, why is it so important in your mind? It doesn't change anything. You aren't going to be accepted by everyone. You're just creating mischief. And you're also turning the tables on the ones who say it is a perversion. Next you will be saying those people should be discriminated against. Those people should be punished for their nonacceptance.

All of this is predicted in the Bible so don't be so sure of yourselves.
First, I don't believe in God and have no personal use for organized religion, so religious arguments hold zero impact with me. Second, why is it okay for you to discriminate against others, but they can't do the same? That is NOT the goal of gay marriage proponents, but it is interesting how you phrased that. It seems that you believe that you should be able to discriminate against others but have a problem if others do it against you. I don't support discrimination against religious people, but I also expect them to not stand in the way of equality because of arbitrarily conceived belief systems that have no place in secular law.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Being gay does not mean the person is sterile.

One reason people have trouble believing that being homosexual is genetic, is why does it occur in both genders, and why are some people bi-sexual, and do some people decide to become gay later in life?
There are pretty obvious degrees in human sexual orientation, but no one
"becomes" gay later in life. You can't fake orientation, no matter how many ignorant people believe it.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There is no such thing as normal people, only accepted variations by individuals. Clearly we disagree on what is normal. I put my trust in science and rational thought. You put it in stereotypes, fear and personal disgust. It's not a surprise you have a hard time dealing with the concept of homosexuality. Luckily, smarter heads have prevailed on detailing what is and isn't a disorder. Homosexuality is not one. Shaking your head in denial that the earth is indeed round does not really work to your advantage.
My opinion is based on common sense and logic, I didn't say it was disgusting those are your words, I say I don't buy into that it is normal or natural and thats my opinion, your free to have your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies