Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
There are so many reasons not to eat crappy food. Here's another.

I think it's fine if Northern Mayors give their opinion about this. After all the owner gave his and it was pretty strong and not a mainstream opinion in the North, Mid West - or most of the country ot the world for that matter. It's a bible belt sentiment.

HOWEVER, let the open their store in whatever city. Vote by going elsewhere. Is greasy fast food chicken all that hard to find?

If people don't go there they will close down. Simple.

Uh, sheena. Chick-Fil-A ain't crappy food. Take it from an Ivy-League-educated northerner. Folks don't go there for the politics. They go because of the good food and great service.

And here's one Northern mayor you may not have heard about....

NYC's Mayor Mike Bloomberg opines on Chick-fil-A gay scandal, college students protest chain, manager dishes on Reddit - latimes.com

Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well I broke down the other day and went to CFA, first time in 10 maybe 15 years. It was good but the portions were smaller than I expect. The was a nice black girl who waited on me. You know I don't recall her quoting scripture or asking me if I was gay or straight. I think I will go back in the near future and try something else and see if they do anything discriminating.
Nope. She just politely smiled, took your money, and then funneled a portion of it to anti-gay hate groups like the Family Research Council.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 AM

117 posts, read 175,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I thought it had to do with this:

source: Chick-fil-A: Employee mocking Asians no reflection on company - latimes.com

Not that a boycott is warranted, in my opinion, for the isolated actions of one employee.
im asian, but.....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha

Old 07-28-2012, 12:52 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Have you ever been to Provence? I have, and I love it. The air is scented with the perfume of lavender fields. The sky is deep, rich cobalt. The very weeds in the fields are often wildflowers and poppies. And table wine is often chilled Beaujolias, so accessibly drinkable and brimming with the essence of the gay gamay.

Thank you for reminding me of Provence.
I sure have. Honestly, I think US politics would be more grounded in fact if more Americans traveled overseas more first of all because it's a lot of fun but second of all because travel broadens the mind. I think we'd see a whole lot less stereotyping and a whole lot more speaking from personal experience.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I sure have. Honestly, I think US politics would be more grounded in fact if more Americans traveled overseas more first of all because it's a lot of fun but second of all because travel broadens the mind. I think we'd see a whole lot less stereotyping and a whole lot more speaking from personal experience.
Agree wholeheartedly. A votre sante!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:44 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
why cant gay people keep their perverted abnormal behavior to themselves? there are not very many gay people. and they are welcome at the restaurants. he is not saying they cant go to his restaurents and spend money!
Worth 10 reps if I could give them!

What kind of sick society have we created when normal people are admonished to silence their normal views and the sick and disgusting are celebrated? Only in the upside down world of today would your question even need to be asked.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:50 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not so. Gays are just people like anyone else, some nasty and some nice.

But they are fitter and more prosperous than most Chick-Fil-A customers. As such, their avoidance of the scrumptious fowl eatery will probably have a negligible effect on its bottom line, since I don't see them chowing down a lot on deep-fried chicken with fries while seated at plastic tables.

Now, if the restaurant in question were Le Coq au Vin avec Bon Pain, the rainbow tribe might have a little more throw weight in the boycott realm.

But no.
Sounds like you're getting with the progressive program as that is utter nonsense that should be evident by the mere existence of this thread.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Sounds like you're getting with the progressive program as that is utter nonsense that should be evident by the mere existence of this thread.
The idea that humans have dignity and are worthy of respect is neither progressive nor liberal. Chick-Fil-A serves and employs the gay, the straight, and the confused. Always has.

Now it's YOUR turn to get with the CONSERVATIVE program that the boycott is utter nonsense. And that Boston's mayor is a liberal moron:

Radical imam OK but not Chick-fil-A - BostonHerald.com

Old 07-28-2012, 03:45 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Is there a dumbest thread contest on City-Data?

I nominate this one.

POC Forum.. all gay threads, all the time... exausting!
if it wasn't the gay issues it would be something else. That's just human nature.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Worth 10 reps if I could give them!

What kind of sick society have we created when normal people are admonished to silence their normal views and the sick and disgusting are celebrated? Only in the upside down world of today would your question even need to be asked.

Is your life a barometer for normalcy? Dan Cathy had the right to say what he did and people have the right to boycott/protest because of what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies