Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,216,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sorry Adios Toreador---I can't seem to answer your question. when I try it comes back and says my message is too short. My answers were long so don't know what is happening on here. tech problems---I guess.
You have to unquote my post or just answer underneath using the 1-4 guidelines. Relatively simple.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,118,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
that was never an option for them or to this day for THOUSANDS of children in the system in areas where gays and lesbians are still barred from taking them in.
And should continue to be.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 AM

15,798 posts, read 21,311,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And should continue to be.
Why?

Are you really arguing that temporary foster homes, group homes, and a lack of stability are better for a child than living in a stable home with parents who happen to be of the same gender?

Have you ever actually spoken with a kid who grew up in the foster care system? Beyond wrong, offensive, and downright dangerous.

Is this really what Christian love is all about? Screw the kids as long as they're not being raised by the gays? Meanwhile, divorced and remarried couples can adopt - but that's on the same footing as homosexuals, if not worse. Why?

Old 07-26-2012, 01:48 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,824,637 times
Quote:
The Church does not want these kids to remain in the system but they have not been given any choice. This isn't a pro-choice issue---their choice has been taken away.
Because the Church was receiving federal funding. If your organization is receiving federal funding, it can't practice religious discrimination. Separation of church and state, remember? And the church absolutely was given a choice. Their choice was to continue receiving federal funding and allow children to be adopted to gay parents, to stop adoptions, or to continue adoptions as a private organization without federal funding. They had three options and they choose the most selfish one. The church decided that their religious tenets were more important than the kids, and also thought they should receive federal funding when doing so was clearly breaching the barrier between church and state.

I assume you'd be fine with a pagan adoption agency that only adopts to witches? And you'd be fine with that agency receiving tax payers dollars? And clearly it would be the fault of those nasty Christians for wanting kids in the first place if the Pagan agency closed their doors rather than adopt to Christians?

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why?

Are you really arguing that temporary foster homes, group homes, and a lack of stability are better for a child than living in a stable home with parents who happen to be of the same gender?

Have you ever actually spoken with a kid who grew up in the foster care system? Beyond wrong, offensive, and downright dangerous.

Is this really what Christian love is all about? Screw the kids as long as they're not being raised by the gays? Meanwhile, divorced and remarried couples can adopt - but that's on the same footing as homosexuals, if not worse. Why?
I am not a supporter of the gay lifestyle but on this issue I completely agree. Shoving kids into foster homes where they are abused at a much higher rate, which is a little secret they never let out, all of course covered up by confidentiality laws by the states to boot is nonsense. Being shipped from home to home and never having a place to call home is a horrible way to grow up I'm sure. Much worse than going to a gay couple who opens their home to raise them. So what if it's not the "conventional" family theirs went out the door when they ended up in state care. It's not about the children it's about money when the state gets involved. Using the gay issue to keep kids from being adopted out is one more way for the state to keep the money flowing to their coffers.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:55 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,421,578 times
If kids are abused in foster care or group homes then the authorities need to come in and clean it up. They aren't doing their job. I don't know how long the statues are but your friend could still do something about his experiences.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,421,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Because the Church was receiving federal funding. If your organization is receiving federal funding, it can't practice religious discrimination. Separation of church and state, remember? And the church absolutely was given a choice. Their choice was to continue receiving federal funding and allow children to be adopted to gay parents, to stop adoptions, or to continue adoptions as a private organization without federal funding. They had three options and they choose the most selfish one. The church decided that their religious tenets were more important than the kids, and also thought they should receive federal funding when doing so was clearly breaching the barrier between church and state.

I assume you'd be fine with a pagan adoption agency that only adopts to witches? And you'd be fine with that agency receiving tax payers dollars? And clearly it would be the fault of those nasty Christians for wanting kids in the first place if the Pagan agency closed their doors rather than adopt to Christians?
Pagans could do anything they wanted to do. Well the state would not let them if they didn't let gays adopt. I am not sure about not letting Christians adopt---that may be allowed.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
States doing their jobs? LOL. Half the people who work these jobs as social workers high school educated who can't find a job anywhere else. These children are pawns in a sad game.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 AM

15,798 posts, read 21,311,780 times
Quote:
If kids are abused in foster care or group homes then the authorities need to come in and clean it up. They aren't doing their job. I don't know how long the statues are but your friend could still do something about his experiences.
I have yet to meet a child who went into the foster care system older than 6 who was not neglected or abused in some way. As a Big Sister and former volunteer at an organization that worked on gang prevention, I worked with a LOT of foster care kids. It is most likely to occur in group homes from other kids who have a history of being abused themselves. Kids in the system are the most vulnerable because they have learned that people are transient and they can't trust anyone, so they are very unlikely to tell.

I will be sure to pass along your message. I'm sure my boyfriend and his friend will get a kick out of it.

It still doesn't answer the question of why so many children available for adoption in the system have not been adopted, with an average wait time of 3 years or why, if there are so many children, that homosexual families still struggle in some parts of the country to find agencies that will allow them to open their home for the stability of a child.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,048,796 times
While we're on the issues of child abuse and charities and christian business, why not consider spending your fast food dollar at In-N-Out Burger. They're a privately held company owned by strong Christians who don't give to gay hate groups, but instead give millions to children's charities such as the Make A Wish Foundation and have their own associated non-profit organization dedicated to preventing child abuse and assisting children who have been victimized.

Child Abuse Foundation - In-N-Out Burger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies