Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:54 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,941,484 times

Advertisements

Smoking weed is part of growing up in America. Sure, some kids don't do it....but most kids do. It's harmless for the most part. You never hear about kids smoking a bowl and getting into fights, driving 100 mph into trees (I lost a few friends in high school due to drunk driving), or smoking themselves to death. The whole "gateway drug" debate is worthless too. I was a big-time pothead in high school (and in my early 20's), and I never was exposed to / tried anything else.

Personally, I just stopped doing it one day about 6 or 7 years ago. There was no "affirmation" of quitting or anything. I just ran out one day and never got around to buying another bag. That was it. I guess I just grew out of it. Hell, I've even declined it a few times in the years since....Just no interest anymore I guess. I had a good time with weed when I was younger though. Lots of harmless, silly fun with my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 01:59 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,941,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'd rather see weed legal and alcohol illegal. Seen way more people make stupid decisions (myself included) while drunk than while high.
The dumbest decision I've ever made when I was high was to pack another bowl and get even more baked. You know, like when you go from being stoned to that "next level" where you're basically a zombie for two hours. That kinda sucks, and I often found myself regretting what I'd done.....between those 15-minute time spans where I'd forget what I was, who I was, and what anything else was...LOL!

Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 AM

298 posts, read 388,699 times
Weed is so much better than alcohol or cigarettes.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:16 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,640,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
OK, but I assume you're an adult. This thread is about marijuana and alcohol use by teens. Do you feel that teenagers should be allowed to drink and smoke pot?

And I assume you are an adult too. Those under 18 should not be allowed to make adult decisions, so should only partake with their parents.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
My parents are the ones who remember exactly what they did when they were teens, well almost exactly. lol. My parents have one rule, never trust anyone 12-22 not even they're own kids. .

That is a very good rule. It's funny how we as parents and grandparents assume that kids today will not do what we did at that age.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Judge Napolitano was reporting on it, he wasn't happy. The problem, Newt has smoked it himself!! LOL
Do you have a link?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
It's so hilarious people think pot is this "HORRIBLE" drug. Good god - I'd way rather see my kids smoking pot with friends than every going out and getting drunk.

I'll never know why pot has such a stigma. Alcohol causes way more problems.
Read the history of pot. It was a racial thing because mostly blacks and Mexicans were smoking back in the 1930s.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,081,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Smoking weed is part of growing up in America. Sure, some kids don't do it....but most kids do. It's harmless for the most part. You never hear about kids smoking a bowl and getting into fights, driving 100 mph into trees (I lost a few friends in high school due to drunk driving), or smoking themselves to death. The whole "gateway drug" debate is worthless too. I was a big-time pothead in high school (and in my early 20's), and I never was exposed to / tried anything else.

Personally, I just stopped doing it one day about 6 or 7 years ago. There was no "affirmation" of quitting or anything. I just ran out one day and never got around to buying another bag. That was it. I guess I just grew out of it. Hell, I've even declined it a few times in the years since....Just no interest anymore I guess. I had a good time with weed when I was younger though. Lots of harmless, silly fun with my friends.
I completely agree. My friend and I all smoked pot constantly in high school, yet the last thing any of us wanted or would have done was go get all coked out or strung out on hard stuff. People who do that have addicitive and risky personalities. The pot isn't doing it to them - it's just who they are for the most part. Pot was just one rung of a ladder they were going to climb whether they wanted to or not in most cases.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,878,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Do you have a link?
Sure,Newt Gingrich: “Death Penalty for those who Smoke Marijuana” | ChristWire
“See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral,” Gingrich told Wall Street Journal reporter Hilary Stout in 1996. “Now, it is illegal AND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality… That’s why you get to go to jail and I don’t.”

Gingrich Proposed the Death Penalty for Pot Smokers -- Even Though He Admitted to Smoking it Himself | Drugs | AlterNet

Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 AM

620 posts, read 1,741,603 times
[quote=personwhoisaperson;22126075]I'm 16, so I know a little something about teenagers. The reason that they do drugs in the first place is because they are under the dilusion that they're live's are worse than everyone else's. QUOTE]

Not me. When I was in high school I smoked pot because it was fun! I had no delusions that my life was worse than anybodys. It was just for fun and I had A LOT of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies