Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,873,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Its the busiest eatery in town.
You must live in a town with really terrible food if low quality fast food is the best restaurant on offer. Around here we have tons of locally owned small businesses and I would proudly go to any of them instead of some bigoted chain selling generic fast food chicken.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,042,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That's the problem. You libs/gays just can't tell the difference between being "anti-gay" and having a different moral perspective.
Sure we can. Having a different moral perspective is just that. Being "anti" is taking it beyond that and trying to legislate your perspective on others.

I find conservative, fundamental Christianity to be immoral. I "disagree" with it. I have a different moral perspective. However, I don't believe that because of that fundamentalist Christians should be treated differently under the law.

See the distinction?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:43 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,413,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Quite a few of those companies have issues of their own. For example:

Nike runs sweat shops.

Nike

So does Apple.

Apple

And I don't I even need to provide a link for the bad behavior of Bank of America. Have you considered boycotting those businesses?

Since "sweat shops" are good for the people and the economies where they are placed, I love/support companies who invest in emerging markets this way. Its been a boom to all involved, and has saved thousands of lives

So Personally, yes, I would boycott Chik because their policy is bad. I think Apple/NIke is doing God's work in building a better China/etc

Two Cheers for Sweat Shops
Two Cheers for Sweatshops - New York Times

Old 07-27-2012, 03:44 PM

667 posts, read 513,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You must live in a town with really terrible food if low quality fast food is the best restaurant on offer. Around here we have tons of locally owned small businesses and I would proudly go to any of them instead of some bigoted chain selling generic fast food chicken.
Chick Fil A seems to be very popular in many places. We have many great local resurants as well but Chick Fil A has great options for lunch or a less expensive meal in the evening. In addition, the food seems to be of good quality and the service has been great.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM

1,403 posts, read 932,276 times
Quote:
Its the best fast food place to go. We have Wendy's,Burger King,McDonalds,Checkers,Zaxby's,and Chick Fil A. CFA isn't bigoted despite what your narrow mindedness tells you.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sure we can. Having a different moral perspective is just that. Being "anti" is taking it beyond that and trying to legislate your perspective on others.

I find conservative, fundamental Christianity to be immoral. I "disagree" with it. I have a different moral perspective. However, I don't believe that because of that fundamentalist Christians should be treated differently under the law.

See the distinction?
If a gay person wants to marry someone from the opposite sex like the "non gay" person, they should be able to.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,873,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Nothing wrong with eating healthy. However, that can be done by cooking or eating at places with healthy food.

We cook many meals as well and eat out.

About knowing what has gone in it, growing your own food is a better answer.
We do indeed have a very large garden. Now, that's mostly vegetables with a few fruit trees but every little bit helps. We also normally shop at the local farmers market so we can actually get to know the people who grow our food and they can tell us exactly what they did or did not do to it. Now, that still means that a lot of stuff has to be bought at the supermarket (especially meats, eggs, dairy and the big commodities like grains) but I think we've made a reasonable effort.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,461,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I just read some stuff in here about how people who still eat at Chick-Fil-A and know about this are somehow against gays and all that jazz. To the people who said that, you have some nerves and you are the type of people that try to force your agendas on others. I am not gay, but know gay people and have friends who are gay, but you better believe that if I want an ice cold lemonade from Chick-Fil-A or a chicken sandwich that I am going to go and not give a flying-you-know-what about someone questioning where my heart is. I don't understand why gay people or gay groups try to make us heterosexuals feel like we are OBLIGATED to join them in their agenda.
Part of the non-existent gay agenda is to make you and people like you feel like bigots, hateful, guilty for not accepting any position they support.

OTOH, if I learned a business I used gave $millions to groups I felt opposed my rights and essential beliefs, I'd stop going there.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
We do indeed have a very large garden. Now, that's mostly vegetables with a few fruit trees but every little bit helps. We also normally shop at the local farmers market so we can actually get to know the people who grow our food and they can tell us exactly what they did or did not do to it. Now, that still means that a lot of stuff has to be bought at the supermarket (especially meats, eggs, dairy and the big commodities like grains) but I think we've made a reasonable effort.
That is great! It helps to eat healthy and supports the local economy.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,620,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I would not / will not boycott a business /person on the sole basis of a differing opinion from mine. If they have a product or service that I am happy with, I will continue to patronize them.
Reasonable, rational attitude.

Quote:
Have you asked the owners of each of those businesses what they believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.