Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
My husband lost his job in 2009 and now we are poor. Our house is about to be foreclosed on, my husband is working an "any" job that doesn't pay anything. My health has gone down hill and we have no medical insurance. We are on food stamps for the first time in our 20 plus year marriage. My brother (who has always been on the public dole) is an avid supporter of Obama, we can't even have a conversation. Because now our political arguments aren't just an exchange of ideas, now they are personal.
First of all your husband lost his job because his employer let him go. Obama had nothing to do with it. Most of the "new poor" are poor because of Bush era implosion of the economy. Unemployment kept them afloat till now and if Obama hadn't gone to war on their behalf they would be dead now. He is still fighting for the unemployed and the reason you guys have food stamps at all is because the Republicans haven't brought in the New World Order yet. No President can bring back jobs to America without going protectionist and isolationist and the Corporatocracy will fight that. Americans are not needed as labor, nor as consumers as long as there is a Global market for the corporate class.

H

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-18-2011 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
I am pretty certain his strategy will be, "I'm not (insert nomination winner here)."

Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
People are not buying into his class warfare garbage, because they inherently KNOW HIS version of US is garbage, HIS vision of the future of the US is NOT what made this country great in the first place.

Fewer Americans See U.S. Divided Into "Haves," "Have Nots"

His strategy of pitting one segment of the population against another is clearly turning more and more people OFF.

Oooooppppsss.......NOT what the dems/obama want to hear.

The American Spectator : The Real Sleeping Giant

Bad news indeed for the dems/obama. And I have no doubt obama and his petty, immature, vindictive group of speech writers got some inspiration for his class division rhetoric from the like of Guevara and Chavez.
His chances are no more or no less than 50/50. You may as well leave it at that and move on. No since in belaboring his reelection chances when damn near every expert on elections says the same thing.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I am pretty certain his strategy will be, "I'm not (insert nomination winner here)."
Can't blame Bush anymore, the public has had it with that.

Yeah, he's not Romney, successful businessman, job creator, or Gingrich, who helped balance the budget 4 years running, something completely alien to obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
His chances are no more or no less than 50/50. You may as well leave it at that and move on. No since in belaboring his reelection chances when damn near every expert on elections says the same thing.
I don't think you've looked at his numbers in swing states and a few tried and true blue states, like PA.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Can't blame Bush anymore, the public has had it with that.

Yeah, he's not Romney, successful businessman, job creator, or Gingrich, who helped balance the budget 4 years running, something completely alien to obama.

I don't think you've looked at his numbers in swing states and a few tried and true blue states, like PA.
He's not Romney, who can now be pigeonholed as the candidate his own party didn't want or Gingrich who is a serial cheater and pretty crooked.

You underestimate how much both of these factors work in Obama's favor.

If Romney gets the nomination, there's a very good chance he will be declared the loser of his own state while people are still voting on the west coast.

The flaws of your candidates run very deep. They are too deep to beat Obama, in my opinion. I will give you PA, though. I think they are going to go red also.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
......Bad news indeed for the dems/obama. And I have no doubt obama and his petty, immature, vindictive group of speech writers got some inspiration for his class division rhetoric from the like of Guevara and Chavez.
Right on!

Richard Fisher, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, recently noted that

"no matter how much cash you have on your balance sheet, or how compliant your banker might be, or how cheap the cost of money, you will not commit substantial capital to expanding your payroll or investing significant amounts to expand plant and equipment until you know what it will cost you to run your business; until you know how much you will be taxed; until you know how federal spending will impact your customer base; until you know the cost of employee health insurance; until you are reassured that regulations that affect your business will be structured so as to incentivize rather than discourage expansion; until you have concrete assurance that the fiscal “fix†the nation so desperately needs will be crafted to stimulate the economy rather than depress it and incentivize job creation rather than discourage it; or until you are reassured that the sinkhole of unfunded liabilities like Medicare and Social Security that Republican- and Democrat-led congresses and presidents alike have dug will be repaired so that our successor generations of Americans will prosper rather than drown in dark, deep waters of debt."

Meanwhile, our small-minded president hails a two month expansion of a poorly thought-out gimmicky tax cut as a good thing.

Fisher's entire speech is a very good read, by the way.

Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? (With Reference to Wodehouse

Old 12-17-2011, 06:05 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
That 'blame Bush' strategy told EVERYBODY how immature and underqualified he was to begin with, and the liberal press has given him a free pass by not REALLY exploring his background and investigating his associates.

But that strategy just won't work anymore; all of America is sick of it, and we're all appalled by having our President speak like that, although character assasination is the one thing that he and his handlers are best at; they've used it repeatedly throughout his political career.

I thought Joe McCarthy was dead, but Obama must be his reincarnation.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM

302 posts, read 580,361 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't believe a word of your story and I reply only to inform those who may think there is any truth at all in your Grimm's fairytale.
I don't care if you believe my story. It is true and happening to us now, our retirement is gone, we get no unemployment, and my husband who has a degree and a great work record has been unemployed/underemployed since 2009. What part do you not believe? We have no medical insurance, we are in our 50's and we are trying to hold on. My husband isn't counted in the weekly jobs report or the monthly unemployment numbers but our story isn't unusual, it is being played out in many households across this country.

You remind me of a child putting his fingers in his ears and closing his eyes to block out what he doesn't want to see. It's easier to believe the fairytale that Obama is telling you because for you, it isn't personal.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I don't care if you believe my story. It is true and happening to us now, our retirement is gone, we get no unemployment, and my husband who has a degree and a great work record has been unemployed/underemployed since 2009. What part do you not believe? We have no medical insurance, we are in our 50's and we are trying to hold on. My husband isn't counted in the weekly jobs report or the monthly unemployment numbers but our story isn't unusual, it is being played out in many households across this country.

You remind me of a child putting his fingers in his ears and closing his eyes to block out what he doesn't want to see. It's easier to believe the fairytale that Obama is telling you because for you, it isn't personal.
From what I have been reading here on CD if you do not have a job in 2 years you are a "deadbeat" because you really don't want a job.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
First of all your husband lost his job because his employer let him go. Obama had nothing to do with it. Most of the "new poor" are poor because of Bush era implosion of the economy. Unemployment kept them afloat till now and if Obama hadn't gone to war on their behalf they would be dead now. He is still fighting for the unemployed and the reason you guys have food stamps at all is because the Republicans haven't brought in the New World Order yet. Honestly, I don't believe a word of your story and I reply only to inform those who may think there is any truth at all in your Grimm's fairytale. No President can bring back jobs to America without going protectionist and isolationist and the Corporatocracy will fight that. Americans are not needed as labor, nor as consumers as long as there is a Global market for the corporate class. FAIL.

H
I am shocked you would call this poster, who you do not know from a hill of beans, a liar, and not show a little empathy for her, even if her politics are different from yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies