Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 01:22 PM

491 posts, read 471,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
3 such organizations Chick-fil-A gives money to are the Family Research Counsel, Exodus International, and local chapters of the American Family Association. Those are 3 bona fide hate groups who, among other things, counsel family and friends of gay people to reject and shame gay people, advocate for the criminalization of homosexuality, and spread vicious lies about gay people - here's a quote from the Family Research Counsel:

“one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets’ of a new sexual order”

I asked for a link showing Chik Fil A has funded these organizations and please show me examples of hate speech/crime these organizations have committed against gays.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
People are highly sensitive wimps...many people don't agree with gay marriage. It is no reason to throw a hissy fit.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
I asked for a link showing Chik Fil A has funded these organizations and please show me examples of hate speech/crime these organizations have committed against gays.
Read the first FAQ on the Exodus link. It says AIDS is God's punishment for homosexual behavior. How nice of them. That's just one example, now do your own homework.

Chick-Fil-A Donates $2 Mil to Antigay Groups | Advocate.com

WinShape, Chick-Fil-A's official charitable arm, has donated $1.9 million to Exodus International, the National Christian Foundation, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Family Research Council, the Marriage and Family Foundation, and the Georgia Family Council.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Here's their 2010 donations:

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990p...1012_990PF.pdf

See my previous post for an example of the vile hate speech they put out.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Here's their 2010 donations:

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990p...1012_990PF.pdf

See my previous post for an example of the vile hate speech they put out.
I still dont see these quotes being linked...but meh

its a private business. If they make good food, who cares. the CEO can do whatever he wants with the profit.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Default Rahm Emanuel: Chicago Values Not Chick Fil A values!

Blog: Rahmbo: 'Chick-fil-a values not Chicago values'

<B>
Quote:
[<H1>Rahmbo: 'Chick-fil-a values not Chicago values'

I think Mayor Emanuel is on to something here. By all accounts, Chick-fil-A is a well run, honest business.
And Chicago? Well...let's just say no one has ever used to the word "honest" to describe city government -- or anyone who does business with the city.
Sun Times:
"Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago values. They're not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you're gonna be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect Chicago values," Emanuel said Wednesday.

"What the CEO has said as it relates to gay marriage and gay couples is not what I believe, but more importantly, it's not what the people of Chicago believe. We just passed legislation as it relates to civil union and my goal and my hope ... is that we now move on recognizing gay marriage. I do not believe that the CEO's comments ... reflects who we are as a city."
Ald. Joe Moreno (1st) is using the same argument to block Chick-fil-A from opening its first free-standing restaurant in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.

Lets see....
Chick Fil A is an honest and clean business....and Chicago:

1. Has a 50 percent surge in homocides

2. Drug trafficking surging

3. Two Governors in Federal prison

4. Gang violence killing little black girls just sitting on the porch

5. Supports a known hate group in the NOI.....

Yep...he's right. Chick Fil A has NOTHING in common with that cesspool of a City!! Obama's city....

Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Because the CEO expresses his opinion, people are boycotting the business? That is ridiculous. Obama expressed his personal opinion in favor of gay marriage...will people vote on that one issue? Freedom of speech?
Read thru the thread...there is much more to it than that. He is donating money too known anti-gay hate groups. Maybe he is unaware of their nefarious agendas. They do attempt to use innocuous and wholesome sounding names, but their actions reveal insidious agendas.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
I still dont see these quotes being linked...but meh

its a private business. If they make good food, who cares. the CEO can do whatever he wants with the profit.
Clearly the people harmed by what the company does with its money care (as do their friends and loved ones).

Do you think a black person would care if he found out the restaurant he eats at donates money each year to the KKK as well as anti-miscegenation organizations that advocate he not be allowed to marry a white women?

Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
There is already a thread on this most people are ignoring.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Clearly the people harmed by what the company does with its money care (as do their friends and loved ones).
No, they arent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies