Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:21 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times

Advertisements

Zippy most human beings relate to things they know and as such we have a huge love affair with pets in this country. Sadly we live in a myopic world were killing dogs is horrible but the deaths of thousands in NOLA, Iraq or Darfur are just figures.

I'm a minority as well and what I think Vick did is horrible. The first question that popped into my head was "what was he thinking?". A very gifted athlete by all accounts yet one of very poor judjement.

This is not a racial issue at all and admitting to a guilty charge regarding the deaths of dogs as outlined by the authorities shows Sociopathic behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,850 times
Default I'm with you on this...We are individuals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Why is this news? So we (Blacks) are all supposed to think alike? Some white people supported Imus while other white people condemned him. Big freaking deal.
I'm voting you up on this one...It's about time that we all are looked at as individuals.

I hope the day comes that groups/associations will look at the crime or any other subject matter rather than the color, religion, gender...And whatever else...

No matter what peoples opinions are, Vick deserved his day in court...Imus deserved his review by the station owners and sponsors (which both had to consider the listening public), and the students at Duke deserved their day in court....And, on and on and on...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
To make this a racial issue is just a cop-out. I personally don't care if you are black, white, yellow, red, purple or green, if you abuse animals the way Vick and his friends did, you deserve jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies