Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,326,146 times

Advertisements

Amazing to see a company really taking a stand for what they believe in. I applaud Jim Henson Company. Being that they produce some of the most well recognized children's programming, I think this sends a strong message to families that they are accepting of all people's rights.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,215,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Majority of population doesn't approve of same sex marriage anyway. Hey, majority rules.
Stats. Articles. Sources. Evidence.

Back up your "opinion" and validate your claim, if you can.

Majority of the population doesn't approve of denying a group of people rights, liberties, and freedoms guaranteed to them under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Sources to back up my claim? US Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,416,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Amazing to see a company really taking a stand for what they believe in. I applaud Jim Henson Company. Being that they produce some of the most well recognized children's programming, I think this sends a strong message to families that they are accepting of all people's rights.
Gays have equal rights as anyone else but gay marriage is NOT a marriage.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Gays have equal rights as anyone else but gay marriage is NOT a marriage.
Another way of saying this is, "Separate but equal."

Sorry, sister. If the judge hands a homosexual couple a certificate of marriage, then it is a marriage in the eyes of the law.

By the way - separate but equal is not equal.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
why? Because Jesus says so?

That is right!!!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 PM

Chick-fil-A loses Muppets, gains Mike Huckabee in gay controversy - latimes.com

This company stands by family values and they don't even open on Sundays so their employees can attend church. It's a family owned business, I think they have the right to follow what they think is best.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
That is right!!!!!
That's funny - marriage predates religion. So what authority does some dude in sandals and a dress have over millions of Americans today?

Oh and not to mention that Jesus and your false god all fall under the jurisdiction of the Soul King. He just lets them do whatever they want, but when the time comes you will all be brought to Seireitei to enjoy the blessings and divinity that is the Soul King.

Praise thee, little lamb.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Chick-fil-A loses Muppets, gains Mike Huckabee in gay controversy - latimes.com

This company stands by family values and they don't even open on Sundays so their employees can attend church. It's a family owned business, I think they have the right to follow what they think is best.
I do commend them for being closed on Sundays to allow their employees to go to church and all that. No one is boycotting them for that.

What *my* issue is with them isn't that they want to stand up for family values (which doesn't mean a lot anyway), but that they are for the stifling of rights, freedoms, and liberties granted to all Americans under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Only a foolish fool who is foolishly foolish would actually support this manner of thinking.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Oh right - guess I ought to have mentioned a reputable source. Wikipedia isn't reputable, though the external sources contained within the article, however, are. Nevertheless at least you took the first step in validating your opinion - even if it's a really, really weak one at that.

What state is that exactly? California? Virginia? Florida? Mississippi? I've lived in a bunch of states, buddy.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Defenders of the Catholic Faith | Hosted by Stephen K. Ray | Author of "St. John's Gospel", "Upon This Rock", & "Crossing the Tiber"

Stephen Ray has a good explaination on what people think of homosexuality. This is on his blog. You can listen to the show he did about it from the pod cast. I am posting it here if you want to listen. Chick-fil-A has the right to keep these beliefs even if you think they should not.

"I was on Catholic Answers Live Friday (7/20/21) to discuss the heated topic of “Homosexuality and the Bible.” The phones really lit up with this topic. Below in green and brown are the questions I answered. (I will provide the links to listen on-line or download as a podcast when they are available Monday. Listening options will be found HERE.)"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies