Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 03:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I don't see a picture of Mohammed. Now why is that?
Mohammed who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
They are mocking ALL religions but they never include certain images. You know what I mean, don't ya?
There are 1000's of religions. They would need several city blocks to put up pictures that represent ALL the myths.

Did you have a particular myth you wanted to see on that display?

Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I'm not much impressed. Easy to mock a religion that teaches it's followers to turn the other cheek.
It's easy to mock followers of a religion who don't even attempt to follow the teachings of their religion.

Eg Evangelical "Christian" zealots who go around judging and condemning everyone else and spreading hate.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
But we can't call a Christmas Tree a Christmas Tree. We have to call it a holiday tree because we might offend someone. And we can't mock the atheists because we have to be tolerant. If this were done against a minority group, the left would be having a fit, but because the pictures on that poster have to do with Christianity, it's perfectly fine. I don't understand you're logic.
Poseidon, Santa and whatever that horned thing in the business suit is.... "have to do with Christianity"? Who knew?

Old 12-16-2011, 04:17 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Of course this is in a city in California, that's a given.

So you don't like religion and Christmas but do you have to mock it?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...15_634x422.jpg

Not to mention what's wrong with a city that has to enclose something in a cage?
They should have included EVERY religion, to include ISLAM.. Oh wait, that's right, fatwa requiring their deaths may be declared on them....

Old 12-16-2011, 04:20 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Of course this is in a city in California, that's a given.

So you don't like religion and Christmas but do you have to mock it?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...15_634x422.jpg

Not to mention what's wrong with a city that has to enclose something in a cage?
And? They're allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe upon the lives or rights of others. I've seen/heard quite a few offensive diatribes from people of religious nature.

Besides, the cage is there to keep someone from defacing or stealing that, I figure that would be pretty obvious.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't say they were stopping me!!! You can do whatever you want, like I said on another post.........Grab the mistle toe, pop the bubbly and enjoy the PARTY!!!

Just so YOU know, I happen to be answering someone else's question.
Yes, you did. You said they were trying to destroy Christmas.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What's the message??

Love it, when people who are really disturbed tell others to calm down.
I'm telling you to calm down because you seemed to be agitated by the thought of this group destroying Christmas.

The message is that this group thinks your religion is a myth. Just the same as you think they are incorrect in their beliefs.

BTW I am far from disturbed. Where did you pull that one out of?

Old 12-16-2011, 04:31 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Where are the atheists when these religious events are celebrated in America?

~ Mardi Gras
~ Epiphany
~ Ash Wednesday
~ Lent
~ St. Patrick's Day
~ Palm Sunday
~ Good Friday
~ Easter
~ Shavuot

The list goes on and on:

Diversity Calendar: Ethnic and Religious Cultural Holidays, Celebrations, and Festivals

hint: not in church....

Old 12-16-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
No it sounds like quite a few other posters here who admit that that attitude is only attributable to the fundamentalist Christians of which there on only a few in America...

If you go back and read this thread from the beginning you'll find those posts...
The following groups are fundamentalist?

Primitive Methodist
Baptist
Evangelical
Episcopalian
Lutheran
Presbyterian

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies