Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 PM

589 posts, read 850,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if you dont think the way liberals want you to think you are a hate monger!

Free speach means you are free to do as you are told!!!!!!!

No, it doesn't have to do with the fact that you don't think like a liberal.

It has to do with the fact that you don't think like an American, that our founding father envisoned.

You obviously aren't committed to the American ideal of equal rights for all.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A newly-released analysis of Chick-fil-A's charitable work has found that the fast found chain donated nearly $2 million to anti-gay groups over the course of 2010.

The New Civil Rights Movement's David Badash presents an even more disturbing figure: that Chick-fil-A has donated an estimated $5 million to anti-gay organizations and hate groups between 2003 and 2010.

read more here
Chick-Fil-A's Anti-Gay Donations Totaled Nearly $2 Million In 2010: Report
First of all, disagreement does NOT equal persecution.

Second, though I don't agree with their donations, Chick-Fil-A is full entitled to give to ANY charity they choose. Don't like it? Don't eat at Chick Fil A. Done deal.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
First of all, disagreement does NOT equal persecution. Danged drama queens. Geez...

Second, though I don't agree with their donations, Chick-Fil-A is full entitled to give to ANY charity they choose. Don't like it? Don't eat at Chick Fil A. Done deal.

Next sniveling whiner?
Just what are you attacking the OP for? I'd hardly call presenting facts "whining".

Simply not eating at Chick-Fil-A isn't good enough. Gotta point out the wrongfulness of giving money to any group that would see homosexuals treated unfairly. Whether people want to realize/admit it or not, contributing to these groups is contributing to the intolerance and inequality they stand for (I couldn't care less what ELSE they stand for, either).

And when you contribute to Chick-Fil-A, evidently, you are contributing to the same unjustifiable BS. So what if the OP made a thread out of this knowledge? Nothing wrong with getting the truth out there.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
This is kinda funny, but nothing wrong about voting with your wallet.

I don't buy Ben & Jerry's excellent products because they are anti-Second Amendment leftwingnuts, IMO. Don't patronize 7-11 for the same reason.

But frankly, none of those corporations really give a flip about the boycotters they never heard of. lol

It's just a self feelgood thing.

Some guys won't buy a Kahr handgun because the company's owner/inventor is the son of the head of the Moonie cult. But on the other hand, those same guys love to collect German Lugers & Moisin Nagant rifles (from nazi Germany & Joe Stalin's commie regime). Go figgure.

I like Chick-fil-A. Never have asked my gay friends & relatives what their thoughts were about such things.

Life can be an entertainment though.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
First of all, disagreement does NOT equal persecution. Danged drama queens. Geez...

Next sniveling whiner?

What a load of remedial mouthbreathing crap

Giving 2 million to anti gay organizations is a lot more than 'disagreement.' It's a blatant and considered attack against the equal rights of another group of Americans.

Yes, they can give their money to anyone they want, and so can we liberals.

Regardless of the number of knuckle dragging Neanderthals that may be out there looking for an excuse to defend this 'contribution,' once more people fully understand the politics of this bigoted company, they can, and will be hurt by a boycott.

It's called conviction of principles. You should look it up in the dictionary, as soon as you finish reading Mein Kampf.

Last edited by Nomad58; 07-05-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 12:56 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
What a load of remedial mouthbreathing Horsesh*t

Giving 2 million to anti gay organizations is a lot more than 'disagreement.' It's a blatant and considered attack against the equal rights of another group of Americans.

Yes, they can give their money to anyone they want, and so can we liberals.

What we understand is that regardless of the number of knuckle dragging Neanderthals that may be out there who would look to excuse or defend this 'contribution,' once more people fully understand the politics of this bigoted company, they can, and will be hurt by a boycott.

It's called conviction of principles. You should look it up in the dictionary, as soon as you finish reading Mein Kampf.
Speaking of horse$hit, funny you should show up...

I've never eaten at Chick Fil A, but if I decide to, there is NOTHING that YOU or any of your other little communist friends are going to do about it.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:57 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Chick fil A's food sucks ass anyways.

Just another excuse to not eat their crap food.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:

I've never eaten at Chick Fil A, but if I decide to, there is NOTHING that YOU or any of your other little communist friends are going to do about it.
Don't pay any attention to that trailer queen..... he loves worshipping people who try to control other people..... just like his comrade Stalin

Not saying I agree with Chick Fil A, but they are entitled to their opinion..... it is still a free country, unless nutcases like Nomad get their way...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if you dont think the way liberals want you to think you are a hate monger!

Free speach means you are free to do as you are told!!!!!!!
You'd better let nicet4 know:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Never ate at Chick-fil-A's but now I am going to have to try it!

Thanks for passing on the news.
S/he is under the impression that the OP's news about Chick-Fil-A's donations is a reason to eat there. You should let nicet4 know that s/he is not free to do so!!! Hurry!!!!! Before nicet4 is rounded up by authorities at the Chick-Fil-A for eating there!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Agreed, we can't stop you. But we don't need to stop everyone.

We just need to stop enough people that currently may not be aware of the company policies, or may actually believe in the equal rights principles, that this Country was built on.

Once that happens, sales will suffer, and the company will modify it's behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies