Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Above
You obviously missed posting the sarcastic smilie.

And every year, voters in different states vote against homosexual "marriage." Most recently, in North Carolina.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You obviously missed posting the sarcastic smilie.

And every year, voters in different states vote against homosexual "marriage." Most recently, in North Carolina.

I don't need a sarcastic smile when saying this.

That may be true, but they are outnumbered by states that did allow it. You know it will become legal nationally.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Chick Fil A and boycott

Our local News interviewed people waiting in line, most people said they were standing up for free speech and freedom of religion and family values. It's getting busier as dinner time has come.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Freedom of speech, huh?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-rampage.html

You mean like this one? Apparently, conservatives do not like freedom of speech unless it's something they support.
Put whatever words you want in my mouth. As long as it's just words, LOL.

By the way, I'm as "conservative" as Eugene Debs. Oh wait, you don't know anything about U.S. History. I'm as "conservative" as a person who isn't conservative at all.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Because they like supporting free speech. If you find that odd, it's time to hit your American history books again.

Good to know you defriended someone on Facebook, though, how interesting.

Ok, without being a smart azz, do you think that maybe all of this hoopla today would not have happened if not for the mayors' comments? Prior to that, it was only a gay/gay allies boycott. The gay/gay allies community has been subjected to countless boycotts from Disney to JCPenney by religious orgs, but they did not attract the attention that this one has. Is this CFA protest day mostly for protection of 1st Amend rights or gay rights animus or both? Snarky comments from some of the usual anti-gay posters on this forum proves to me that it's same old anti-gay animus with some. But how many of those chicken eating protestors are there for 1st Amend rights?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Put whatever words you want in my mouth. As long as it's just words, LOL.
I didn't think you had a response to this.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Ok, without being a smart azz, do you think that maybe all of this hoopla today would not have happened if not for the mayors' comments? Prior to that, it was only a gay/gay allies boycott. The gay/gay allies community has been subjected to countless boycotts from Disney to JCPenney by religious orgs, but they did not attract the attention that this one has. Is this CFA protest day mostly for protection of 1st Amend rights or gay rights animus or both? Snarky comments from some of the usual anti-gay posters on this forum proves to me that it's same old anti-gay animus with some. But how many of those chicken eating protestors are there for 1st Amend rights?
69 percent.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
69 percent.

So you think that it's not just a "hatefest"?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
My husband just tried to join the crowd at Chick-Fil-A but came home empty handed. Seems he would have had to get in the wrap-around line to go through the drive-thru and estimated it would have taken two hours to get his food. He came home and asked me to bake him a chicken breast. People were parking in the shopping center parking lot and walking over to go inside.

Do you think Obama is going to find out he planned the DNC in a hornet's nest?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:28 PM

1,196 posts, read 838,854 times
Default Same-sex marriage Chick-fil-A chain

Looks like the democrats stepped in it again.

Same-sex marriage foes flock to Chick-fil-A chain
Same-sex marriage foes flock to Chick-fil-A chain - Yahoo! News Canada

Thousands of people across the United States heeded the call of two former Republican presidential candidates to eat at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday to show support for the chain restaurant as it weathers criticism for its president's public opposition to gay marriage.

In Chick-fil-A's corporate hometown of Atlanta, 42-year-old government worker Hackwin Devoe said he "does not find Biblical support" for gay marriage but does not oppose it.
He said one of the things that makes the United States a great nation is that Americans respect one another for their opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies