Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 03:20 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
According to gays heterosexuals have destroyed many things so whats new to this argument?
Please try to avoid gross generalizations... being gay doesn't mean having to attack heterosexuality. The two aren't logically connected. Not every single gay person is an Andrea Dworkin clone. What most gays do object to is heteronormativity, the idea that heterosexuality alone is normal.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
yeah I like to do background checks on all the stores I use just in case they spend my money on something I don't like doesn't that sound stupid?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
This post has nothing to do with gay sex.

Do all Chick Fil A's play Christian rock? Just an observation at the one I eat at once in a while.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Apparently there's 1 - in the NYU student union. However, I've only lived in NYC for 3 months. I spent 25 of the last 29 years in Denver, which does have Chick-fil-A. As a matter of fact, both my middle and high schools had Chick-fil-A available for purchase in the cafeteria - along with Pizza Hut and Taco Bell options (fast food every day in public schools - no wonder our kids are getting so fat).
In schools? sad. But even worse...Hollywood/Ft lauderdale hospital in S Florida has a McDonalds across from the Emergency Room something WAY wrong with that picture.

demograhics of Chik Fil A must be "get em while theyr feeding the kids". Pump them up with high fructose corn syrup and queso-amines....cheese and fat. Its a great way for corps to manipulate the sheep.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 PM

298 posts, read 389,717 times
CFA's support of anti-gay groups is disturbing, so that is a negative for me. If there were another restaurant that serves the same delicious chicken sandwich and waffle fries at the same price with good service, then I would drop CFA.

However, such an alternative doesn't exist, and I'm not going to deny myself good food because I don't agree with what they do with a portion of their profits. If I avoided businesses that did anything I disagree with, I would have to take myself off the grid.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
CFA's support of anti-gay groups is disturbing, so that is a negative for me. If there were another restaurant that serves the same delicious chicken sandwich and waffle fries at the same price with good service, then I would drop CFA.

However, such an alternative doesn't exist, and I'm not going to deny myself good food because I don't agree with what they do with a portion of their profits. If I avoided businesses that did anything I disagree with, I would have to take myself off the grid.
Isn't that the truth. I hope Hooters doesn't come out strong for Obama.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I only boycott Chik-fil-A on sundays. I won't eat there on that day.
Then you wouldn't know they are closed on Sundays.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
This is the USA for goodness sake. We are a free enterprise, open market economy.

We support business every time we spend a dime on their premises. We are involved in politics every time we buy a pound of coffee.

I spend my money with companies that support my views, if possible. That's what free enterprise is all about.

This gay marriage fight has nothing to do with marriage, and every thing to do with our grossly unfair tax system and the way the Nation handles benefits. That is what we need to focus on, a level playing field.

Why should business provide health care? I've never understood that. Either pay me enough to provide my own, or figure out another way to do it.

If you think gays are going to he77, go to chik fil a.

If not, contact your Congress person and to do something about this crazy tax policy we are all operating under.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
No its not unconstitutional at all. Marriage is defined as a union between a woman and a man. Remember its not the old Adam and Steve, Its Adam and Eve analogy? Same thing applies today. Gays choose to live that lifestyle so I say its fine by me. But to afford them the same benefits as a "normal" married couple is going down a slippery slope indeed.
firstly, i never chose to be gay, if it was a choice i wouldn't have spent years praying to God and crying at night because i was gay and afraid i would go to hell.

secondly, being gay is not a lifestyle.. anybody who believes that is automatically a bigot.

you think EVERYONE who's gay has the same lifestyle? gee, i'm a 34 year old virgin in north dakota with a religion degree, going to school for pastoral counseling... so does that mean that neil patrick harris and i have the same lifestyle?

do you and ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE have the same lifestyle? sickening

Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I would never boycott Chick-Fil-A unless I found they were abusing animals-what a sad day in America when a company has a different belief and people boycott them. It's nice that a company gives to the community..give me a break
Right, I'm sure they buy all their chicken from free range non abusive family farms that coddle their chickens with kindness, and I also have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you. I guarentee places like Chick Fil a are keeping horribly abusive, miserably factory farms in business, those chickens live short, dirty, and miserable lives. Anyone who truly cares about the abuse of animals shouldn't be eating fast food, and most supermarket food for that matter.

Many people, and most companies don't care about animals, and believe humans should treat them however we choose, so you are actually being hypocritical if you chose to boycott any company because of animal abuse, you would be doing exactly what you say you are against, but hypocrisy seems to be the American way, so don't feel bad or anything.

Last edited by detshen; 12-19-2011 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies