Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,973,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The entire health care industry needs to be overhauled. They really need to crack down on these pharmaceutical companies and cut all the fat.

My pig neighbors are both in the healthcare field. She is some kind of a traveling nurse and he sets up home recovery equipment for people who get kicked out of the hospital too early by the insurance companies.

These idiots make way too much money and he let it slip to me that their companies pay for ALL THEIR GASOLINE. They have this big SUV that they pull their camper with on vacation, yes the gas is paid for by their companies so indirectly by our health care!
This is a good alternative angle. Maybe we just need to figure out how to reduce cost. I'm more in favor of that that just passing the cost on to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
Many of us don't feel that our fellow humans deserve affordable health care. Many of us cheer when someone is put to death for a crime. Many of us feel that it is a right to blow unfiltered, dangerous smoke amongst our counter-parts. But as long as we support anti-abortion causes, we consider ourselves pro-life.

Is there something I'm missing here? Why doesn't our standard of pro-life apply to all situations, instead of only dealing with fetuses?
Because just about everything in America is phony, including America's phony value of life.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Many of us don't feel that our fellow humans deserve affordable health care. Many of us cheer when someone is put to death for a crime. Many of us feel that it is a right to blow unfiltered, dangerous smoke amongst our counter-parts. But as long as we support anti-abortion causes, we consider ourselves pro-life.

Is there something I'm missing here? Why doesn't our standard of pro-life apply to all situations, instead of only dealing with fetuses?

Innocent life unable to defend itself or protect its rights vs. those who have made a decision to deprive another's right to pursue life. Can you really not see the difference?

I think you assume much when you suggest people think fellow humans don't deserve affordable healthcare just because they don't think they should bear the weight of that financial responsibility for them as well as their own loved ones. Why should anyone feel bad when evil is vanquished from the face of the earth? Is that not a time to feel relief that justice has been served to the victims and their survivors on this earth?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:50 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
To protect private property and human life.

Then why isn't the CEOs of Goldman Sachs, Citibank et al sitting behind bars? These guys committed mortgage fraud on a breathtaking scale, cheating investors and taxpayers out of countless billions. But not one of them is in prison? Why is that?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
OP, we also believe that people should work for their own healthcare benefits and not be freely given such things. Sad how you left that out as you tried to paint us with too broad a brush.

Second, even if I did want to provide healthcare to ALL 300Million, plus of us, I would not be wanting to hand it out per this debacle of a healthcare bill that was thrown together, that Pelosi said she guessed we'd just have to pass to find out what was in it.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Then why isn't the CEOs of Goldman Sachs, Citibank et al sitting behind bars? These guys committed mortgage fraud on a breathtaking scale, cheating investors and taxpayers out of countless billions. But not one of them is in prison? Why is that?
Is that how you feel or did they actually break the law?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Getting back to the OP.
In America human life has little value. It just that some want to go off on tangents to ignore that fact.
The anti-abortion crusade is for the sanctimonious who want to fool everyone that they value human life.
But most everything in America is phony, even the claim that Americans value human life.
Americans only value materialism. That's why America is spiritually hollow.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
OP, we also believe that people should work for their own healthcare benefits and not be freely given such things. Sad how you left that out as you tried to paint us with too broad a brush.

Second, even if I did want to provide healthcare to ALL 300Million, plus of us, I would not be wanting to hand it out per this debacle of a healthcare bill that was thrown together, that Pelosi said she guessed we'd just have to pass to find out what was in it.
It's not about giving it out freely. It's about making it more accessible to people, which could mean finding a way to make it more affordable. If we value life as we say we do, then we need to find ways to make it more affordable. But I get the strong feeling that people don't want that in this country, as long as they've got theirs. I love the dog-eat-dog mantra, because I believe that most who tout it would be the first to fall victim to it. In fact, I welcome it. I'd love to see this world fall apart so that people get the full experience of living outside their comfortable realm of near-perfection. It's easy to support one thing when you've lived a rather comfortable life. It's a whole other ball game when your pedestal is pulled from under you.

Think of the guy who gets an unlucky break, gets an illness that precludes him from performing his duties and he gets terminated. That is the guy I'm talking about. I'm not talking about giving crap away to ungrateful, entitled runts who refuse to work because they are lazy. I'm talking about those that actually NEED the assistance.

Last edited by Z3N1TH 0N3; 12-15-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Oh, I so wish we could give these people want they want and eliminate all regulatory safeguards that we have in place today. I so wish we could take our country back to the good ole days and show them what they're missing. Oh, it would be so grand to see who would survive in a real dog-eat-dog environment, where everyone is truly out for themselves. Oh, I would love that so very, very much. No FDA telling us which drugs are dangerous. No CDC telling us how to avoid diseases. No publicly funded roads for us to get to places so conveniently. No public transportation to take us places we need to go. No publicly funded schools to educate us. No publicly funded health care clinics to heal us. No more publicly funded anything. Everyone pulls their own weight and really makes it on their own, as they did back when our forefathers landed here. Oh please, please, please, can we do that? Let's show people what it's really like to "pull their own weight".

Old 12-15-2011, 09:35 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Oh, I so wish we could give these people want they want and eliminate all regulatory safeguards that we have in place today. I so wish we could take our country back to the good ole days and show them what they're missing. Oh, it would be so grand to see who would survive in a real dog-eat-dog environment, where everyone is truly out for themselves. Oh, I would love that so very, very much. No FDA telling us which drugs are dangerous. No CDC telling us how to avoid diseases. No publicly funded roads for us to get to places so conveniently. No public transportation to take us places we need to go. No publicly funded schools to educate us. No publicly funded health care clinics to heal us. No more publicly funded anything. Everyone pulls their own weight and really makes it on their own, as they did back when our forefathers landed here. Oh please, please, please, can we do that? Let's show people what it's really like to "pull their own weight".
See how many things you've listed are publicly funded and yet you're not satisfied with that and want more.
That's the problem with the left it has no limits to its wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies