Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:59 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times

Advertisements

Japan was trying to kill Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am having a bit of trouble with some posters who are labeling every one that attempts to participate in the thread as ignorant. i am a bit perplexed that the stats that were posted earlier on number of kills by germans of american planes by german jets has apparently been removed or i cant find it.
i added up the number of kills claimed and came up with 806.
important point, are we saying what the germans claimed they did or what we claim they did?
also the type of plane being referred to in the posts is a conventional plane outfitted with jets. not what i was talking about at all, the germans had a few prototype real bonofide jets that were in fact sighted towards the end of the war. but they had no real effect on the war. to be kind i think that the poster jumped a step in interpreting what i had said.

but back to the OP, the japanese bombed pearl harbor because of overconfidence. the british surrendered easily in singapore and they figured we would fold up too. another horrible error was they assumed from their british experience that americans would not fight at night which proved to be a horrible mistake in guadacanal. my dad being one of the marines illustrating that point to them.
i regret nevertheless the war. my SO spent 4 years in an internment camp as a little girl near san jose and they confiscated all her family property which was alot. this was true for many japanese/americans. american government never returned the property. bear in mind like my SO, many put in the camps were 3rd generation americans.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-17-2011 at 02:30 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 02:23 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
The history of WW2 was about expansion and resources. The 2 main axis partners were trying to expand there economies by expanding there countries and getting more resources, oil being the main one. The reason the Japs hit the USA was to try to knock us out of there way to expand in the Pacific. Pearl Harbor and the Phil. were hit so as to weaken our navies response. The Japs. hoped to knock us off because of a lack of oil for there fleets. Hitler was looking to enlarge Germany and against the advise of his military declared war on the US. For the Japs the military was running the county, while in Germany a politician was in charge who had used murder and a minority Gov't. to take control

Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when we stopped him he -was 2 months from jets and A bombs.
Where on earth do you get your "facts"? Comic books?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
i am having a bit of trouble with some posters who are labeling every one that attempts to participate in the thread as ignorant. i am a bit perplexed that the stats that were posted earlier on number of kills by germans of american planes by german jets has apparently been removed or i cant find it.
i added up the number of kills claimed and came up with 806.
important point, are we saying what the germans claimed they did or what we claim they did?
also the type of plane being referred to in the posts is a conventional plane outfitted with jets. not what i was talking about at all, the germans had a few prototype real bonofide jets that were in fact sighted towards the end of the war. but they had no real effect on the war. to be kind i think that the poster jumped a step in interpreting what i had said.
You accused me of posting something I didn't, only a moron would claim the ME-262 had 806 kills during the war. Couldn't have been as simple as you misreading something? NO, it's gotta be someone changed or deleted a post.

Even in the German military blogs concerning the ME-262 they claim *maybe* 140 kills.

Again and I posted FACTS for you to read, the ME-262 was an operational fighter jet, not a prototype, not in testing. Over 1,000 were built before the end of hostilities..

FACTS, not fiction. BTW, the British also had an operational jet fighter in WW2, the Gloster Meteor:

The only FACT you've posted is the ME-262 had a minimal effect on the war.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You accused me of posting something I didn't, only a moron would claim the ME-262 had 806 kills during the war. Couldn't have been as simple as you misreading something? NO, it's gotta be someone changed or deleted a post.

Even in the German military blogs concerning the ME-262 they claim *maybe* 140 kills.

Again and I posted FACTS for you to read, the ME-262 was an operational fighter jet, not a prototype, not in testing. Over 1,000 were built before the end of hostilities..

FACTS, not fiction.
no that is not what the history channel said. its a conventional plane outfitted with jet engines.look at the picture. later they did a genuine jet plane.
and that was the real "jet" i was referring to as being a limited participant in the war.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,808 times
Quote:
we attacked both.
but we are not hawaiian we are a european origin nation so our connect with europe was stronger.
japanese were also exterminating people---(manchuria) killed millions --as did germany-- but they were not your cousins in poland. . u must understand the enormous threat that hitler posed. he killed 25 million people. which was just a warm up. when we stopped him he -was 2 months from jets and A bombs. the automatic and semi automatic weapons concept we use today-- they developed then.
americans y generation do not understand all out war concept (unless they are from the south and had grandparents).
I always laugh when I hear Americans act like they actually cared about the Japanese killing millions of Chinese in China. The thing is most Americans (and many still do if you read some comments about China) thought the Chinese were inferior. Google "Yellow Peril" if you don't believe me and also look up any threads here about China, a significant number of posters usually go around calling them inhuman savages and act like the Chinese don't care about human life.

If Americans actually cared about the Chinese why didn't they give them refuge and why didn't they loosen those anti-Chinese immigration laws? Why did it take them until 1965 to let them immigrate to America in mass numbers? Also, why were those unequal treaties still in effect until the end of WWII and why did it take until the Communist revolution to render those unequal treaties between the US and China void?

Here is the unpleasant truth about Japan and America in WWII. The Americans were worried that if the Japanese took over a large section of China that the Japanese would completely close off the Chinese market from American commerce. The Japanese closed off the entire Manchurian market from everyone including their ally, Germany so this was a pretty valid concern. Since the Japanese weren't willing to withdraw from Mainland China, the Americans started supplying the Chinese back in the late 30s and then in the months before Pearl Harbor, enacted an oil embargo. The oil embargo was the catalyst for Pearl Harbor.

In case you are wondering, America also entered the war with Germany not to save Jews from the Holocaust but because the Germans were attempting to close off mainland Europe and turn it into their sphere of influence potentially cutting off the European market from America. Yes, I am aware that the Germans declared war on America but to call America neutral when it was engaged in Lend Lease is laughable.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:47 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Again: Why did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor?
Because they're notorious racists.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
no that is not what the history channel said. its a conventional plane outfitted with jet engines.look at the picture. later they did a genuine jet plane.
and that was the real "jet" i was referring to as being a limited participant in the war.
The ME-262 is not a "real" jet fighter

July 18, 1942: World's First Operational Jet Fighter Takes Wing

July 18, 1942: World's First Operational Jet Fighter Takes Wing

Jet aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
I always laugh when I hear Americans act like they actually cared about the Japanese killing millions of Chinese in China. The thing is most Americans (and many still do if you read some comments about China) thought the Chinese were inferior. Google "Yellow Peril" if you don't believe me and also look up any threads here about China, a significant number of posters usually go around calling them inhuman savages and act like the Chinese don't care about human life.

If Americans actually cared about the Chinese why didn't they give them refuge and why didn't they loosen those anti-Chinese immigration laws? Why did it take them until 1965 to let them immigrate to America in mass numbers? Also, why were those unequal treaties still in effect until the end of WWII and why did it take until the Communist revolution to render those unequal treaties between the US and China void?

Here is the unpleasant truth about Japan and America in WWII. The Americans were worried that if the Japanese took over a large section of China that the Japanese would completely close off the Chinese market from American commerce. The Japanese closed off the entire Manchurian market from everyone including their ally, Germany so this was a pretty valid concern. Since the Japanese weren't willing to withdraw from Mainland China, the Americans started supplying the Chinese back in the late 30s and then in the months before Pearl Harbor, enacted an oil embargo. The oil embargo was the catalyst for Pearl Harbor.

In case you are wondering, America also entered the war with Germany not to save Jews from the Holocaust but because the Germans were attempting to close off mainland Europe and turn it into their sphere of influence potentially cutting off the European market from America. Yes, I am aware that the Germans declared war on America but to call America neutral when it was engaged in Lend Lease is laughable.
when a small nation capable of killing 25 million and conquering most of europe and north africa in a very short time declares war on you, what your true motives are in fighting them becomes a mute point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies