Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

The handwriting was on the wall for Chick-fil-A when they began serving pork products.

When did they start serving pork products? Never heard of it.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Funny thing is that Wendys corporate office made the franchise owner take down his sign, and replace it with one that reads We proudly serve ALL customers.

I guess Wendys doesn't want to be involved with this mess CFA has gotten itself into.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I guess everybody will be boycotting em now. Oh wait anyone who isn't a liberal loon usually doesn't run around flapping their arms screaming about nonsense. Carry on.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

667 posts, read 516,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
On a side note....

It's equally disturbing to see that so many of you eat so much of this fast-food cr@p and actually plan out your days/" dining " there.

No wonder this country has so many obese, unhealthy people.

As for Wendy's: another corporation desperately throwing their hat into the ring, as to draw more attention/publicity to themselves. The sockpuppets swallow the hook, line and sinker.

What a sad state of affairs, in this country.

The ability to think for oneself, in America, has become a thing of the past.

Nothing but partisan sockpuppets and biased religious bigots.

Oh, I'm sure I'll see every single one you sockpuppet religious bandwagoneers at church on sunday

LMAO!!!
It is sad to see you desperately trying to gain traction while sliding backwards.

This shotgun approach of throwing multiple insults against the wall to see what sticks is weak.

I don't always eat fast food, but when I do, it is usually at Chick Fil A. Their food is good, the people are nice, the service is great, and I support their business practices.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
I wish I was invited!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
MAJOR traffic jam at the CFA by me. Drive-thru line about 1/4 mile long.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Sure, I'm aware that these are franchisees. But surely, they have to clear it with the Cathys before they make such a commitment to a pride festival? The franchisees knew what they were getting into since the Cathys have always closed their stores on Sundays. I'm just surprised that this particular franchisee somehow made it into the "bigot club" gauntlet that the Cathys implement for franchise candidates.
So now you don't understand how franchises work, either?

This guy pays a fee to CFA corporate for signage. He pays CFA corporate for the food. But it's his business. He can do what he wishes with it. People like you who spout off like this clearly know nothing about how franchises work or even how the CFA franchise process goes (I myself looked into obtaining one some years back, but ultimately backed out because of a clause in the agreement that I considered a dealbreaker). Just because the CEO of the company doesn't support gay marriage and allocates corporate funds to Christian groups (who, by default, are anti-gay marriage) doesn't mean anything on the local level. Not once when I was looking into a franchise did anyone ever ask me "will you hire gays? Are you against gay marriage? Do you believe in a God?"

People like you just love to regurgitate something they've been fed without having any actual knowledge of a situation.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Funny thing is that Wendys corporate office made the franchise owner take down his sign, and replace it with one that reads We proudly serve ALL customers.

I guess Wendys doesn't want to be involved with this mess CFA has gotten itself into.
Are you suggesting that Chick-fil-A doesn't serve all customers??

If so, you haven't been following. Or, tell me where they've turned a gay person away and refused to serve them.

You are spin masters. No wonder you all love Obama.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM

667 posts, read 516,168 times
Quote:

To be factual, he did not replace the sign as you stated.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
What it is really about is that the Homosexuals can't stand it when someone has a different belief than them
Which, yet again, for the umpteenth time, is not what this boycott is about. (SPeaking as a polysexual): We have no problem with those who have different beliefs than us. The problem comes when you use the different beliefs as an excuse to discriminate. And giving money to groups who actively seek to put down homosexuals is discrimination.

Quote:

If this is true, I see a baconator in my future. It's at least more edible than anything Chic-Fil-A pushes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies