Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I keep bringing it up b/c that's what started all of this. It's outrageous, I agree.

The 14th Amendment is what you want to cite? lol I still am waiting on what discrimination the man is supporting. Gays have the same rights as straights do. There is nothing unconstitutional about saying gays can't marry one another, unless you want to take the slippery slope route and then legalize polygamy, bestiality, marrying your laptop if you are that attached to it, etc. And no, I am not comparing homosexuality to bestiality, so don't even bother.
Sorry, but legalizing same-sex marriage WILL NOT lead to any of the things you have suggested. You have no proof to even think that it might.

Quote:
It matters b/c that's what the vast majority of Americans are. Always has been that way. We were founded on those principals whether the founding documents cite that or not.
The founding fathers believe in various things, not all of them were Christian or even theists for that matter. This country was founded on the principle that all men(mankind) are created equal regardless of their gender, sexuality, religious beliefs, race, etc. We need to be willing to accept this fact. Some of us have, only ignorant people haven't and some are so willfully ignorant they refuse to.

Quote:
I haven't judged anyone and I do love my neighbor. As I have said many many many manymanymanyadfrsdafajsd;lfj times on this board, I do not treat gay people any differently, I just don't believe they should be able to get married to another person of the same sex b/c I believe being gay is a sin.
And that is YOUR belief, not mine, not someone who is gay, and not to many other people. Why should we live by your beliefs and not ours? What makes your beliefs more relevant? And please, don't say your bible or your god makes your beliefs more relevant, that is circular reasoning and anyone who does that is an ars and an idiot.

Quote:
THAT IS IT. I am able to separate the person from the sin b/c we are all sinners and all sins are equal.
No, you can't separate the sinners from the sin because it isn't a sin, it is who they are. You simply cannot love someone and hate what they do. I can't say that I love christians and hate christian religion.

Quote:
So you can really stop with that line of thought b/c it is a waste of my time to respond to it and a waste of yours to even entertain the thought. You have to take me at my words b/c you don't know me, so seriously, it's just enough of that.
I am sorry but nobody in the right mind takes someones word for something, that is unless you take it on faith, and lets just say the majority of us have had it taking things on faith.

Quote:
I don't know what this Soul King crap is, so you can stop with that as well. It's weird....
No more weird than belief the bible is true and the word of god or that God exists as it says in the bible.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

Then there is a study suggesting gays are even better at marriage. While one study may not be conclusive, it's far better than none at all, and certainly stands to argue that gays should be given the right to marry.
I'm sure they are better at marriage considering they weren't allowed to marry up until what, a year or two ago? I hope none of them are already divorcing....

Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

Sorry, but I'm agnostic - your silly little "everyone is a sinner!" tag line doesn't apply to me nor to those who aren't Christians or religious at all in any sense whatsoever. You're a sinner, maybe but don't group me with you people - I'm above that and have my own belief structure that I live by. Thanks but no thanks to your hell and damnation and all that fake stuff.
Well, you've heard the saying if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it...you're still a sinner whether you believe in God or not. That in and of itself is a sin, obviously. Good luck with that.

P.S If you're agnostic, you acknowledge God could exist. I would tread lightly.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please read Romans 1:27-32 for God's explanation of what an unrepentant homosexual's "rights" are, especially the last verse.
So you want to start killing homosexuals now? Come over to my neighbors apartment, let me know you are there, and we will see how that plays out. Just so you know, the actual law is on our side.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So you are ok with a company that came out and said they were atheist and did not endorse any theist religion? If I started posting how vile Christianity and other theist religions are because of the hate they spread and said that hate is the cause of so many LGBT children committing suicide, what would you say then?
No. do not even go there. christianity did not cause any "gay child" to commit suicide. Anyone who commits suicide is 100% responsible for their own actions, I don't care what anyone says. Gay or not gay.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Well, you've heard the saying if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it...you're still a sinner whether you believe in God or not. That in and of itself is a sin, obviously. Good luck with that.
Again - I don't believe in your religion. Your rules and laws of the bible do not apply to me. Nice try in attempting to force others to believe in your false deity. Isn't that a sin or something?

Quote:
ag·nos·tic   [ag-nos-tik] Show IPA
noun

a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

a person who holds neither of two opposing positions on a topic

Nope. I believe there might be a higher power, but I don't believe that it's this "God' or whatever false idol you keep trying to pimp out.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:

If a tree falls in the woods it does make a sound. I don't see how this is relevant to the argument. I do not believe in false gods and make believe morals called sin. I cannot be a sinner for I know nothing of this sin.

I risk it... There is no god. Since there is no god, there is no sin. The bible and all other religions were created as coping mechanisms for man to cope with the things in nature they could not explain. Then they were perverted into a means of controlling the people by the leaders and rulers of the people. What better way to make people fall in line then to strike the fear of god into them.

I unlike adiosToreador am atheist. I lack a belief in god just as you lack understanding of existence and equality.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So you want to start killing homosexuals now? Come over to my neighbors apartment, let me know you are there, and we will see how that plays out. Just so you know, the actual law is on our side.
I did not write the Bible, and what you or I want doesn't matter. Argue with God about it, and good luck with that. God's law is the "actual" law, as you will know at the judgment.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:18 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I did not write the Bible, and what you or I want doesn't matter. Argue with God about it, and good luck with that. God's law is the "actual" law, as you will know at the judgment..
Yet all that is meaningless and pointless blather since the Soul King rules over your god and your 'heaven' as you like to call it.

The only judgement to be handed down is by the Central 46, but we don't have to worry about that.

The Soul King praises thee, little lamb.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yet all that is meaningless and pointless blather since the Soul King rules over your god and your 'heaven' as you like to call it.

The only judgement to be handed down is by the Central 46, but we don't have to worry about that.

The Soul King praises thee, little lamb.
You're beginning to worry me... You don't own a Glock do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies