Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times

Advertisements

When they pose a real threat to US territories, and not a second before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When do you think the USA will begin to start pushing more and more against Iran? It seems the drone that crashed there could be the start of something, nothing like a trigger but a start nonetheless.

Do you think an invasion of Iran will happen within the next 2 years? Could Obama use this as a way to secure a re-election?

What scares me about Iran, is that things could get ugly quick if we do anything to them, due to other countries like China, Russia or even Venezuela
Scary part is if the Obama administration gets us into this dog fight they will not have the balls to do it justice and we will be bogged down again. This White House knows nothing of fighting a war let alone running a country. But, I would not be surprised if O is not vendictive enough to get this ball rolling for the next president which tells me he cares not for the troops he is putting in the meat grinder. The former administration could not fight a war so what makes us think this one will?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Never when they attack an ally of the US - I'm sure you mean Israel by that comment.
Let Israel, a great provocateur, fend for themselves.
You want to fight for Israel? Go to Israel and join their military.
We've given them enough money, weapons and secrets that they can fend for themselves. They've got their own army.

No wonder the US is so hated.
Obviously you do want to see war, preemptive for no reason.
I guess you enjoyed the lie about Iraq and the ensuing deaths and costs - the reasoning was pretty much the same with a little "he tried to kill my daddy" thrown in; oh yeah, Bush's god told him to attack.

Their reach with any weapons cannot touch the US.
You want to kill millions of people for what? Because you don't like them.
Why does the US get to decide what kind of weaponry or anything else a sovereign nation does?
I think the US has too many weapons.
Why don't we start depleting our arsenals before we start telling other sovereign nations what to do?

Don't you get it? The US is the bully and will bankrupt itself to show the world it's got a bigger XXXX than they do.
Iran likes to flaunt its XXXX as well. We had better keep ours in our trousers or we will be fighting China and Iran at the same time and i think it will be a lose lose for the USA. But dont' be surprised if your chosen President starts one. He seems to be flicking their noses with his little spy planes lately.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What would be the point of invading Iran? We should continue to try to obstruct their nuclear program through assassinations, limited air strikes, computer viruses, etc. However, we should not invade them under any circumstances. What would be the point of another lengthy occupation? More blood and treasure and for what? Will the Iranians be any more apt to be our friend and ally afterwards? Of course not.

No more empire. Let's get off this crazy train. Let's be the Republic we were intended to be. If we continue down this path, we're going to bankrupt our treasury, erode our liberties, and destroy what was once a great nation.
How cavalier this country is with its 'righteousness' to interfere in the workings of another sovereign nation.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I don't want to see war either, but you are saying you'd rather have a nuclear strike go off here than invade them?
I knew this ^^ was coming.

Stop it. Really. If you want a war with Iran, go get your gun and cross the Persian border to start fighting. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Memphis, I'm with you on this one. I'll stand by Israel and her right to exist until the day that I die, translate or whatever happens at the end of the age.
Right...and that includes picking up a rifle yourself and going to fight along side of them?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly

Israel is not to be trifled with...they have no sense of humor and the cajones to back up anything they want to back up.
I'm not so sure about that. Israel is very, very limited in their options against Iran. If they weren't they would've attacked Iran already.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
When do you think the USA will begin to start pushing more and more against Iran? It seems the drone that crashed there could be the start of something, nothing like a trigger but a start nonetheless.

Do you think an invasion of Iran will happen within the next 2 years? Could Obama use this as a way to secure a re-election?

What scares me about Iran, is that things could get ugly quick if we do anything to them, due to other countries like China, Russia or even Venezuela
There are a million threads proclaiming this....going all the way back to Gulf II.

Now we've moved all our troops, supplies etc. OUT of Iraq and a lot of it is being shipped to the US and we are STILL getting threads like this?

Many of you haven't really thought this out at all in terms of the logistical support moving OUT of the theatre.

If you think the drone crash is the START of what has been covertly happening over there in the shadows you haven't been paying attention for at least a couple years.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
I don't want to see war either, but you are saying you'd rather have a nuclear strike go off here than invade them?
Of all the countries on this planet that have nukes, the only country I'm concerned about just brazenly firing off a nuke strike because they got a wild hair up their ass?

...is Israel. Who illegally possesses nukes, but is yapping like the little barking dog it is about how it's wrong for a country like Iran to have them (IF Iran even wants them) whilst it has the Pit Bull of the USA standing behind it to intimidate anyone who starts looking at the little dog with an odd eye.

Seriously, I'm not worried about India or Russia or China or our country or even North Korea just flying off the handle one day and launching a nuke. Israel, on the other hand? I could totally see them doing it just because someone wakes up one day and decides they want to. They are, by far, the most aggressive country in the entire region.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Israel is very, very limited in their options against Iran. If they weren't they would've attacked Iran already.
I think if it comes down to it and Israel is backed up as far as they can they will make Iran rue the day they messed with them and I do not think Israel will care what treaty they break nor will they care which Arab country they make mad.

I know as you say,options are limited which is very true,but they do have options and it will be most unpleasant for Iran I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies