Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,407,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They were already bullies. Nothin new here - just a higher profile occurrence.
You're right. What is bothering me is how the Chicago mayor thinks that the business shouldn't come to his town to do business to appease the gay agenda. That's flat out wrong to tell any American business that it can't start or open a business cause you don't agree with its CEO opinion on a matter, which is simply an opinion that the person has a right to have.

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No. Why would I? Or do you think "speaking" and "selling" are synonyms?

(BTW, don't think I didn't notice that you - like all the others - couldn't justify the opinion that gays shouldn't be allowed to get married or adopt.)
You'll "notice" that gays marrying or adopting is not the topic. But for the record, I don't have a problem with it at all. But I will fight to the end someone's right to disagree with that. This is a freedom of speech issue, not a gay rights issue. And to think that an elected official can inject his own viewpoint to punish a business for enjoying a constitutional right to free speech is wrong. You should NEVER be punished for speaking. EVER.

Be careful Libs. This is a slippery slope you're pushing us to. When gay pride parades, Planned Parenthoods or any business that are offensive to a conservative government official is denied a permit, you will have no cause to complain. I will fight just as vigorously for you, but will follow up with "told ya so".

Hubby just called. We're going to Chick Fil A for dinner tonight. Gotta support a business that should be free to express their personal views.

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well, let's just let Nambla have their way too. National Association of Man Boy Love association. Let's just get completely immoral through our government. Let it be legal for all immoral activity regardless where or when or how. Let's just be like animals with no moral convictions and let it all be accepted , tolerated and held up as their right.
We're talking about the CFA boycott - not NAMBLA. You're way off topic and are attempting to present a loaded statement in place of an actual intelligent response.

Seeing as how you've yet to answer my question, I'll ask it again -

What does religion have to do with secular law?

Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hubby just called. We're going to Chick Fil A for dinner tonight. Gotta support a business that should be free to express their personal views.
Say that to JC Penny's.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Just want governments to adhere to the Constitution. Ya got a problem with that?
And, just which part of the Constitution is the owner of Chick-Fil-A violating? Check with the thought police and let us know, OK?

For those who say he should have kept his opinion to himself -- does that goe for you also? I didn't think so.

This company has steadfastly held to their founding Christian principles decade after decade.
And when pressed last week, the current president of Chick-fil-A voiced his unwavering support for real marriage. He didn't go out promoting it, he was asked by the liberal media. Wonder why they pressed him for it.

No, I don't wonder at all.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The issue I have with the Bible (I've read and studied it) is that issues related to conduct and behavior were written by Saul/Paul, a person who never met Jesus and declared himself a prophet based on illusions/images he had while walking in the desert which makes him no different than the self titled prophets you see today. And his sudden "blindness" in the desert sounds like an episode of Conduct Disorder. I think if most people knew that Paul never met Jesus, they would probably view the Bible differently.

I believe in God and Jesus. I also believe in many books of the Bible but not the entire thing particularly the writings of Paul/Saul which is where I differ from most Evangelicals like yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yeah see your god said that, not Jesus.
My, how little some people understand. PAUL DID MEET JESUS. IT WAS HIS TRANSFORMATION!

BTW, Jesus is God.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
the current president of Chick-fil-A voiced his unwavering support for real marriage.
As opposed to "fake marriage"?

It's unconstitutional to prohibit homosexuals from getting married because it's discrimination and goes against the 14th amendment. Not to mention this:

Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
IMO their influence in the media and this administration far outweighs their actual numbers. I suspect any attempt at boycotting Chick-fil-A won't work as people who've never even heard of this chain before start going.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
BTW, Jesus is God.
So your god impregnated Mary with himself? Then died? So Jesus had two daddies then - this 'god' and Joseph?

Doesn't matter in the long run though - what does religion have to do with secular law?

Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times
I will be eating there on the 1st.

All I am pro gay marriage, freedom of speech is very important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.