Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Well I do know what planet we live on and what country we live in and two friggen years is more than enough time to find a job, any job. Then of course you have the folks say well hell why should I work X job that doesn't pay what I want or would barely cover what unemployment pays me. I may as well just draw unemployment. Lot of those folks. Instead of working to earn that money that may be equal to unemployment they sit home. If you don't think folks do that then I don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
x2 us unemployed self employed get nothing yet it is our fed tax dollars going to the not working special ones. what are we 2nd class citizens to be ignored? no taxes from me anymore. I will keep my earnings.

Thats what I say. Screw em, I'll sell more jobs for cash.

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Anyone on here who believes that everyone on unemployment benefit are "freeloaders" and sit around all day taking drugs and playing on their x boxes, need to get a reality check and stop watching Fox news. It's the same as saying that everyone earning over $1,000,000 a year are corrupt and evil.
The majority on benefits are not on it by choice and do not have any kind of a decent life style...... they live hand to mouth day to day trying to eek out a way to feed and clothe their family. It is insulting and extremely dumb to think that being on benefits is aspired to by millions of Americans...... it isn't and being insulting and saying "go get a job" shows a complete lack of understanding as to what is actually happening in America beacuse of the disastrous recession. Millions are now on benefits because of complete mismanagement of the economy by the previous administrations......... it is NOT a career choice as some morons on here try to make it sound.
America is now slowly edging out of recession and hopefully will not be put back into the position it was in 2007/8.
All i can say to anyone on here who are so arrogant that they think being on benefits is "peachy" is you are naive at best and absolutely stupid at worst........... Stop being a "pinhead" and get your facts right before making comments on things you have absolutely no idea about.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 AM

And a lot of them are. There are also many who work for cash and collect.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
So the last administration was a disaster yet you claim that going back to 2007/2008 will be just great for everybody?

You like to throw around a lot of insults at folks yet make a ridiculous post like this?? LOL

Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They should at least provide one of those kindle fire's so these poor disenfranchised folks can have some reading to do while sitting at home all day. Judge Judy and Jerry Springer have to get old after a while.
They are not disenfranchised but opressed.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:43 AM

Lets not overlook one simple fact. Companies dont start layoffs with letting go their best employees.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
There is a one huge issue effecting hiring.

There are far fewer jobs today and less people are retiring due to the economy. A good example of this is the teaching field. I used to teach but now work as a consultant for school districts. The teaching market was becoming tight as it was, but now it's getting down right impossible. I talk to first year teachers often who will tell me that they were "the one" to get a job out of college out of five or six friends. Many of their friends are working two or three part time jobs.

This is true in several fields, which is glutting up retail and other lower wage industries. It is not a coincidence that when I go to the mall, I get much better service. The workforce in retail has become much more educated over the last few years.

Now, you can argue that this is good for education and retail. The best of the best are getting hired and this is good for both of those industries, no question. With that said, it leaves those with less education in quite a bind.

It's a mess Obama can't really fix, nor can he fix if he is elected to a next term. And guess what? Romney, Gingrich or Paul won't be able to either.

There's been a shift in our country. During this shift, a lot of people will be on the outside looking in for a very long time.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Anyone on here who believes that everyone on unemployment benefit are "freeloaders" and sit around all day taking drugs and playing on their x boxes, need to get a reality check and stop watching Fox news. It's the same as saying that everyone earning over $1,000,000 a year are corrupt and evil.
The majority on benefits are not on it by choice and do not have any kind of a decent life style...... they live hand to mouth day to day trying to eek out a way to feed and clothe their family. It is insulting and extremely dumb to think that being on benefits is aspired to by millions of Americans...... it isn't and being insulting and saying "go get a job" shows a complete lack of understanding as to what is actually happening in America beacuse of the disastrous recession. Millions are now on benefits because of complete mismanagement of the economy by the previous administrations......... it is NOT a career choice as some morons on here try to make it sound.
America is now slowly edging out of recession and hopefully will not be put back into the position it was in 2007/8.
All i can say to anyone on here who are so arrogant that they think being on benefits is "peachy" is you are naive at best and absolutely stupid at worst........... Stop being a "pinhead" and get your facts right before making comments on things you have absolutely no idea about.
Well said

Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Lets not overlook one simple fact. Companies dont start layoffs with letting go their best employees.
You've obviously never seen how oil companies in Texas operate.

Many of the wipe out the 80-150k employees during downturns without any regard to reviews and performance whatsoever so they can hire green college students for >50k.

This happens in a lot of corporations, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies