Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Something to feast your eyes on. I actually never had Chik-Fil-A before, so I wouldn't know:
Now, THAT'S hateful.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Hmm. Looks like New York's Mayor demurs from the shameful pandering by other northern mayors....

“I disagree with them really strongly on this one,” Bloomberg said on the John Gambling radio show. ”You can’t have a test for what the owners’ personal views are before you decide to give a permit to do something in the city. You really don’t want to ask political beliefs or religious beliefs before you issue a permit. That’s just not government’s job.”
“This is just a bad idea and it’s not going to happen in New York City,” Bloomberg added.

Bloomberg Says Mayors ‘Are Wrong’ to Ban Chick-fil-A - ABC News
Yes, I heard him say that. I don't agree with Bloomberg on many things, but this time he's right on, and I'll drink (my 32 oz soda) to that!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, I heard him say that. I don't agree with Bloomberg on many things, but this time he's right on, and I'll drink (my 32 oz soda) to that!
Sugar-free, we assume.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:38 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Mind numbing, indeed. But, on whose part? Note the comment I bolded above. I'd like you, or someone, to please tell us what constitutes "promoting" discrimination. Are my thoughts and beleifs promoting discrimination against those who do not think the same way? Is Mr. Cathy filling his restaurants with promotional signs espousing his belief about the definition of marriage?

How, exactly, is he "promoting"? Just by thinking and believing?

And they won't let me rep you now either, SB, so here's a Thumbs up, too.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Hmm. Looks like New York's Mayor demurs from the shameful pandering by other northern mayors....

“I disagree with them really strongly on this one,” Bloomberg said on the John Gambling radio show. ”You can’t have a test for what the owners’ personal views are before you decide to give a permit to do something in the city. You really don’t want to ask political beliefs or religious beliefs before you issue a permit. That’s just not government’s job.”
“This is just a bad idea and it’s not going to happen in New York City,” Bloomberg added.

Bloomberg Says Mayors ‘Are Wrong’ to Ban Chick-fil-A - ABC News
Good for him.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM

464 posts, read 660,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What? How do same-sex couples not need a license to get married, and how do they have more rights than opposite-sex couples?
You don't need a license to get married. Just get married. In fact, you should be fighting with us heterosexuals to get government out of heterosexual marriage. The government has no business licensing marriage, homosexual or heterosexual. Why do you willingly allow government to curtail your freedoms?

You are trapped in a mental cage of your making. Free your mind.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And, it is your choice not to patronize a particular restaurant. Frankly, and IMO, what an owner of a business does with THEIR money (after I have spent it there, it becomes their money) is not any of my business..
That's like saying if a us corporation spent money to further Germany pre ww2 because they hated Jews, that's their business and none of ours.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
You don't need a license to get married. Just get married. In fact, you should be fighting with us heterosexuals to get government out of heterosexual marriage. The government has no business licensing marriage, homosexual or heterosexual. Why do you willingly allow government to curtail your freedoms?

You are trapped in a mental cage of your making. Free your mind.
You certainly need a license to get a civil marriage and to exercise the civil rights that are conferred to couples who contract one.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What? How do same-sex couples not need a license to get married, and how do they have more rights than opposite-sex couples?
Only in tyrannical states like California and New York do homosexuals need a license to get married. In other words, they have to ask permission from their overlords in these states. Marriage is contract between individuals. The government has no business getting involved. Why do you willingly let your rights be taken from you? Fight with us heterosexuals to get government out of the marriage licensing business!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You certainly need a license to get a civil marriage and to exercise the civil rights that are conferred to couples who contract one.
But that is the point. Why get involved in a "civil marriage" ? Just get married. Why let the government curtail your freedoms. Furthermore, all the "rights that are conferred to couples" of which you speak are not rights at all, they are allowances by the overlords. You have INALIENABLE rights. Exercise them and don't let government curtail your rights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies