Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,722,335 times

Advertisements

So he's one of those "small government " conservatives.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,965,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Wow, people are really going to town with the whole "Chick-Fil-A's doing great. That means it's right to promote discrimination against gays" argument

Since everyone else is offering unsubstatiated claims about how this is supposedly helping/hurting Chick-Fil-A, may I just remind you all that people like me have started going to places we know support gay rights more often as well. Went to KFC the other day, and I will be going to McDonalds (which, neverminding the fake picture of a McDonald's sign reading that they support Chick-Fil-A, is actually pro-gay rights as well) more often than before. Basically, every time I might've gone to Wendy's or Chick-Fil-A in the past, I'm going to go to KFC or McDonald's instead. I defy anyone to prove that Chick-Fil-A is benefitting or going to benefit more from this than KFC and McDonald's.

Regardless of what you choose, your reasons why should be solid. They shouldn't be so easy to tear apart. No matter how popular an opinion is, it can still be wrong.
Well, since I think this whole boycott this is silly, I don't really care one way or the other but what I've seen around these parts is that Chick-Fil-A has a ton more business now than they already did before this. Seems that would help them because it means more profit. They were already one of the more popular fast food choices here but now it seems they are getting a ton of profit from this latest bit.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,100,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Chick-Fil-A To Sponsor Gay Pride Fest In Nashua, New Hampshire

Could this be true? I'm not sure that I'd want to accept their food if I were them. They'd probably use spoiled chicken and stale waffle fries to give to the gays.

I wonder if the Cathys know about this?
The title to your thread is a little misleading. Its not "chick-fil-a" the company that supporting gay pirde, its one franchise owner.

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Cheapskate.
Exactly. What bum would serve Chick Fil-A to his guests? SMH...

Texans...i swear.

667 posts, read 513,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Wow, people are really going to town with the whole "Chick-Fil-A's doing great. That means it's right to promote discrimination against gays" argument

Since everyone else is offering unsubstatiated claims about how this is supposedly helping/hurting Chick-Fil-A, may I just remind you all that people like me have started going to places we know support gay rights more often as well. Went to KFC the other day, and I will be going to McDonalds (which, neverminding the fake picture of a McDonald's sign reading that they support Chick-Fil-A, is actually pro-gay rights as well) more often than before. Basically, every time I might've gone to Wendy's or Chick-Fil-A in the past, I'm going to go to KFC or McDonald's instead. I defy anyone to prove that Chick-Fil-A is benefitting or going to benefit more from this than KFC and McDonald's.

Regardless of what you choose, your reasons why should be solid. They shouldn't be so easy to tear apart. No matter how popular an opinion is, it can still be wrong.
I see your shift from the economic effect of the boycott to the economic effect on the anti-boycott.

I don't see a substantial long term financial impact either way.

However, it is hard to go to a Chick Fil A today and deny the boost in business, temporary as it may be.

Has the boycott had a significant financial effect on Chick Fil A?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,144,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Keep slinging the hate if it makes you feel better. A suggestion though is to find some new words.

Sad to see.
Your tactic is antiquated and sad.

Don't whine about hate, when you're in full support of fascist religious bigotry. Playing the victim and spouting off about hate makes you look foolish. Funny, no thoughts of hate entered your mind in your support of Cathy and CFA's long history of fascist religious bigotry/discrimination. It's as if the concept was foreign to you. But now, you suddenly remember. Let's see if you're a big enough boy to think it all the way through. I know you can do it, if you want to freally think and make a true effort. I'm rooting for you.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,356,318 times
The point is that this could just as easily help Chick-Fil-A's competitors as it helps Chick-Fil-A.

And also that having the most support does not make you right by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
So do you believe that black people who hate racists are bigots? For not supporting the people who hate them?
I can see their answers already. "But- but- blacks are born black. Gays aren't born gay!" Of course they can't prove that, but they're willing to take that risk of being wrong. After all, what do they have to lose?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,293,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm sure you know, for federal purposes, DOMA defines marriage as the legal union of one man and one woman.

On the state level, bans against ssm also prevent heterosexuals from marrying someone of the same gender. Laws in many states also prevent 1st cousins of any gender from marrying.

[Is the word 'straight' still an acceptable word ? 'Hetero' ok ? 'Not gay' or Ungay' ? 'Heterosexual' is such a long word to type.]
And that's a law? Nope

Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,857,015 times
went to chick fil a today. (indian river mall)

that was the longest line i ever waited in at the mall for anything.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM

667 posts, read 513,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
So do you believe that black people who hate racists are bigots? For not supporting the people who hate them?
Race is not an immunity to being a bigot. At the same time, this is not a race issue.

However, to use your example, it does not make me a bigot to oppose your anti-Christian behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies