Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not know if the Shia variety of Islam encourages and rewards suicide as much as the Sunni. Regardless we MUST avoid a war with Persia. A war with Persia will require a lot more then remote controlled bombs and drones. It will require a half million man Army on the ground in Iran. We would lose because we do not have the stomach for the casualties we would take or a robust enough economy to support those troops. [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Who said anything about invading Iran. More likely a few assasinations will take place and a revolt encouraged by the CIA to cover it all. Now if they get in cahoots with Germany and France like Sadaam did to trade oil in euro's all bets are off the table. They are under tight control now with sanctions. Iraq was too but they just kept pushing the limit hoping we'd blink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 06:31 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not know if the Shia variety of Islam encourages and rewards suicide as much as the Sunni. Regardless we MUST avoid a war with Persia. A war with Persia will require a lot more then remote controlled bombs and drones. It will require a half million man Army on the ground in Iran. We would lose because we do not have the stomach for the casualties we would take or a robust enough economy to support those troops. [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Not only that, many Iranian citizens are actually looking for an opportunity to revolt.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I can name a Saudi terrorist.

I can name a Jordanian terrorist.

I can name an Egyptian terrorist.

I can name a Palestinian terrorist.

I can name a Somali terrorist.

But I can't seem to think of any Iranian terrorists.

Their leader Akmadenejad is seen in the videos with the American hostages in 1979. HE is a kidnapper and terrorist.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Yeah everybody forgets the jibbyjabber was in that whole thing. I guess he was just misunderstood at the time. Few sessions with Dr. Phil probably straightened him right out.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Indonesia has a terrorist group yet I barely hear talk of how we "must do all it takes to stop their Islamist terrorist threats".

Why is it always about Iran?

What has Iran done to us that wasn't a response to something we did to them first?

Help me understand.
Iran makes themself a focal point due to their attempts to obtain nuclear knowledge and because thy make it so public in order to negotate for resources. They continue to go "I wont research nuclear if you give us x".. we give them "x", and a few years later they come back looking for more.

Do they catch radioative material going to Indonsian terror groups? I doubt it

Old 12-16-2011, 06:46 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,936 times
Quote=kevinm;22144348]Their leader Akmadenejad is seen in the videos with the American hostages in 1979. HE is a kidnapper and terrorist. [/quote]

Iran doesn't need to develop its own terrorists organization as long as it funds international groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. Although Iran has its own revolutionary guard,....which is listed as terrorist organization,...Iran apparently uses its money to pay others to do its dirty work.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 AM

136 posts, read 193,426 times
Quote:
I can name a Saudi terrorist.

I can name a Jordanian terrorist.

I can name an Egyptian terrorist.

I can name a Palestinian terrorist.

I can name a Somali terrorist.

But I can't seem to think of any Iranian terrorists.
Arrest warrants have been issued by Interpol for high Iranian government officials, including the Defense Minister, for committing terrorist attacks.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran 'minister' on Interpol list
Basically, the government is a terror entity. In addition, the Revolutionary Guards have been embedded for many years in Hezbullah (created, financed, and armed by Iran) and in the al-Sadr terror forces in Iraq.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:11 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Their leader Akmadenejad is seen in the videos with the American hostages in 1979. HE is a kidnapper and terrorist.
That was a Israeli PsyOps hoax...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the 1979 hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-16-2011, 07:14 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Iran makes themself a focal point due to their attempts to obtain nuclear knowledge and because thy make it so public in order to negotate for resources. They continue to go "I wont research nuclear if you give us x".. we give them "x", and a few years later they come back looking for more.

Do they catch radioative material going to Indonsian terror groups? I doubt it
Since North Korea is a greater threat to our ally South Korea than Iran is to Israel shouldn't we prepare for war against North Korea first?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Iran supports terrorism, in training, in funds, and in fact is known to harbor terrorists.

[/url]

Sounds like a pretty good description of Saudi Arabia too, perhaps we should invade/occupy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies